Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

forgive me am in a car up the Hume. lol

relying on you lot :)

for those that missed it; conversation went as follows ; as i have no life;

eddie; roos; dunstall ;m.mclure talking issues ie; stadium avail. daisy thomas.etc;

eddie; "3 cheers for roosy he's staying at fox footy by the sounds of things ( roos smiles with embarrassment ) u've knocked the brisbane lions back & ralphy youv'e got some info before we get the mail from roosy..

ralphy; states we have- we dont know if daisy thomas will stay BUT rodney eade will stay he's basically put his coaching ambitions

on hold forever because he will be the full time football manager @ coll.which is a very prestigious position. he interviewed very well @ melb ? & brisbane were keen as well.

& now roosy informed angus johnson due to FAMILY reasons , he would be unable to RELOCATE to brisbane & was therefore ruled out as a candidate.( end quote )

then ralphy, talking to roos saying melb.still think u r very keen or that u r NOT totally ,categorically ruled out roosy , whats going on have u not told them enough times ????..

ROOS; " well i think part of the process is & when i spoke to angus @ brisb. u start to think about things, what they look like from a

FAMILY point of view; moving back 10 or 12 weeks ago there was certainly NO CHANCE.

i spoke to angus last week i simply can't MOVE to brisbane.

UMM in terms of the melb. job- ahh uh u know look there is some MORE interest than what there was 12 weeks ago.

will that happen ? ah as ive said to you ralphy as i've said to a number of people, if it does i'll let u know as soon as i know .

("OOH- OOH" NOISES FROM DUNSTALL & EDDIE !@!!! )

ralphy;; would u be happy to be interviewed given that there is a level of interest..

roos; look i've had some discussions with peter & peter has been really honest with me, umm & I HAVE SAID TO HIM U HAVE TO WORK TO YOUR TIME LINE NOT MY TIME LINE, ,, umm & im certainly open like ive always said if he calls me i am always happy to take his call..

dunstall; " ed-this is a significant shift we have just heard paul roos say there is MORE interest NOW on my perspective..

(roos- nodding in agreement.) all of sudden its becoming something thats more realistic"

ROOS; well i think yea its difficult when you r sort of talking in a public forum,when i've said u've got to u can't just flick the switch we know -to be a senior coach u have to want to do it u have to be 100 % involved init. so

dunstall interjects " looks like u have screwed a new bulb in though.

roos; well along the process u start to think what does it look like what effect does it impact on the FAMILY so clearly

from 12 weeks ago u start to think about it & u got to make a decision at some point , i've made that clear to melb.that they can't wait to see what i'm doing they have got to work to their own time frame , but i am certainly open as i have always said to talk to people about it..

mclure chips in with a grim-i think it gives some message to melbourne that there's some hpe there that they may get you.

roos then laughs "ha ha ha "

eddie; " this is the biggest thing that has happened to melb ( mclure chips in with FOREVER- & DUNSTALL LAUGHS )

SINCE-since john beckwith hit the boundary line I THINK

mcclure- "since ah since barassi left" in 66.

eddie; so roosy " just again" , roll record everyone @ every news station across the country-

just for clarification so there's no ducks & drakes & things- what is your position as far as melb. is concerned? they need to come to you now & put an offer?

ROOS; i have had some dialogue with peter & he's continued to talk to me um i've said to em along the process is really difficult when u r asked all the time & i can only answer the question & ive said that a number of times, i'll answer the question when u ask me.& when i started the process 12 weeks ago u can't go fro 0% to 100 % in such a short space of time.

there's more INTEREST NOW & i've tried to be as honest as i possibly can be, i'm certainly not & the point now that i can say i will be but certainly start thinking about it u start picturing yourself doing it, what does it look like & all those things,- so where am i at is it 50- 50 ??or whatever , its probably moved from 0 % to around that 50- 50 but at some point u have got to then decide to dip the the toe in the water you have got to be serious about it u have got to be fair dinkum ..

mcclure; have u got your phone on ?? ( laughing )

dunstall; i tell u wont hear any more from ralphy anymore tonight he will be busy writing the back page story. (laughing all together )

eddie; one last one you have been really good roosy a couple of weeks ago you told us family situations probably expell u from the process of the brisb lions can i just ask u on the back of that as we just saw angus johnson.

your family situation allow u to come to melbourne easier than brisbane ???

roos; just to clarify we have discussed the move from a family point of view & it was not going to work & angus knows the reason for that..

melbourne is an option in terms of melbourne the state in moving, so.does that mean i am going to coach the melb. F.C. "NO"

but one of the things u do do when u r going through the process & u think about it logically & work out what's achievable.

