Selfish Mark Neeld Just Resign Already!!!!!!

Dee1987

I've touched on this before, I watched the coaches office on melbournefc.com.au this week and Robbo asked Neeld about how he is travelling in regards to all the scrutiny and Neeld said he has a contract until the end of 2014 and he bluntly said he intends to hold up his end of the deal, basically stating "I'm not Quiting and your going to have to sack me if you are to remove me as senior coach".

The guy has dug his own grave with the way he treated the leadership group and some of the other recruiting decisions he and his staff have made. Neeld would no doubt know that the Melbourne members and supporters are outraged at him with some of his decisions he has made, coupled with poor on field performances. He must also get a strong vibe that the Peter Jackson and the entire board are running out of patience with him.

When Neeld said I need 5 years to fix this I thought and sure most others thought you have made the situation 10 times worse. In 2010 and 2011 we won about 8 - 9 games a year and building. No doubt we needed extra help in areas, but now he has destroyed what foundations where in place to a point where it sets us back further. Instead he should have back a few of the senior boys and built on what we had and I highly doubt we would be in this basket case situation AGAIN!

So Mark the MFC isn't rolling in cash do the right thing pack up your office hand in your resignation, because Dees supporters and players deserve better!!

• Like 1

You are so wrong.

Mark Neeld has been busting his hump since arriving at our clapped out club, pushing [censored] uphill, dealing with a corrosive culture, a poorly resourced and unfit team...

He may not last the year, but show the guy some respect for his drive and commitment to what he set out to do for your footy club!

Sheesh!

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 16

Another sack Mark Neeld thread... gee, who woulda thunk it. Could the mods please just merge it in with the 120 "groundhog day" pages of the "Time to Go Mark Neeld" thread.

• Like 4

he did hand in his resignation

but the players in a show of strenght rushed the front office and demanded he be reinstated

i was told jw led the charge

paul roos was consulted and said stick with the bloke whos doing the hard yards

viney also threatened to resign unless neeld kept on

meanwhile back at the farm jill senses that the tractor is not running properly, mum has just seen the dog take a bite out of the apple pie, johnny home from school early then ooops sorry

Edited by jazza

Well Paul think about this

If you we're a tradesman and your boss/ foreman let 2 young Apprentices started telling you what to I'm pretty sure you would be [censored] off. I would be! I'm sure thats how the likes of Moloney, Rivers, Green, Jamar all felt about there demotion? Though they may not have been A grade players in the comp they were still ver capable players, they didn't want to play for Neeld after the way he treated them.

Moloney was a gun in 2011 won the BNF and polled exceptionally well in the Brownlow, Jamar and Frawley in 2010 were All Australians, Rivers was close as well! Now most of our players seemed to have gone backwards under Neeld! He has made some silly decisions!

I've touched on this before, I watched the coaches office on melbournefc.com.au this week and Robbo asked Neeld about how he is travelling in regards to all the scrutiny and Neeld said he has a contract until the end of 2014 and he bluntly said he intends to hold up his end of the deal, basically stating "I'm not Quiting and your going to have to sack me if you are to remove me as senior coach".

The guy has dug his own grave with the way he treated the leadership group and some of the other recruiting decisions he and his staff have made. Neeld would no doubt know that the Melbourne members and supporters are outraged at him with some of his decisions he has made, coupled with poor on field performances. He must also get a strong vibe that the Peter Jackson and the entire board are running out of patience with him.

When Neeld said I need 5 years to fix this I thought and sure most others thought you have made the situation 10 times worse. In 2010 and 2011 we won about 8 - 9 games a year and building. No doubt we needed extra help in areas, but now he has destroyed what foundations where in place to a point where it sets us back further. Instead he should have back a few of the senior boys and built on what we had and I highly doubt we would be in this basket case situation AGAIN!

So Mark the MFC isn't rolling in cash do the right thing pack up your office hand in your resignation, because Dees supporters and players deserve better!!

Caroine, will you please stop changing your nickname, it is getting harder to keep track of what topic you are in or starting......nice to see every rumour you have treated as fact

• Like 1

Well Paul think about this

If you we're a tradesman and your boss/ foreman let 2 young Apprentices started telling you what to I'm pretty sure you would be [censored] off. I would be! I'm sure thats how the likes of Moloney, Rivers, Green, Jamar all felt about there demotion? Though they may not have been A grade players in the comp they were still ver capable players, they didn't want to play for Neeld after the way he treated them.

Moloney was a gun in 2011 won the BNF and polled exceptionally well in the Brownlow, Jamar and Frawley in 2010 were All Australians, Rivers was close as well! Now most of our players seemed to have gone backwards under Neeld! He has made some silly decisions!

