Beamer shows a bit of class....

Nathan Jones is 100 x the man Brent Moloney will ever be.

Yes. Tally ho and all that. Much better to have a ripping chap than one of those boisterous footy types running around out there. I say I say.

Let's hope we pick up some more nice young lads this year and avoid any unsavoury types like that Dustin Martin ruffian.

Oh FFS.

Weakest excuse and attempt at reasonging I've ever heard.

Down by 52 points not enough to say the "game gets tough"?

Ridiculous post.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us all how many times in the past Moloney has done this? Every player is entitled to the odd game where they perform out of their skin...unfortunately most cannot do so consistently, with Moloney being a case in point.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us all how many times in the past Moloney has done this? Every player is entitled to the odd game where they perform out of their skin...unfortunately most cannot do so consistently, with Moloney being a case in point.

That wasn't the argument though.

The argument was "the adrenaline was up" and "the game wasn't tough". Ridiculous. being down by 9 goals is pretty tough I would have thought?!

I'm not saying he's a consistent superstar, but to not give him any credit for that game is just stupidity.

• Like 1

He's had some great gamers in the past, had a really good one today, and will again in the future. He's a good ordinary footballer - as Dyer used to say.

He's gone now, so he's just an opposition player.

The inability of some people to move on is mind boggling. I seriously hope none of you are ever jilted.

• Like 1

Oh FFS.

Weakest excuse and attempt at reasonging I've ever heard.

Down by 52 points not enough to say the "game gets tough"?

Ridiculous post.

Talk sense mate, I think a game is tough when it's not free flowing. I've seen Moloney do this against Geelong in the past at the 'G' quite a few years back. It's when the opposition are applying pressure, and Geelong with their scored against record this year haven't been doing this, that Moloney has a history of going missing. No one tagging him and allowed to run free with a big ruckman dominating and Simon Black breaking the ball free, this type of game is made for Moloney. It doesn't mean I want him at the MFC, I don't.

Having said that credit where credit is due, I thought he played a great last quarter and his enthusiasm and running was a catalyst for the win.

And I was saying he was wrong the players didn't vote out green davey Beamer and rivers from the leadership group especially as all those players were votes in the year before

Yeah, yeah, fair enough. but to change the culture from a pizzweak one, you Have to change the leadership to start with, to do nothing is to get the same old same old...

People mistake making finals, with everything being good. It isn't. and it can mask all sorts of underlying problems that live within.

.... like not chasing, & no defensive ability, no hard ball ability..

playing free running ahead of the ball footy is fine, when you have plenty of the ball to use, Until you come up against a Topline Team, who pressures & removes the ball from you.

But Neeld was working to a 3 yr,,,, to get us to be totally competative, with No players wagging the team, & the club, as has been the case at Melbourne...

... this involved removing those who would sabotage the ability of making the Team, what it should have been... And those, who wanted to leave as they would not be a part of the next Finals campaign, after those 3 yrs....... top 4, that would have been further away, again.

this is, what I'm saying. We don't really know, how his plan would look, as we did not allow it to take shape... all we saw was the step back after the first list chop,,, & the results of the short term loss of experience. Even if that footy experience was NQR. It still was experience, & the loss hurt us, Re all our expectations...

... the timing of this plan was the downfall of it.. It should have been done simultaneously with our initial Youth list rebuild... we cut the wrong players back then. we cut the honest players, & not the flashy ones. & we recruited more flashy types.

I don't think anyone can say that I have ever bagged out any of our players.

So called supporters who cowardly bag out players, especially club champions from our club like green davey and moloney, such be bannished, because it is these so called supporters who create the toxic culture.

If I was on the board, I would have zero tolerance for these supporters almost regarding them as vermin.

I call a spade a spade, and it still makes me sick how supporters can bag out club champions. Go support the filth will ya, we don't need people like you in our stands.

theres the attitude of why we as a club is all tip & no Iceberg when it comes to our supporter base, & then our lowly membership numbers... not to mention why the tail wags the dog around the red & blue.