obviously my family is what's important for me at the moment far above coaching or anything else i do

so is melb more of an option yes- brisb is not from a family point of view.?

eddie; so melb could be an option if things came to together.

roos; yea certainly absolutely..

eddie ; there u go i dont think we could ask anymore honesty from p roos tonight to say that..

dunstall; ( whistling )

eddie; i think they have sung "the grand ole flag once" this year melb all ove raustralia melb fans r singing it as we speak i reckon.

ralphy, what more have u got it doesn't matter i think we have got the front & back page lead here tonight.

ralphy: all of a sudden the dark clouds have parted @ melb.

eddie; the mail from sportsbet is that roos has been wound into a $1.40 ( roos laughing )

with the afl now funding melb. really they have got to back the truck up & get roos.

roos; u do have to be committed to it its - money is the result of actually doing but u cant just do it for money, we have seen that in the past u have to get your mind across actually doing it.

mcclure; i think we r all glad that u r thinking about it.-thats seriously is the point.( roos nods )

going to the war room .

king & lynch;; wer all boring but- mike sheahan is up and about singing the theme song.

• Like 11

My biggest issue is getting my boner down this weekend.

Beyond massive for the club and I cannot think of the last time our club could potentially score this kind of boon. In terms of sponsorship, membership, attracting players/recruits, cultural standards, momentum it just doesn't get bigger than scoring this guy.

All of a sudden we would be an attractive side for young players and recruits. All of a sudden we would look like a serious club for the first time since the Daniher years or probably earlier.

I don't want to get my hopes up (Judd a dee, Scully will stay, etc etc) - but if he is announced as coach I may never be sober again...

• Like 5

for those that missed it; conversation went as follows ; as i have no life;

eddie; roos; dunstall ;m.mclure talking issues ie; stadium avail. daisy thomas.etc;

eddie; "3 cheers for roosy he's staying at fox footy by the sounds of things ( roos smiles with embarrassment ) u've knocked the brisbane lions back & ralphy youv'e got some info before we get the mail from roosy..

ralphy; states we have- we dont know if daisy thomas will stay BUT rodney eade will stay he's basically put his coaching ambitions

on hold forever because he will be the full time football manager @ coll.which is a very prestigious position. he interviewed very well @ melb ? & brisbane were keen as well.

& now roosy informed angus johnson due to FAMILY reasons , he would be unable to RELOCATE to brisbane & was therefore ruled out as a candidate.( end quote )

then ralphy, talking to roos saying melb.still think u r very keen or that u r NOT totally ,categorically ruled out roosy , whats going on have u not told them enough times ????..

ROOS; " well i think part of the process is & when i spoke to angus @ brisb. u start to think about things, what they look like from a

FAMILY point of view; moving back 10 or 12 weeks ago there was certainly NO CHANCE.

i spoke to angus last week i simply can't MOVE to brisbane.

UMM in terms of the melb. job- ahh uh u know look there is some MORE interest than what there was 12 weeks ago.

will that happen ? ah as ive said to you ralphy as i've said to a number of people, if it does i'll let u know as soon as i know .

("OOH- OOH" NOISES FROM DUNSTALL & EDDIE !@!!! )

ralphy;; would u be happy to be interviewed given that there is a level of interest..

roos; look i've had some discussions with peter & peter has been really honest with me, umm & I HAVE SAID TO HIM U HAVE TO WORK TO YOUR TIME LINE NOT MY TIME LINE, ,, umm & im certainly open like ive always said if he calls me i am always happy to take his call..

dunstall; " ed-this is a significant shift we have just heard paul roos say there is MORE interest NOW on my perspective..

(roos- nodding in agreement.) all of sudden its becoming something thats more realistic"

ROOS; well i think yea its difficult when you r sort of talking in a public forum,when i've said u've got to u can't just flick the switch we know -to be a senior coach u have to want to do it u have to be 100 % involved init. so

dunstall interjects " looks like u have screwed a new bulb in though.

roos; well along the process u start to think what does it look like what effect does it impact on the FAMILY so clearly

from 12 weeks ago u start to think about it & u got to make a decision at some point , i've made that clear to melb.that they can't wait to see what i'm doing they have got to work to their own time frame , but i am certainly open as i have always said to talk to people about it..

mclure chips in with a grim-i think it gives some message to melbourne that there's some hpe there that they may get you.

roos then laughs "ha ha ha "

eddie; " this is the biggest thing that has happened to melb ( mclure chips in with FOREVER- & DUNSTALL LAUGHS )

SINCE-since john beckwith hit the boundary line I THINK

mcclure- "since ah since barassi left" in 66.

eddie; so roosy " just again" , roll record everyone @ every news station across the country-

just for clarification so there's no ducks & drakes & things- what is your position as far as melb. is concerned? they need to come to you now & put an offer?