Gee Howe went backwards at a rate of knots last week....Rivers wanted success before he retires (this year?) Jamar was ok with it, he was asked a few times

My god, is this all true!!!??? Where did you get this information from and why haven't we heard this before??? Now I understand why you felt the need to start a new thread... because none of us have heard any of this before!! Who are you really... you must be an insider.

• Like 5

LFyp0.gif

Is that the horse or the club, MN has done long term damage to this club, unfortunately I think it's to late to repair, you guys better start following another sport in the next 5 yrs, if the AFL had any brains they would march the Hawks back to Victoria , they have 60,000 members these days, and make us play 6 home games a year in Tasmania and the rest at the G, I would gladly give 6 games a season to end up powerfully like the Hawks, in the 90s I would never have made these comments, but it's such a National competition now it doesn't matter, 13 home games at the G will be the death of this once great club.

Is that the horse or the club, MN has done long term damage to this club, unfortunately I think it's to late to repair, you guys better start following another sport in the next 5 yrs, if the AFL had any brains they would march the Hawks back to Victoria , they have 60,000 members these days, and make us play 6 home games a year in Tasmania and the rest at the G, I would gladly give 6 games a season to end up powerfully like the Hawks, in the 90s I would never have made these comments, but it's such a National competition now it doesn't matter, 13 home games at the G will be the death of this once great club.

It's the topic. We didn't need another one.

Flogging a dead horse, thought it was pretty obvious.

I assume this one will be locked at some point.

• Like 1

Im sorry, but if he really said that, does smack a bit of arrogance......be good if he turned up to training at least.

He does have a contract until the end of 2014, and if what he says about the club being happy in the cultural change aspect etc is true, and the onfield stuff is incidental, then maybe the avalanche of calls for him to go are misplaced. Who knows, it might all click magically at some point in the next few weeks.

Personal view - I don't think he will be there next year, but will coach until the last game this year. I am probably wrong though and he might be gone come the bye, miracles not withstanding.

I'm as much, if not more, for the sacking of Neeld as the next bloke, but to create a whole new thread for that initial post is as selfish as what the OP is accusing Neeld of being.

• Like 1

If he resigns he gets no pay off and walks away without any settlement.

If he gets fired he gets a full pay off and walks away with good money.

He'd be a complete dummy to resign.

I'm as much, if not more, for the sacking of Neeld as the next bloke, but to create a whole new thread for that initial post is as selfish as what the OP is accusing Neeld of being.

Here here Stuie. I think this is up there with the dumbest, harshest thread of the year.

Give the bloke a break. We sold him up the river via CS's Red & [censored] Blue Print, the Board backed the Executive instead of the playing group during the 186 affair. The Board then sought the assistance of Lyon....for a 2nd time after his first attempt (under Gardner) FAILED (according to the present Board who sacked Bailey). The present board/CS are responsible for using Lyon, yet again, to appoint another untried coach!

This started and will probably end with the present Board (and an ex CEO). If anyone should resign it is the presnt Board, not Neeld. Unfortunately there'd be no one running the club if they did lol.

Neeld is probably going to be the pattsy (unfortunately not a very good one) appointed by the INEPT ONES and you want him to resign!

At least let him see out the next 5 or 6 rounds (or so). In the end the players will determine his fate with their deeds on the ground. This club's been flailing and bouncing from one disaster to another for the last 7 years anyway. What's another 5 or 6 weeks going to matter to see if this bloke can deliver something or not. The club offered him the contract, he didn't come knocking. He'll get a nice payout if terminated early. If he resigns he gets SFA. Now that he's under no uncertain terms he's on notice, at least let him have a fair dip at it given he now knows he has much less time than first promised.

If the outcome continues to be a complete disaster then the Board (if they have any competance remaining) will act. If it's something else then many on here, including myself, might need to take a deep breath and reconsider. Highly unlikely in my view but this is a guy's career on the line in the next month or so. As PJ said, give him a bit of clear air for Lucifer's sake and stop being so bloody nasty and small minded.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

You are so wrong.

Mark Neeld has been busting his hump since arriving at our clapped out club, pushing [censored] uphill, dealing with a corrosive culture, a poorly resourced and unfit team...

He may not last the year, but show the guy some respect for his drive and commitment to what he set out to do for your footy club!

Sheesh!

stepbrothers-yep-gif.gif

If he resigns he gets no pay off and walks away without any settlement.

If he gets fired he gets a full pay off and walks away with good money.

He'd be a complete dummy to resign.

Agree. If he is not going to allowed to serve his contract then he hold be entitled to the financial benefits of the contract if terminated.

I trust the Club has learnt from their abysmal treatment of Bailey.

And FWIW while I don't rate Neeld as a coach and have not done so through his tenure, he should be terminated respectfully, civilly with the opportunity to leave the Club professionally. His coaching tenure did not work out and their should be no bitterness or malice.

I have confidence that Jackson can see to that.

• Like 1