Ox says Neeld must go, McLardy too

stuie

http://sen.sportal.com.au/site/_content/audio/00008183-source.mp3

Ox's comments here make a lot more sense than his article. Except they are wrong about a win and further wins for the rest of the season being a band aid. It would be a monumental surgery and a great recovery!

Certainly paying for a review and failing to implement it (yet alone make it public) is just stupidity in the highest order.

Also he's been reading demonland it sounds like!

the Ox is honest and on the money.

It is all there. The Andrews Report shelved.

Was it to honest to those inside?

• Like 2

Clearly the club already had a terrible history of recruitment, probably more so in development of players (yes Gysberts is still skinny circa 2011) and lax training according to current thought in media. Dermie often tells of opinions offered by Melb Storm players about our 'recoveries' etc.

But we have gone way backwards which either means our list was over performing and is now balancing out as being shizen, or the players confidence is shot from being baked a little too hard early on? Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards but remember Neeld was 'surprised' by our loss to Port - even though we had three debuts in our midfield and one inside mid named for the game...

Supports have gone cold of Neeld - fairly or unfairly. And without any sign of significant improvement this year the supports have had a gut full because of the culmination of many things. If the players have as well then its a worrying situation for many reasons. Players not resigning = players not offering a vote of confidence in something.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

I guess the way I look at it is - if this was Clarkson's first 18 months at hawthorn what would have happened?

Hawthorn were pretty ordinary back then yes, but the MFC have been much worse

Getting rid of picks 11-12 is just shocking recruiting when it was critical we got guns..

Your point being????

The state of the MFC at present is disgusting. Are you trying to debate that?

I turn 50 on Sunday and i plan to party hard, so no my life is not a black cloud.

After a 100+ defeat on monday i expect changes to begin.

I call that a huge positive. So should we all

Look after that wrist WYL, you might need it for a few years yet!

Hawthorn were pretty ordinary back then yes, but the MFC have been much worse

Getting rid of picks 11-12 is just shocking recruiting when it was critical we got guns..

Not to mention the others from pick 30 and higher. Thanks Barry!

Posts actually about me and not the topic, now what was it , no he doesn't get to us, we don't read his posts we ignore them.......

Been listening to the Ox trying to justify, still doesn't change my opinion...and stop saying he is brave or had courage, bollocks. that's what he is getting paid to do, get over it, he doesn't work at SEN or write for newspapers for nothing.,.so let's be a bit controversial, it sells more

By the way you have the birthplace of myself and Dr Who as the same, but our accents are different, so no I am not him, although he does enjoy baiting people like I do, you have to do it when you get so many bites......I have been sorely tempted to go over to the Dark Side but can't do it, negativity is so destructive...growing up in the 60's and 70's much prefer to follow the Eric Idle philosophy.... too many on here don't have the glass half full or half empty it's smashed

Jazza was out on the seconds by the way

and as for taste in music

Jazz - Sun Ra, Roland Kirk, metal - any of the European Symphonic metal bands like Nightwish or Epica, bit of Rammstein, and Mudhoney, Can for rock, classical can't go past Greig, and any interesting electronic like DAF, Underworld

And WYL saw the Stones quite a few times in their prime, still the greatest live rock n roll band I have seen

Edited by Satyriconhome

A good president reflects the feeling and thoughts of his constituents. Schwartz has done just that.

The only MFC supporters I know that support neeld and the current board are a scattered few on this site.

We are pathetic, the pain must end, if a wholloping is the only thing that get the dimwitted board to act, then a wholloping it is.

I thought I had guts, the ox makes me look insipid.

Schwartz is what we need, he possesses the attitude of stynes, whatever it takes!

Just like a good politician follows short term opinion polls and kowtows to the thoughts and feelings of the unthinking masses, right?!

Great leaders lead - they don't follow. That statement is just populist schmuck.

And that's not to express any judgement on McLardy's performance at all - I'm feeling fairly agnostic about his period as President. Hasn't been great - probably hasn't been especially bad either. If anything, it's just been too bland.

• Like 2

Just like a good politician follows short term opinion polls and kowtows to the thoughts and feelings of the unthinking masses, right?!

Great leaders lead - they don't follow. That statement is just populist schmuck.

And that's not to express any judgement on McLardy's performance at all - I'm feeling fairly agnostic about his period as President. Hasn't been great - probably hasn't been especially bad either. If anything, it's just been too bland.

