Beamer shows a bit of class....

He needed to move on, but this is just being an emotional little jilted girl.

i beg your pardon??

What was his salary last year?? Whilst he effectively was on "strike" last year??

The guy is a dead set pr!ck & you will not change my stance stuie.

Moloney was always overrated

Even the season he got 18 brownlow votes and the Bluey, he played 7 very good games and 15 average-crap ones

Flat track bully

total agreement. He decided whether he would play wellor not. It was almost predictable.

i beg your pardon??

What was his salary last year?? Whilst he effectively was on "strike" last year??

The guy is a dead set pr!ck & you will not change my stance stuie.

I know I won't change your stance. Just think some here need to step back and stop getting so emotional over this. He was a good player for us, tried his best for the most part and got what he could out of his abilities, tried to be a leader, it didn't all work out, then he didn't click with a coach who turned out to be one of the worst of all time and got kicked out because of it. I say it's fair all round. He's not a champion of the club, but to say he's "never welcome back" just comes across as immature.

Edited by stuie

I know I won't change your stance. Just think some here need to step back and stop getting so emotional over this. He was a good player for us, tried his best for the most part and got what he could out of his abilities, tried to be a leader, it didn't all work out, then he didn't click with a coach who turned out to be one of the worst of all time and got kicked out because of it. I say it's fair all round. He's not a champion of the club, but to say he's "never welcome back" just comes across as immature.

You over rate him grossly and it is not me who is immature.

I have worked hard for many bosses whom i didn't like. It is them who paid my wage.

• Like 1

You over rate him grossly and it is not me who is immature.

I have worked hard for many bosses whom i didn't like. It is them who paid my wage.

I said he's not a champion of the club but for the most part was a good player. You think that's "grossly over rating" him? Come on mate, take some emotion out of it and be realistic.

He didn't "click" with the coach because he didn't do what he was told.

Obviously you are still at school Stuie, or you are unemployed, because if you were working, you would understand that if you did that to any boss you would get the arse.

He didn't "click" with the coach because he didn't do what he was told.

Obviously you are still at school Stuie, or you are unemployed, because if you were working, you would understand that if you did that to any boss you would get the arse.

He did get the arse... Seriously guys, calm down, take a step back, look at it logically. It's not all as big a deal as you're wanting it to be.

I would have thought make a consistent effort on the field or a top 10 finish in the Lions B&F would have made more of statement to Neeld, rather than a crass public 'kicking him while his down' picture on social media.

Says more about Beamer than it does about MN in this case.

He did get the arse... Seriously guys, calm down, take a step back, look at it logically. It's not all as big a deal as you're wanting it to be.

i am sure Jonesy enjoyed Beamer on "strike" last year.

Pity Neeld didn't boot him out earlier.

I never rated him.

Far too inconsistent for that.

I said he's not a champion of the club but for the most part was a good player. You think that's "grossly over rating" him? Come on mate, take some emotion out of it and be realistic.

Last time I checked, if you win a Bluey, your a club Champion.

Maloney, just another in a long line of petulant flogs to try and wag the dog at this club.Hope this will now end along with the ego driven infighting and undermining at board level.

Such a shame hard working,loyal people have been represented by this mentality for so long.

Last time I checked, if you win a Bluey, your a club Champion.

David teague won a best and fairest at carlton? Do you honestly think carlton would have him up there as a true club champion...

David teague won a best and fairest at carlton? Do you honestly think carlton would have him up there as a true club champion...

Club champion is club champion, how else can I put it?

It's great the way we treat our club champions, it really encourages loyalty from our players?

Going one step further, I think every 10 year player of the MFC, should never be forced to retire or leave, they should bow out when they believe they are ready. If that results in a player playing in the twos as Casey at bottom wage, then so be it.

Loyalty is a two way street.

Out of interest there have been a couple of ex Melbourne people maligned on here recently, and i have read people say they aren't welcome at the club.

Cameron Schwab is Melbourne supporter who made an absolute mess of his CEO role, but tried to do his job.

Brent Moloney is a Melbourne supporter who carried on like a pork chop and hurt the club with his antics on field after a number of years of service and one good year.

Both should be and will be welcome back at the club. That should also bee dependent on both of them being willing to embrace they club, admit mistakes and not being malice towards others. For some reason I don't think Beamer will ever be able to do that.

My two cents: the image is petulant, childish and exactly what most of us expected from him (apart from two or three on here). It proves he isn't a leaders boot lace. I would have liked him to remain part of pour club because he isn't a naff player, but he is certainly a bad influence and associated with poor culture.

I bet he doesn't back chat to Voss. (Although I think Voss probably isn't far above Moloney's level)

• Like 4

Out of interest there have been a couple of ex Melbourne people maligned on here recently, and i have read people say they aren't welcome at the club.

Cameron Schwab is Melbourne supporter who made an absolute mess of his CEO role, but tried to do his job.

Brent Moloney is a Melbourne supporter who carried on like a pork chop and hurt the club with his antics on field after a number of years of service and one good year.