Yes. Tally ho and all that. Much better to have a ripping chap than one of those boisterous footy types running around out there. I say I say.

Let's hope we pick up some more nice young lads this year and avoid any unsavoury types like that Dustin Martin ruffian.

So Jones isn't a 'boisterous footy type'?

Moloney is an average player. Yesterday he played well. He also played well against us. He's also been a nothing influence in many other Brisbane games.

Nothing to write home about. You didn't like it. So be it. Move on.

Jones works hard every week.

Moloney chooses to work when it suits him. That was proven last year.

Ever worked for a boss you didn't like Stuie??

I have. It wasn't easy but i worked my way through it. I am still employed in the same job. He has long since moved on.

So Jones isn't a 'boisterous footy type'?

Moloney is an average player. Yesterday he played well. He also played well against us. He's also been a nothing influence in many other Brisbane games.

Nothing to write home about. You didn't like it. So be it. Move on.

Was being a bit facetious. Not saying we should have kept Moloney, just highlighting our "nice lad" drafting policy in recent times.

Was being a bit facetious. Not saying we should have kept Moloney, just highlighting our "nice lad" drafting policy in recent times.

Yep not a choir boy so he had to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, yeah, fair enough. but to change the culture from a pizzweak one, you Have to change the leadership to start with, to do nothing is to get the same old same old...

People mistake making finals, with everything being good. It isn't. and it can mask all sorts of underlying problems that live within.

.... like not chasing, & no defensive ability, no hard ball ability..

playing free running ahead of the ball footy is fine, when you have plenty of the ball to use, Until you come up against a Topline Team, who pressures & removes the ball from you.

But Neeld was working to a 3 yr,,,, to get us to be totally competative, with No players wagging the team, & the club, as has been the case at Melbourne...

... this involved removing those who would sabotage the ability of making the Team, what it should have been... And those, who wanted to leave as they would not be a part of the next Finals campaign, after those 3 yrs....... top 4, that would have been further away, again.

this is, what I'm saying. We don't really know, how his plan would look, as we did not allow it to take shape... all we saw was the step back after the first list chop,,, & the results of the short term loss of experience. Even if that footy experience was NQR. It still was experience, & the loss hurt us, Re all our expectations...

... the timing of this plan was the downfall of it.. It should have been done simultaneously with our initial Youth list rebuild... we cut the wrong players back then. we cut the honest players, & not the flashy ones. & we recruited more flashy types.

Great post - sums our position up nicely.

Moloney out injured with a calf and could miss 2-3 weeks.

I don't know about you but I'd be delighted if he missed the Darwin game in 2 weeks' time.

I couldn't handle him getting two BOG's in the same year against us.

Don't reckon he's up to it.

Probably used up his quota of decent games so far this year.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone can say that I have ever bagged out any of our players.

So called supporters who cowardly bag out players, especially club champions from our club like green davey and moloney, such be bannished, because it is these so called supporters who create the toxic culture.

If I was on the board, I would have zero tolerance for these supporters almost regarding them as vermin.

I call a spade a spade, and it still makes me sick how supporters can bag out club champions. Go support the filth will ya, we don't need people like you in our stands.

hypocracy of the highest order.

Zero tolerance for anyone bagging players but you have unmercifully sunk the boot into the coach ( now ex coach) - please tell me how it is different bagging the coach to bagging a player ?

So you also understand the difference - Moloney was not sacked by Neeld - he may not have been wanted but was afforded the opportunity to look elsewhere and he took an opportunity at Brisbane. Neeld on the other hand was sacked and may or may not get employment elsewhere - to show such lack of respect for someone who has just lost their job is poor form. To draw a simple analogy, how would you have reacted if Neeld tweeted straight after Brent was traded to Brisbane " good riddance to bad rubbish ?".

This has nothing to do with how Moloney performed for our club - this has to do with a player showing a lack of class and maturity and taking delight at the demise of another person.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 3