ROOS; i have had some dialogue with peter & he's continued to talk to me um i've said to em along the process is really difficult when u r asked all the time & i can only answer the question & ive said that a number of times, i'll answer the question when u ask me.& when i started the process 12 weeks ago u can't go fro 0% to 100 % in such a short space of time.

there's more INTEREST NOW & i've tried to be as honest as i possibly can be, i'm certainly not & the point now that i can say i will be but certainly start thinking about it u start picturing yourself doing it, what does it look like & all those things,- so where am i at is it 50- 50 ??or whatever , its probably moved from 0 % to around that 50- 50 but at some point u have got to then decide to dip the the toe in the water you have got to be serious about it u have got to be fair dinkum ..

mcclure; have u got your phone on ?? ( laughing )

dunstall; i tell u wont hear any more from ralphy anymore tonight he will be busy writing the back page story. (laughing all together )

eddie; one last one you have been really good roosy a couple of weeks ago you told us family situations probably expell u from the process of the brisb lions can i just ask u on the back of that as we just saw angus johnson.

your family situation allow u to come to melbourne easier than brisbane ???

roos; just to clarify we have discussed the move from a family point of view & it was not going to work & angus knows the reason for that..

melbourne is an option in terms of melbourne the state in moving, so.does that mean i am going to coach the melb. F.C. "NO"

but one of the things u do do when u r going through the process & u think about it logically & work out what's achievable.

obviously my family is what's important for me at the moment far above coaching or anything else i do

so is melb more of an option yes- brisb is not from a family point of view.?

eddie; so melb could be an option if things came to together.

roos; yea certainly absolutely..

eddie ; there u go i dont think we could ask anymore honesty from p roos tonight to say that..

dunstall; ( whistling )

eddie; i think they have sung "the grand ole flag once" this year melb all ove raustralia melb fans r singing it as we speak i reckon.

ralphy, what more have u got it doesn't matter i think we have got the front & back page lead here tonight.

ralphy: all of a sudden the dark clouds have parted @ melb.

eddie; the mail from sportsbet is that roos has been wound into a $1.40 ( roos laughing )

with the afl now funding melb. really they have got to back the truck up & get roos.

roos; u do have to be committed to it its - money is the result of actually doing but u cant just do it for money, we have seen that in the past u have to get your mind across actually doing it.

mcclure; i think we r all glad that u r thinking about it.-thats seriously is the point.( roos nods )

going to the war room .

king & lynch;; wer all boring but- mike sheahan is up and about singing the theme song.

Good effort f but u do know the TV link has been posted a page or so ago!!

To your credit you got it basically word or word.

• Like 1

It's been such a dispiriting season that I feel surely some good has to come our way. Hopefully this is the start of a change in fortune for all aspects of the club. Let's get the draft right this time. You would think that if he were to come on board we would look to hard bodied, take no prisoners types.

Wouldn't be surprised if the retiring Jude Bolton came our way in some capacity. Good coaches attract good people.

• Like 1

Im reading that article in a a whole new light now

feels good

A Chook wakes very early has a scratch and a look around then yells out very loud " Go DEES""

What's the go with Roos' wife? She's an American bird originally is she not? She seems to have an important say in all of this which is fair enough, they don't need the cash so it's a significant lifestyle move to go from relaxed work back into 80 hours a week and plenty of interstate travel.

But they've ruled out Brisbane equivocally. Is there more to the story re: Mrs Roos? Is there a reason she is so keen to stay in Sydney or maybe relocate to Melbourne of pushed? Maybe PJ keeps working on Paul but he also gets Mrs Jackson (if there is one) to have a chat Mrs Roos.

I honestly think it's a done deal now. I've been very skeptic through this whole saga, but not now.

Can't wait to open the Peter Jackson Appreciation Thread. What a man

This thread is moving faster than I can read.

It will happen even more Steve by that I mean if he takes the job we will be ecstatic and the pages will flow AND if we doesn't take the job we will all be filthy and the pages will flow.

Keep readin

Screw it, going to the pub and starting the celebrations!

I've just come in from an arvo on the p155 and hoping this all isn't part of a drunken dream and I wake up tomorrow to hear we have signed the dynamic du of drum & rohde

• Like 3