WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Some on this board suggest their is a rumored ticket with Eade to coach and Ling to I assume assistant coach.

This would be amazing if true, Cameron Ling is the real deal, he knows what it takes.

Ling really knows his stuff and he has been a part of a club that was in dire straights - yet rose to become one of the more successful sides of recent times.

Brisbane are further back than us now, their board is a shambles, Roos won't consider them anytime soon.

In the meantime, if we can manage to get Geoff Walsh or a quality football manager, then Roos will jump aboard.

Not a chance that the MFC is a better prospect then Brisbane, the playing group alone would get you over the line. The only thing going for the MFC at the moment is the greatest challenge in football and that the AFL is involved. We're the epitome of incompetence at the moment.

Brisbane are further back than us now, their board is a shambles, Roos won't consider them anytime soon.

In the meantime, if we can manage to get Geoff Walsh or a quality football manager, then Roos will jump aboard.

Surely you jest the lions have a decent playing list, they have had some good victories this year including beating us twice, they have won nine games and could easily win eleven.

Compare that to the MFC and you will notice they are so far in front of us that they cannot hear the band.

Why would Roos suddenly jump on board?

id rather coach mfc than the lions based on our key positions prospects, very strong spine and jack viney

Df26 I think your love of the dees is affecting your judgement.

The lions list is a mile better than ours.

Have you looked at the scores in 2013?

id rather coach mfc than the lions based on our key positions prospects, very strong spine and jack viney

Midfielders get it from one end of the spine to the other.

And Viney and Jones vs Redden, Rich, Polec, Rockliff, Zorko, Hanley, Mayes, and I don't want to do this anymore.

• Like 1

Midfielders get it from one end of the spine to the other.

And Viney and Jones vs Redden, Rich, Polec, Rockliff, Zorko, Hanley, Mayes, and I don't want to do this anymore.

You don't have to rpfc.

Case proven beyond doubt.

Df26 I think your love of the dees is affecting your judgement.

The lions list is a mile better than ours.

Have you looked at the scores in 2013?

Yeah i see your point but Frawley Mcdonald and Garland are very handy key defenders, our forward line of Howe, Dawes, Clark and Hogan will be top 8 quality as soon as next year, and Kent, Viney, Toumpas, Trengove, Jones, Grimes and co will get better with another pre season and so on, i feel as though we have the core of a good side buliding

Brisbane have what will be one of the better midfields in the comp for a long time, but they don't have anything like the key position prospects we do.

Obviously a bias opinion but i feel as though the right coach next year will give us the opportunity to see how good our list really is.

I could take this sardonic aside with more humour if it weren't for the fact that the last coach the club hired put many players offside and worried supporters to the point where threads were started based on the fear that players were wavering in their comittment to stay at the club.

Now we have a player that is wavering in his comittment to stay and he is the target of much mirth and dismissive ridicule and rage.

So make the joke, but in reality - it's on us.

joking about the mess we are in, stops me from crying

• Like 1

Yeah i see your point but Frawley Mcdonald and Garland are very handy key defenders, our forward line of Howe, Dawes, Clark and Hogan will be top 8 quality as soon as next year, and Kent, Viney, Toumpas, Trengove, Jones, Grimes and co will get better with another pre season and so on, i feel as though we have the core of a good side buliding

Brisbane have what will be one of the better midfields in the comp for a long time, but they don't have anything like the key position prospects we do.

Obviously a bias opinion but i feel as though the right coach next year will give us the opportunity to see how good our list really is.

Where we disagree Df26 is I do not believe we need to wait for a new coach.

We already know that half the list is not AFL standard, Take out 3 -4 kids in their infancy and that does not leave many.

Where we disagree Df26 is I do not believe we need to wait for a new coach.

We already know that half the list is not AFL standard, Take out 3 -4 kids in their infancy and that does not leave many.,

This i agree with, we probably have 15-20 players who would make it onto another list, but it's really difficult to judge alot of our young players because of the lack of leadership and support around the place, they have really become victims of the clubs terrible management, another ten or more list changes and the list should start to turn though.

here's hoping anyway.

my point is more so that they would trade any of the before mentioned mids, possibly two of them if we offered up Jesse Hogan, that's how valuable our key position stocks are, mids are great but key power forwards and key backs are worth their weight in gold and we have great stocks in boths those area's

Edited by Demonfan26

Some on this board suggest their is a rumored ticket with Eade to coach and Ling to I assume assistant coach.

This would be amazing if true, Cameron Ling is the real deal, he knows what it takes.

Ling really knows his stuff and he has been a part of a club that was in dire straights - yet rose to become one of the more successful sides of recent times.

I don't know why people make these statements about coaches based on nothing. Yeah OK he was a good player with a good attitude, we have absolutely zero idea what sort of assistant coach he might be

• Like 1

I don't know why people make these statements about coaches based on nothing. Yeah OK he was a good player with a good attitude, we have absolutely zero idea what sort of assistant coach he might be

He has been involved in mentoring and so on and has been asked by several younger lists to give talks about building a culture, about team success over individual success and all of that sort of thing, he knows what it takes to be successful as a team from a position where it doesn't seem possible so we would be more hiring him based on that experience than his actual coaching credentials,

Which is fine providing we have some very good coaches around him to team him.

He has been involved in mentoring and so on and has been asked by several younger lists to give talks about building a culture, about team success over individual success and all of that sort of thing, he knows what it takes to be successful as a team from a position where it doesn't seem possible so we would be more hiring him based on that experience than his actual coaching credentials,

Which is fine providing we have some very good coaches around him to team him.

I don't buy it

On paper there should have been success from Hird, Voss and even Neeld and they have all failed.

All that other stuff is circumstantial

I get cigarettes and alcohol from their lunchbox.

Saves me a fortune.

your a tax cheat then?

LOL re: Jack Watts

We should pick the coach that best suits us, not Jack Watts.

If he's scared of Chocco, he probably should retire from AFL. Can only imagine what his life would be like under Clarkson, Malthouse, the Scott brothers etc...

Oh dear.

I reckon we should get Choco and bring in Laidley as an assistant. That'd put the fear of God into them, quicksticks.

• Like 1