Both should be and will be welcome back at the club. That should also bee dependent on both of them being willing to embrace they club, admit mistakes and not being malice towards others. For some reason I don't think Beamer will ever be able to do that.

My two cents: the image is petulant, childish and exactly what most of us expected from him (apart from two or three on here). It proves he isn't a leaders boot lace. I would have liked him to remain part of pour club because he isn't a naff player, but he is certainly a bad influence and associated with poor culture.

I bet he doesn't back chat to Voss. (Although I think Voss probably isn't far above Moloney's level)

I think Voss is far more intelligent than Moloney. Likening the two is a bit harsh I would've thought.

Moloney is not a champion of the club. Never was.

Bluey Adams or Robbie Flower deserve that status.

Brent Moloney is unwelcome back at the club imo

You need a cup of tea,a bex and a lie down.

The Moloney story...

Played with the club for years, sometimes well sometimes not

won a B&F,

fell out with the coach (my view is that Neeld handled this really poorly but it's irrelevant and if he'd been replaced with a decent midfielder probably wouldnt have batted an eyelid),

moved on to another club,

tore us up,

was the subject of a revisionist comment from the coach (we tried but couldn't match the Lions offer blah blah)

watched on while MFC board finally worked out that coach wasn't going to get us anywhere and sacked him

posted a pretty tame instagram message

that's it....

If you want to get upset about something take a look at the debt demolition money we've p1ssed away and our complete loss of independence as we hop on the AFL teat.

• Like 2

Club champion is club champion, how else can I put it?

It's great the way we treat our club champions, it really encourages loyalty from our players?

Going one step further, I think every 10 year player of the MFC, should never be forced to retire or leave, they should bow out when they believe they are ready. If that results in a player playing in the twos as Casey at bottom wage, then so be it.

Loyalty is a two way street.

B&F in one year or club champion as you like to call it does not make him a champion of the club. That honour is reserved for players like Robbie Flower, Robbie never won a club B&F by the way.

B&F in one year or club champion as you like to call it does not make him a champion of the club. That honour is reserved for players likeRobbie Flower, Robbie never won a club B&F by the way.

... er, I'd check the list of B&Fs if I were you.

But Robbie should have won more and he was a champion in every sense of the word including being a champion person.

Can anyone really say that about Beamer after his displays of petulance over the past couple of years?

Been waiting for one of the ex-players to let rip. Surprised Beamer chose such an inappropriate time! I can't believe Brad Green has kept his mouth shut this whole time. The guy's reputation was crucified by Neeld (and behind the scenes by Schwab).

Brad Green was a very good Melbourne man. So was Brent Moloney. So were all the jilted players. It was the CEO and COACH all along turning the place upside down and sapping the player morale. Isn't it obvious to all now?

• Like 2

I think Voss is far more intelligent than Moloney. Likening the two is a bit harsh I would've thought.

Ok maybe you're right and it's a bit harsh but Voss's night club incident after his playing days was similar. Voss is a much better leader but there is something about them that makes me think "I could imagine those two at school together, carrying on and the back of the class"!

• Like 1

... er, I'd check the list of B&Fs if I were you.

But Robbie should have won more and he was a champion in every sense of the word including being a champion person.

Can anyone really say that about Beamer after his displays of petulance over the past couple of years?

Sorry Robbie, robbed you of one....don't know where I got that one in my mind. An absolute champion of the game not only the club.

You need a cup of tea,a bex and a lie down.

The Moloney story...

Played with the club for years, sometimes well sometimes not

won a B&F,

fell out with the coach (my view is that Neeld handled this really poorly but it's irrelevant and if he'd been replaced with a decent midfielder probably wouldnt have batted an eyelid),

moved on to another club,

tore us up,

was the subject of a revisionist comment from the coach (we tried but couldn't match the Lions offer blah blah)

watched on while MFC board finally worked out that coach wasn't going to get us anywhere and sacked him

posted a pretty tame instagram message

that's it....

If you want to get upset about something take a look at the debt demolition money we've p1ssed away and our complete loss of independence as we hop on the AFL teat.

No it is Brent Moloney who needed the Bex and a lie down...he did 186 remember...

The guy did f all in 2012 for a WHOLE SEASON.

don't get me started on the debt mate!!!

Schwab is welcome at the club and so is Moloney, and I am sure that they will both be around the club in the future - be it short term or a bit longer.

We have to stop holding petty grudges.

There was no malice in the way Schwab poorly ran the FD.

There was nothing more than boorish immaturity in Moloney's Instagram image.

Garry Lyon was pushed to involve himself against the wishes and advice that he himself gave to others (let that be lesson Re: Paul Roos, Coach 2014).

Gardner and McLardy agreed to take on a difficult leadership position at a club constantly on a knife edge - do everything well you break even (and not just in finances), screw up and disaster hits.

I have personal experience of how this club likes to factionalise and hold petty grudges against other Demons who have nothing but the best interests of the club at heart.

You have to forgive and understand, welcome back, and allow as many Demons through those gates as possible.

We need every Demon we can get.

• Like 5