Dion Prestia Trade Link

Bonkers

Swap of first round draft picks could get it done depedning on where both teams finish, especially if we get Pick 1 as a priority selection to go with pick 2 or 3 or whatever? Might also have to give them a sweetener like Bail, McKenzie or Strauss?

we really need to make sure we get this kid.

he is still just 20, and is averaging 22 possies, 5 marks and 4 tackles

It will be so hard to atrract players with Neeld still the coach, thats why he must be replaced ASAP

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 4

"Of our decent tall payers, who would you trade for a good mid from another club?"

Jack Watts. Every. single. day. of. the. week.

For a ball magnet like Prestia that has Judd's hips and Swans' smarts I'd even consider giving up Trengove.

Yes, really.

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 1

Jamar to GC

Prestia to MFC

Though GC have good ruck stocks. Maybe a 3 way deal Jamar to GWS, someone GWS or GWS pick to GC, Prestia to MFC?

Edit. Still think we need a gun like Daisy Thomas, but read today he appears to have re-injured his ankle.

Hmmm.... Daisy's ankle seems to be like $cully's knee. I think he is gone. Daisy and Prestia would be the perfect combo to get to the club.

Make it happen!

Must keep Frawley and Watts. Still believe Watts will play a role.Prestia ans Shiels for pick 1/2 and Sylvia (probably not enough but if neither want to sign their hand might be forced

Must keep Frawley and Watts. Must have a new coach to get them back on track

• Like 3

Must keep Frawley and Watts. Must have a new coach to get them back on track

2 coaches now and counting...

Watts has played good footy under Neeld. But overall, he is Bailey's legacy.

So is most of this squad.

First part of my plan coming together as planned

Now for Dylan Shiels

:)

Dylan Shiel*

Liam Sheils plays for Hawks mate

2 coaches now and counting...

Watts has played good footy under Neeld. But overall, he is Bailey's legacy.

So is most of this squad.

I know and he frustrates me with his lack of physicality. But play him on the wing and he just might be handy

"Of our decent tall payers, who would you trade for a good mid from another club?"

Jack Watts. Every. single. day. of. the. week.

For a ball magnet like Prestia that has Judd's hips and Swans' smarts I'd even consider giving up Trengove.

Yes, really.

I want to be outraged by your post but it's true :(

• Like 1

Dylan Shiel*

Liam Sheils plays for Hawks mate

And Dylan Shiel plays for GWS.

• Like 2

Get him, we should be dropping some hefty salaries this year with Davey and perhaps a few others.

He's exactly the sort of player we need. Question is what we give up for him, Frawley keeps popping up with people but I think he is a better player than what he's showing and is still far and away our best defender. Losing him will really hurt our back line.

Is he good enough to swap an early pick for??

At this stage it'll be pick 2 or 3....

Yep...think about it, McQueen. We've stuffed up so many 1st round picks.

At least we'll have a player that has been in the system 3 or 4 years and you can see what you'll get.

Like Roos, another fantasy unfolding.

• Like 1

If we were to trade Frawley, we'd set our backline back 5 years. You can't trade a gun with no foreseeable replacements.

We should do as much as we can to lure Prestia though, barring stupid things like the above.

"Set our backline back 5 years" So what difference would that make... NO change ??

Can't trade Frawley, if we want to win a premiership down the track with this list we need our full back, at his best he is close to the best defender in the comp

I would entertain a first round pick but probably not 2 or 3, maybe a similar sort of pick that we gave up for dawes, or if it has to be a player maybe Jack watts,

they won't let him go cheaply though

I hope we do manage to get him then.

I don't really care who we lose to get established players anymore. I just want to see 22 players in the Red and Blue, playing their guts out each week. Playing to hold their position in the team. Shepparding to protect the ball carrier. Making effective tackles and turning the ball over. The basics we lack.

It wouldn't even bother me if we changed more than 50% of our list. We know the ones who work hard will stay.

Dud spud Frawley. Get rid of his sookie attitude. He can never decide who to kick to, waits far too long then when everyone is manned up he kicks it to a contest or straight to the opposition.

Very accurate assessment... Why does he appear to have so many supporters... Far too slow physically and mentally for the modern game. (not his fault) He was great under the rules of around the 2009 era.. Skills and speed is where the game is rapidly accelerating to now.. No more hard physical stuff, no "bumping", (a la Kelly) slightest touch near the top of the arm (Thompson against Hawks) or any semblance of a push it seems , even in the side as, the game is now umpired.. Will very soon, if not already suit players like Watts, Nicholson,Davey, Strauss etc... We should be in the top four by 2015 if we retain and recruit more of these types... Maybe our recruiting officers DO have hindsight after all... Not as stupid as it sounds !! Have a good look at the umpiring next week... Pease learn to stop sliding, touching, bumping,shepherding, or even attempting to mark over someone as those things are on the way out.. !!! We have the list to succeed next year on current rule change trends.... :):wub: ....Just saying.... I have to retain my sense of humour and if I get TOO serious about where we are now , I will lose my sanity or what I have left of it.... I live in hope and must stick with the club...

• Like 1

Can't trade Frawley, if we want to win a premiership down the track with this list we need our full back, at his best he is close to the best defender in the comp

I would entertain a first round pick but probably not 2 or 3, maybe a similar sort of pick that we gave up for dawes, or if it has to be a player maybe Jack watts,

they won't let him go cheaply though

That's the most optimistic post I have read this season !!! Winning a Premiership while Frawley is still playing... He will be drawing an aged Pension if the current situation is any indication.. God I will be happy if, with the way things are today we make the top 8 within the next 5 years and please don't call me a loser or pessimist or similar... I am a REALIST !! Always have been...

That's the most optimistic post I have read this season !!! Winning a Premiership while Frawley is still playing... He will be drawing an aged Pension if the current situation is any indication.. God I will be happy if, with the way things are today we make the top 8 within the next 5 years and please don't call me a loser or pessimist or similar... I am a REALIST !! Always have been...

Not much point in existing if we aren't working to something, Frawley isn't old either, i'm sure Port were probably saying the same thing last year and this year they will go very close so it can turn around quickly with the right people in place