Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

If that to Western Australia he has my vote!

But seriously Melbourne belongs in Melbourne!

Jeff has no passion for Melbourne whatsoever. Loves the publicity and without hesitation merge the club or a move interstate. Wake up!!

In all honesty I doubt this has legs, but let's face it, we've had a lot of "passionate" people on our Board, but it hasn't counted for much, has it ?

And in the main, most Board members I've come across haven't had the footy acumen of many on here.

Jeff as president would also be very divisive, have his own views and stick to them regardless. Give interim CEO Peter Jackson the time to clean up the mess without interference,

Haha

The concept might have merit but more detail required. Agree , let's see who else is on the ticket. He seems sincere and at least has put his hand up to have a crack. We all get a vote.

To reiterate a point - if the ticket was a combination of people who would not sell out the club to a merger and allowed jeff a mandate for accountability and governance I think the idea sounds ok... Jeff didn't ruin Hawthorn - quite the opposite.

Apparently Beyond Blue asked him to do it because there were too many MFC supporters bothering them?

Kennet would sell the gym and the Bentliegh club and call it revenue!

Ace!

• Like 3

I for one would think it an absolute disgrace if Jeff Kennett came anywhere near our club.

Jeff is absolutely delusional if he thinks he will have the support from our members, considering how disrespectful he has been toward Melbourne over the last 5 years (don't even get me started on the merger suggestions after everything we have all learnt about mergers).

His words this year about Clarkson were completely inappropriate and extremely destructive. He runs around screaming and runs over everyone on the way through. Hawthorns success can be credited to a lot of people other than Kennett (Dicker, Clarkson, Fagan, Fox etc). "Hawthorn have a mental edge over Geelong" - he is a loud mouth dictator who puts his foot in it.

He is a divisive and abrasive person and that is exactly what we don't need at Melbourne right now. We can't afford to have someone come in and offend the employees and players.

I don't care what he did as Premier or at Hawthorn. Hawthorn was in a completely different position than Melbourne at the time of his presidency.

It would be an unmitigated disaster.

Exactly why we need to get him...I believe in Jeff

• Like 1

I haven't read all this thread, but if Kennett joins the club in any capacity whatsoever, I'll simply follow local footy. The guy has always been a clown, but in recent years he's become a poor parody of a clown.

Whatever you think of him, he has a very good track record of success. Something the MFC sadly does not.

Love him or hate him....

Very strong leader!

Would fight tooth & nail for the footy club across all levels!

Create strong culture and dosent want houndouts rather build on self reliance!

Would never put up with tanking culture!

Club needs a change.....

A quick poll of my Melbourne member friends. Not one was against the idea of Jeff becoming President.

I believe that if Jeff announced a ticket and forced a EGM he would win.

I call on Jeff to do just that. A support group will be quickly mobilised.

Same here man.

Asked my MFC member friends and they are all supportive of Kennett led ticket.

I reckon he would comfortably win the vote.

Sample size?

• Like 1

Whatever you think of him, he has a very good track record of success. Something the MFC sadly does not.

Really? How many teachers and police did he sack? How many schools dd he close? He lost the unlosable election to Bracks against all odds. The state took years to recover from his mismanagement.

But beyond his political incompetence, he was nothing but a buffoon as head of Hawthorn.

And have you forgotten about his calls for Melbourne to merge or go to the Gold Coast? He would be a disaster for the club and has as much chance of you and me of getting a gig with the Demons.

Really? How many teachers and police did he sack? How many schools dd he close? He lost the unlosable election to Bracks against all odds. The state took years to recover from his mismanagement.

But beyond his political incompetence, he was nothing but a buffoon as head of Hawthorn.

And have you forgotten about his calls for Melbourne to merge or go to the Gold Coast? He would be a disaster for the club and has as much chance of you and me of getting a gig with the Demons.

Take your blinkers off blinky!

