Dylan Shiel

The suns would be the go, the amount of talent up there they will be a serious contender for a few years at least imo

• Like 1

The suns would be the go, the amount of talent up there they will be a serious contender for a few years at least imo

...and I don't think they will be chasing him with serious money. They have their defence covered now and have a lot of mouths to feed to keep the team together.

Edited by rjay

...and I don't think they will be chasing him with serious money. They have their defence covered now and have a lot of mouths to feed to keep the team together.

...and they're talking of a new deal for Gazza beyond 2015. He''ll be getting a lot of the groceries.

I'm annoyed no one's started pillaging GCS yet. Given they've started their rise, I think the time has past. GWS are still open to raids though. Enter, Dylan Shiel.

Bluey McKenna is a massive fan of Chip, and while he may not get massive dollars from them he is every chance of spending the next 5 years playing regular finals which I think is what he will leave for, regular finals.

I'm annoyed no one's started pillaging GCS yet. Given they've started their rise, I think the time has past. GWS are still open to raids though. Enter, Dylan Shiel.

I think it's because their selections have either been huge successes, or just plain failures.

Plus GWS, by virtue of the mini-draft and subsequent trades, had access to more elite young talent than they could accommodate, much moreso than GCS.

I'd be very happy if we make a run at Prestia and he now sees that MFC is a viable option, but I also think GCS will want far too much for him. He's a good player, but do you want to give them JKH? Or Salem? McDonald? If they'd even be enough.

A top 10 pick alone will not get it done.

Plus, Roosy has never been the type to trade away players, mostly just picks.

Anyone know how long Prestia has on his contract?

I've a feeling he probably has another 2 or 3 years to run.

• Like 1

Young Lonegan is a good player currently not getting a run at the suns, not sure if he is injured but he would certainly be a good pickup, former top ten pick, hard tough tall inside midfielder.

• Like 1

I think it's because their selections have either been huge successes, or just plain failures.

Plus GWS, by virtue of the mini-draft and subsequent trades, had access to more elite young talent than they could accommodate, much moreso than GCS.

I'd be very happy if we make a run at Prestia and he now sees that MFC is a viable option, but I also think GCS will want far too much for him. He's a good player, but do you want to give them JKH? Or Salem? McDonald? If they'd even be enough.

My Prestia hope is nothing more than that. It's a pipe dream. I hope we land him one day, but it's not particularly likely.

• Like 2

My Prestia hope is nothing more than that. It's a pipe dream. I hope we land him one day, but it's not particularly likely.

The time was last year but he re-signed with the Suns for 3 years. Can't see him going anywhere now and I'm more than happy with Tyson who we probably wouldn't have been able to get had we gone after Prestia. Wouldn't say no if he wanted to come though and his family are coterie members of MFC.

• Like 1

maybe we can trade involving Fyfe for Pencil and an astute draft pick trade?

Errr, wut?

The draft picks you'd have to add to Jake Spencer to secure Nat Fyfe are picks 1 and 2. He's likely to be the best player in the game for the next 8 years! He's worth pick 1 and James Frawley.

• Like 1

I think the Hawks are possibly in a worse position than the Cats (past this year), they've got this year to get it done or they drop back. Too many over 30's now and they need to regenerate the list.

As Nathan Buckley can tell Chip, it's sometimes hard to pick winners.

Free agent 'hogan', there is nothing to get done.

not so sure about the Hawks, their lists may be similar, but I'm not sensing that the Hawks are tired or stale.

the Cats look tired, the senior team, although their hanging on near the top to this point?

just an observation, it may turn around. or they may have to speed up the transition to youth. but the cats guns are getting caught out a lot more than normal.

Prestia is my main hope to get ahead of any others, fyfe or gaff or parker.

he is a dynamo around the packs built into a mighty mouse body. his agility & strength would fit perfectly into our mids.

I would be happy enough, if we happened to get Prestia; but lost Frawley.

Is Shiel out of contract this year? He looked very good last year and seemed to have stepped up again in the NAB Challenge games this year before losing his spot due to injury. He is a hard at it mid with a bit of mongrel who can find the goals, if he's available I'd be interested in discussing his value with GWS.

• Like 1

Is Shiel out of contract this year? He looked very good last year and seemed to have stepped up again in the NAB Challenge games this year before losing his spot due to injury. He is a hard at it mid with a bit of mongrel who can find the goals, if he's available I'd be interested in discussing his value with GWS.

In a NAB cup game earlier this year he kicked a couple of goals from outside 50 and I thought he was going to do a lap of honour, he seemed to be pretty pleased with himself.

I think he might be one of the ones we should avoid at all costs, could be wrong.

James Frawley will be a one club player like his uncle

Hes going nowhere

Frawley for Fyfe, straight swap

Roosy and Rossy, get it done fellas

WTF?

Do you want him to stay or go?

• Like 4

I don't know what the general consensus is for Dylan Shiel, but I for one would love him at the Dees and be willing to part with our first round pick for him. I feel he would have an immediate impact to the team much like Tyson. Shiel is an inside and outside ball user with a big body, great speed and a midfielder capable of kicking goals.

• Like 2

What im optimistic about is that there is going to be a few GWS and Suns players who may wajtbto come home to Victoria, and we all of a sudden become an attractive prospect, with a good couch and exciting team.

What im optimistic about is that there is going to be a few GWS and Suns players who may wajtbto come home to Victoria, and we all of a sudden become an attractive prospect, with a good couch and exciting team.

A great couch would be hard to turn down for any up and coming player.

• Like 4

Roos signs for year #3 and we'll have no problem getting good players. Not a shred of negative media about our club at the moment, everyone seems to have fallen in love with what our list is doing, and we have a clear direction whereas GWS have none.

A great couch would be hard to turn down for any up and coming player.

Have you seen it?

Its in the foyer at the club.....bloody comfy!

• Like 1

Roos signs for year #3 and we'll have no problem getting good players. Not a shred of negative media about our club at the moment, everyone seems to have fallen in love with what our list is doing, and we have a clear direction whereas GWS have none.

If I was a player at GWS, I'd be looking at MFC as the club on the up - a club I want to be a part of.

I really think we are the club on the upward spiral, hopefully we continue putting in effort until the end of season.

If we had Mitch Clark and Hogan fit, we'd of made finals this year.

I might be one eyed, but I'd expect great improvement coming into next year, if we trade right, we could do serious damage - maybe even top 6.

• Like 1