Post Match Press Conference

dazzledavey36

oh now poor Mark, how will he feed his family on 300k a year salary plus a payout

Give me a break

How old are you mate? It's not like he sits in his office at AAMI Park like Doctor Claw, stroking Mad Cat while thinking about how he can personally upset you.

I reckon he needs to go but I actually am prepared to act like a human being about it. The bloke has put his reputation on the line and has found himself to be not up to it. That's humiliating in the extreme.

Thank god you don't live in a developing or war torn country, you then might have something to actually be upset about.

Edited by Guest

Rock, god damn it!

Guys guys, come on let's go back to the game plan... You can use paper and scissors... Now I know we have no Fing idea on how to win anything and are 5 years away but I just want to see some consistent effort in this Rock Paper Scissors contest...

How old are you mate? It's not like he sits in his office at AAMI Park like Doctor Claw, stroking Mad Cat while thinking how he can personally upset you.

I reckon he needs to go but I actually am prepared to act like a human being about it. The bloke has put his reputation on the line and has found himself to be not up to it. That's humiliating in the extreme.

Thank god you don't live in a developing or war torn country, you then might have something to actually be upset about.

Pointless post.

Neeld has more than enough money to 'feed his family'.

So dont use the financial side of things as an excuse when you know he will get a huge payout and on top of that he will still walk into a job somewhere else.

I hope he is sacked tonight.

I've been waiting for this announcement since round 5, 2012.

The Bailey, neeld appointments would have to go down as the biggest blunders in decision making in my lifetime of following MFC.

Here's hoping the announcement comes sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

Could neeldy have resigned?

God I hope so!

Pointless post.

Neeld has more than enough money to 'feed his family'.

So dont use the financial side of things as an excuse when you know he will get a huge payout and on top of that he will still walk into a job somewhere else.

I hope he is sacked tonight.

As I said in the second post, putting your reputation on the line and then finding out that you aren't up to it is pretty damn hard to take as well. For you and your family. On top of that, having to read some of the abuse directed towards you (cough, cough Demonland) is pretty bloody galling as well. Financially, you are right and he will get a payout. I will contest that he will walk into a job elsewhere as quite frankly this is a pretty bloody big stain on his resume. Bails could get a job with the Crows because at least his winning percentage was soiled by the first two years of 'list management'.

You can feel sympathy for a bloke about to walk the plank but understand and support why he is getting pushed. If you want to continue on with this black and white 'Mark Neeld is the most evil man since Fu Manchu' line then more power to you.

I would actually contest Rhino's line about him coming in with his eyes open. He SHOULD have had his eyes open but now listening to those opening diatribes up till round 1's 'not on your life' speech, it's pretty clear it was all rhetoric. They were the words of a bloke who dealt in the theoretical side of how an AFL club should be run but they were also the words of a bloke who had never done it before and had no idea what was in front of him.

Not sure why

I stopped watching at "I don't think the effort was too bad...".

Not sure why he takes a player with him to the presser either. I stopped watching too but did Chip actually add anything at all?

"We are an inexperienced young side"........."training ok"

So all is well really

:-(((

It's a tough caper Colin but I agree with much of what you said. It's conflicting.

Would love to see him pull the team together and yet I'm not sure if anybody could right now.

I stopped watching at "I don't think the effort was too bad...".

Buckled at the knees when he said that. Sounds like a coach who is scared of publicly criticising players after past experience. There is no way any of them could believe that dribble.

• Like 1

It's a tough caper Colin but I agree with much of what you said. It's conflicting.

Would love to see him pull the team together and yet I'm not sure if anybody could right now.

Even the most impartial sincere reasonable thinking person would concede this caper is beyond Neeld.

Not sure why

Not sure why he takes a player with him to the presser either. I stopped watching too but did Chip actually add anything at all?

Chip said that they are all behind neeld and that he souldn't have to cop the flack and it has to come back to the players not the coach..

I don't think he should stay on. The club DOES need to relieve him of his duties. I DON'T think he will pull it together. But I don't want to see him tarred and feathered then run out on a rail out of AAMI Park while getting covered in a shower of garbage and spit (the line about horsewhipping in the other thread was a bit of an overreaction, I was emotional at the time).

There needs to be a decision made in which hopefully Mark can leave with a modicum of self respect (the chances of that happening are nil, I know). But as I said, and this is the key part, he does need to be moved on. For the ranters on here, it's not like he is failing to personally spite you. He's failing because he is not cut out to be an AFL coach. If he could change that, he would. But he can't so therefore he moves on.

Edited by Guest