I can't believe we are seriously talking about this. As a number of other posters, as well as our President, have mentioned he suggested that we merge or move interstate. At the very least he is anti-Melbourne. Lets pick people who really don't have the Clubs best interest at heart. We may as well propose a 3 way President ticket of Caroline Wilson-Jon Pierik-Gerard Healey

And what's worse he would wear a god awful, hand made blue and red jacket to games

Apologies if others have expressed similar sentiments. Have only read the last couple of pages

A president of a club that all football experts believed under performed with the list they had. One premiership (yes I know we would love just one but it's not the point) with that list is very questionable.

Yes. Richard Colless has been President of Sydney for nearly 20 years and seen two flags. He was the inaugural President at West Coast.

Finally, someone has brought him up.... I've been waiting for weeks to see his name on here...

Im not really sure about this one.

This board doesn't inspire. the club really needs to remind people that this club has won 12 premierships and was a powerhouse.

The club has always had some strange administrations - the ones that sacked Norm (there was crying in the streets); the ones that told Hassa that they thought he was no good anymore so could leave; the one that moved us towards merger combined with a majority of members;

Melbourne needs an Eddie Maguire - love him or hate him he doesn't take any crap and he vigorously supports the clubs position in all things. For years every member of the football media fraternity has taken constant pot shots at MFC - listen to Venom tomorrow morning and we will be a rabble and a joke. I have always defended the club but sometimes your belief wavers in the administration and the footy department - our development of players has been a joke afterall.

Providing I was certain that this new ticket had our bests interests at heart - was manned by diehard demons that wouldn't let Jeff go off on weird tangents and allowed Jeff to concentrate on accountability and governance - two areas where we have struggled it seems - then I don't think im against the prospect potentially.

Don is a nice guy there is no doubt but he comes across as a bit laid back or stressed.

all you people thinking one person (like Diamond Jim Tilbrook coming over),,, on the same boards,,, cast in the same way as the past 40 something years, got no idea.... its not one Ego head we need... it's a change of attitude the club needs.

I'd love to have a Frank Costa.... & he's Not an egg head.

Its not the board or the president we need... We need to get the board & admin Away from the MCG,,, & only play our Home Games there.. its the Ego satisfying of the 'G', that gets us the wrong types... & the lacking of 'footy fierceness', that we need as a Club.

Edited by dee-luded

all you people thinking one person,,, on the same boards,,, cast in the same way as the past 40 something years, got no idea.... its not an Ego head we need...

I'd love to have a Frank Costa.

Its not the board or the president we need... We need to get the board & admin Away from the MCG,,, & only play our Home Games there.. its the Ego satisfying of the 'G', that gets us the wrong types... & the lacking of 'footy fierceness', that we need as a Club.

Still dreaming of Elsternwick DL....??

i live 5 minutes from there....it won't happen...there is no parking, it's on a highway...nobody stops...

Truly. i go past that pub every day for work...it's dead.

Please keep your politics out of this. I expect many of the 'leftists' you see all about you would prefer Stockdale to Kennett even though Stockdale is more of a silvertail than Kennett. Why? Because he is a successful man who supports the Demons and hasn't called for our merger with North within the last 13 months.

Kennett may be the dynamo to save us as some here argue, but I still say, why take the risk of trusting him. If there is any doubt, find someone else with the right skills, eg Stockdale perhaps, though I expect there are plenty out there we just don't know about. We didn't know the names of president's of many top sides before they took the job. So the MFC may have similar potential presidents in the wings.

Where are they? This club is flailing at the moment and I haven't heard a peep from any Melbourne people willing to take on the job. I'm not necessarily for Kennett but in the absence of any other candidates he would be a much better bet than what we have currently.

So many red raggers in Victoria.

Clueless.

I think I prefer your short bursts of idiocy to the longer ones. So thank you. I think you can go even shorter with your next post I.e pinko, commo scum.

• Like 3