Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

Agree! Jeff certainly fits neither category. Subservient minion or AFL friendly.

Agree an AFL friendly President would enhance our chances of help from them. That said we also wouldn't a totally subservient minion either.

I personally don't think Jeff will run on a ticket , but Neil Mitchell. Maybe????

Jeff Kennett is a man respected for his passion and ability to achieve. Neil Mitchell is a self-opinionated Richard Cranium with a following of low-intellect rednecks!

• Like 3

Cain/Kirner crippled the state.

This is a very simple way of looking at the politics of that time BH. For a self confessed intellectually superior person, you sure do look at things in a simple way

WJ put it perfectly in another post. The Kennett bandwagon must have informed you the crap your dribbling in this thread.

• Like 1

Lot of people deriding jeff on political lines, has the support of Demetriou, could be worth a look at, thank Christ most of the posters on here have no influence on the day to day running of the club

• Like 1

Bimbo - change for the sake of change? Can you point us to the sandpit that you've had your head buried in over the last 50 years or so???? Change for the sake of change - most mindless post I've read anywhere for sometime. If ever a club was in dire need of change its the MFC. Oh Dear Bimbo, Oh Dear..........

Pleasure to provide you with a benchmark O learned one.

I am of course willing to expand on what I was trying to say in short when I initially posted and thought was reasonably clear.

I am terrified of what appears to me to be the simplistic view of so many DL posters (and others) that we must have change and the first person who puts his hand up must be the very person who we so desperately need.

I would far rather canvas options. Have input from the new CEO. Not just hail the first very large mouth who is willing to put himself up for the job as the very thing needed.

I personally do not believe that Mr. Kennett is the great saviour and short term fix so many are desperately searching for. I say this because for among other reasons:

• His lack of political judgement in losing an election even more "unloseable" than that famously lost by John Hewson years before.
  • He managed to do this in large part by his devisive and self centered view that he is the only person to whom questions of policy must be made. It is this lack of inclusiveness that I fear is not for our club.
  • He has said Melbourne should merge
  • He has said Melbourne should locate
  • As President of a football club he has critisized his own coach
  • As indicated on this forum he is a divisive character and now is not the time to put such a person in this position

He does have benefits of course including:

• He is a noise
  • He expresses himself openly and would receive airplay and publicity for the club
  • He has contacts with the "big end" of town and may bring in some money.

Having said that, this is not an option I would leap at. Just because change is vital and will come, it need not be the first option that is taken and unless the club gets important decisions such as this right, its future will not even last the limited years I am further allotted on this planet.

I will look but would not be surprised if he is not present on Monday

• Like 2

How many games have the Hawks lost since those highly destructive comments?

funny really ...very few it seems understood how it was a virtual "kick up the rear" The hawks were gettting sloppy...they arent now. Yep..he buggered that up :unsure:

Lot of people deriding jeff on political lines, has the support of Demetriou, could be worth a look at, thank Christ most of the posters on here have no influence on the day to day running of the club

You mean the Demetriou who fined us for something he doesn't believe exists :)

funny really ...very few it seems understood how it was a virtual "kick up the rear" The hawks were gettting sloppy...they arent now. Yep..he buggered that up :unsure:

He wasn't President so he could say what he liked. When he was President the Hawks under performed.

• Like 1

This post is offensive.

It's time you put your personal dislike of Jeffs political views aside for the good of the club. Football is big business, you must understand that if you can't compete off the field you will not be able to compete, have regular success on the field. At its most basic this is why the MFC has failed for 50 years.

Jeff would be a godsend to this club. It does not matter that he is a hawthorn supporter just as it makes no difference that Juddy and Buddy were once Melbourne members. Get over yourself and support your club.

Unfortunately his political views are relevant, just because of the polarising impact they have. I do think he possesses some attributes and skills that would be very desirable for us to have in our president, but he also has more than a few traits that could be very harmful. Not to mention the baggage attached to his previous comments about the club and of course his public life.

You mean the Demetriou who fined us for something he doesn't believe exists :)

Yeah that one but I'm sure he knows it exists.

a flag and 50k members

that sure is some under performing right there

Was expecting someone to post this, but I'm sure you would agree with pretty much all the football world with the list they have they should have more than one flag with this group.

The membership numbers have more to do with Dicker's hard work built on the back of the successful teams of the 70's & 80's.

Yeah that one but I'm sure he knows it exists.

I'm sure he does, but it does indicate that he is a bit liberal with the truth. Personally I think a bit of beating bushes is going on to find some alternative leaders at the club. Surely the AFL, for all that he does have some traits skills etc that could help us, realise how divisive he could end up being.

Was expecting someone to post this, but I'm sure you would agree with pretty much all the football world with the list they have they should have more than one flag with this group.

The membership numbers have more to do with Dicker's hard work built on the back of the successful teams of the 70's & 80's.

That was part of the reason for the tension between Clarkson and himself I would imagine, although they are both strong personalities so some butting of heads would have been inevitable. Pelchen probably should cop a bit of a whack as well. He certainly was given a nice foundation by the recruiters before him, but rolled the dice on few high draft picks with injury and character concerns. Two pick sixes down the tubes etc etc despite some successes.

He wasn't President so he could say what he liked. When he was President the Hawks under performed.

The point is he is a man not without influence . Until otherwise engaged he is a Hawker. He spoke as one.

I wouldnt mind underperforming like them , as uou would have it.We dont even perform, just underwhelm !!

• Like 1

I think the actions of his club when he was President went against what Beyond Blue represents so I'm not so sure about his real commitment.

If Jeff was at Melbourne we would be beyond blue and in the red

The most divisive man in Victoria. Maybe competent, maybe influential, certainly a loose cannon. Absolutely divides a community. Neeld has already done that. We don't need someone to consolidate a fragmented club.

In Jeffs case, its all about Kennett. Have never known him to be a figure who unites. Our club is powerful in its own potential, at the moment we just need someone who we can all follow as one. Unity is our best course of action.

Peter Jackson already has us all trusting and following. There are other very competent people out there who can do the same.

Edited by Harrisonrules
  • Like 1

You know the club is on it's knees when people start grasping at straws like Jeff Kennett as a way forward.

What's he like in the midfield?

• Like 1

Let's have the show run by Kennett and the Ox. Or hell, save four years and close up shop now. Same result.

Seriously, a loudmouth who was a routine embarrassment to Hawthorn and made NO significant strategic decisions while opening the door for a cultural arrogance that has probably cost the Hawks one extra premiership and is only now being washed out again.

And a loudmouth, who in his defence, is merely a naive loudmouth who accidentally keeps finding himself in front of microphones.

• Like 3

It was interesting hearing Dermott speak as a board member under Jeff on SEN earlier tonight.

Said he really liked working with him.

He did get stuff done.

But he made the point that Ian Dicker set it all up.

Kennett was good at increasing a system that was in place.

He didn't say Jeff would be bad for the MFC, but that some people would get burnt.

Interesting to hear a POV from inside the Boardroom.

kennet the president of mfc, if that happens, the club is a joke. we will be laughed out of existence.

I cant even belive people are debating this.

talk about [censored] supporters.

The club is already a joke at the moment

• Like 1