Ron, yes, yes and yes, my faith restored at 8.05am on a Friday morning.

Only got to get through moving [censored] from a to b and back again for 7 hours and then long weekend

Only slight difference on the blandness, I think we have been trying to not be 'contraversial', haven't really needed to be, it has been thrown at us

I say he has a conflict of interest in that his interests as a media broadcaster and commentator conflict with this supposed interests in the well being of the club. As a commentator / media personality he benefits from making controversial statements - his profile is raised and his ratings thereby improved. He could hold to the provate domain all of the opinions expressed and act on them - promoting a spill, lobbying for political support identifying candidates and supporters but it is not necessary to do that in the media - indeed it might be smarter not to do that in the media.

I take your point about leadership, what I was emphasizing is the empathy a president must have for his members, and a connection to the emotional and perceived reality of the situation so he can make relevant decisions that reflect the concensis of the members.

Edited by tonatopia

I take your point about leadership, what I was emphasizing is the empathy a president must have for his members, and a connection to the emotional and perceived reality of the situation so he can make relevant decisions that reflect the convents of the members.

I have spoken to Don quite a few times, found him willing to listen to what I have to say and tried to answer any questions I had. Perhaps it is because I ask him in a polite and controlled manner

Why would he empathize with people who just say "everything is crap, sack everybody"

• Like 1

I have spoken to Don quite a few times, found him willing to listen to what I have to say and tried to answer any questions I had. Perhaps it is because I ask him in a polite and controlled manner

Why would he empathize with people who just say "everything is crap, sack everybody"

Look at us, it's akin to a great depression. It's on his watch, he displays no strong ideas on how we are going to get out of this mess, further more, he is responsible for the now proven botched efforts of selecting our last coach, neeld.

He should read the play and offer his resignation.

You'd be one of those annoying supporters that he couldn't wait to get away from. He'd walk the opposite way when he sees you coming.

• Like 1

Look at us, it's akin to a great depression. It's on his watch, he displays no strong ideas on how we are going to get out of this mess, further more, he is responsible for the now proven botched efforts of selecting our last coach, neeld.

He should read the play and offer his resignation.

Again, the Board removed Cam Schwab, they then bring in an experienced guy in Peter Jackson to review the whole Club, novel idea wait and see what the recommendations are instead of going off half cocked........as they have been accused of doing in the past.....sort of a no win situation with the supporter base wouldn't you reckon

You'd be one of those annoying supporters that he couldn't wait to get away from. He'd walk the opposite way when he sees you coming.

Sorry not this monring, not in the mood, so back in your box, making sure you close the lid behind you

Article and radio explanation still seems like nonsense to me. I read it as saying that Peter Jackson is there and will make the right decisions for the club and should be given time. Yet he also says he hopes that bad things happen that force the club into taking action. Can't have it both ways. Either Jackson and the club make decisions, or the club is forced to take action. If he respects Jackson so much, as he claims, let him have his head, let him make decisions, don't try and force those around him into huge decisions such as sacking the coach. It's BS, fair enough that he says the board hasn't performed and that they need be replaced, and that's something for the members. But he isn't. He says that the board has got someone in to make footy decisions, and then sayin, but lets hope we get belted and no one gets to make big decisions.

Why do we nees to sack Neeld to replace him? Couldnt we just hire a "senior" head coach whose higher then neels on org structure. That way that person will be really the head coach who Neeld reports to. Tyen we wont need to sack Neeld and pay him out.

Why do we nees to sack Neeld to replace him? Couldnt we just hire a "senior" head coach whose higher then neels on org structure. That way that person will be really the head coach who Neeld reports to. Tyen we wont need to sack Neeld and pay him out.

That'll fix the FD structure!

Thinking outside the box which I've got to admire. However, a bit too disruptive and a bit unethical which would could affect our future business dealings.

Hoping melbourne loose in order to get rid of neeld is unacceptable fair dinkum

Hadn't we learnt from the tanking saga! Wanting to loose in any circumstances is clearly not on!!!

Sick of these misled vocal melbourne media identities mouthing off - some of its good but they can go too far. Looking at you garry and ox.

We need PR training for all melbourne media identities ..if they are going to persist and cross the line....ffs ...to start changing the culture and get single minded on winning and not adding to the rot.

Misguided or not... that is what neeld is focused on.

......fixing the board/coach is another issue