Sir Alex

jackaub

Not sure whether to post in other sports or not.

I hope the players and coaching staff at MFC read the article in The London Daily Telegraph today.

It shows what is required from a man to make a difference to an entire culture at a club.

It shows in particular that is about control not power.

If ever there was a winning model for a football club, Sir Alex and Man U found it and developed it. It also showed how important the Coach (Manager) is and that the players must have a strong relationship to the coach.

Just a fantastic article about a club and a man who made it super successful.

Hope the MFC will read it and learn.

Interesting to note that it took Sir Alex 6 seasons at the helm to win any silverware/turn the club around, culture change is not an instant fix.

• Like 3

Man U was a party club when Sir Alex took the helm. He exited all the party boys and recruited highly competitive types who simply wanted to succeed.

In short, he focused on culture and discipline - on and off field. He was thoroughly uncompromising on this - in fact, he was known for moving on highly talented players who refused to 'buy in'.

There's a message in this for the anti Neeld prayer group.

• Like 6

Man U was a party club when Sir Alex took the helm. He exited all the party boys and recruited highly competitive types who simply wanted to succeed.

In short, he focused on culture and discipline - on and off field. He was thoroughly uncompromising on this - in fact, he was known for moving on highly talented players who refused to 'buy in'.

All we need next is our own Giggs and we're in biz 'Ron'

• Like 1

All we need next is our own Giggs and we're in biz 'Ron'

Giggs is a freak. How can a player play at the top level, and for a top line club, for so long?!

Who would be the AFL equivelant? Michael Tuck?!

Giggs is a freak. How can a player play at the top level, and for a top line club, for so long?!

Who would be the AFL equivelant? Michael Tuck?!

Turns 40 this year, 900+ games and still going strong, could well make it to 1000 games. Hard to relate the 2 sports but Tuck, Bartlett, Bradley, Fletcher...

Turns 40 this year, 900+ games and still going strong, could well make it to 1000 games. Hard to relate the 2 sports but Tuck, Bartlett, Bradley, Fletcher...

Maybe Dank is his supplement provider.... Jokes, just joking. He's a legend of the Game!

"In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team."

Quoted this in another thread. I think this is what Neeld is trying to do.

Edited by 71 Molloy
  • Like 1

Not sure whether to post in other sports or not.

I hope the players and coaching staff at MFC read the article in The London Daily Telegraph today.

It shows what is required from a man to make a difference to an entire culture at a club.

It shows in particular that is about control not power.

If ever there was a winning model for a football club, Sir Alex and Man U found it and developed it. It also showed how important the Coach (Manager) is and that the players must have a strong relationship to the coach.

Just a fantastic article about a club and a man who made it super successful.

Hope the MFC will read it and learn.

see Barassi/Sheedy .... the same.. Hard as,,,,,, just as I heard that Ferguson was.

.... and you'll find plenty of players who whinged & whined, against any changes imposed be any strong willed Manager.

this is a part of the tail Not wagging the Dog..

"In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team."

Quoted this in another thread. I think this is what Neeld is trying to do.

.... exactly, & this is what Sheedy brought to the Bombers, & Barassi taught the Blues.

I have no doubt Neeld is trying to instil a new Culture & Vision for the MFC.

The trouble is he must coach for today as well as tomorrow, i don't think the balance is there.

At the moment it is really hard to even watch the Demons.

Mark Neeld better coach his ass off against the GC or else he is squarely in the gun.

I have no doubt Neeld is trying to instil a new Culture & Vision for the MFC.

The trouble is he must coach for today as well as tomorrow, i don't think the balance is there.

At the moment it is really hard to even watch the Demons.

Mark Neeld better coach his ass off against the GC or else he is squarely in the gun.

don't be on the Tail, WYL.... speculation & peoples whinging, are no good reason at all to see the truth.

a hard culture shift is painful to bare.

don't be on the Tail, WYL.... speculation & peoples whinging, are no good reason at all to see the truth.

a hard culture shift is painful to bare.

Mate i remember certain teachers could instill a Hard "new" culture into a classroom within 5 minutes on their first day.

A teacher either has it or doesn't.

As i said the Demons at the moment are almost unwatchable and that to me is not acceptable.

Whatever Neeld is trying to do, it is not working after 18 months.

Oh you mean upstanding types like the violent alcoholic Eric Cantona and the drug addicted Mark Bosnich? :P I know what you mean, but a number of the articles coming out of the UK at the moment are saying words to the effect that their game will never again witness a reign such as Sir Alex's. World sports have become such big business since '86 that there are too many people with financial interests to ever let a manager stay in the post for such a period of time again. Frankly, if the next Man Utd manager fails to win trophy ware in their first six years, they'll be gone. More pertinently, the AFL is a different beast all together. There are massive broadcast rights, club sponsorships, membership bases etc that each take a beating with poor team performance, particularly when these performances are prolonged and seemingly perennial.

• Like 1

Bailey was also keen on building culture and issues of performance an and off the track - or he said he was. So is every AFL coach.

The only religious zealot here is you, Ron. You are the one prepared to take things on faith alone. I think the "anti-neeld" group is the only honest "group" on 'land. They, by-and-large, base their views on observable reality rather than on hope, prayer or good intentions.

• Like 3

Mate i remember certain teachers could instill a Hard "new" culture into a classroom within 5 minutes on their first day.

A teacher either has it or doesn't.

As i said the Demons at the moment are almost unwatchable and that to me is not acceptable.

Whatever Neeld is trying to do, it is not working after 18 months.

rubbish, these guys are not children, & little kids at school don't have their parents & critiques sitting in the back of the classroom, as they do their teaching.

Bailey was also keen on building culture and issues of performance an and off the track - or he said he was. So is every AFL coach.

The only religious zealot here is you, Ron. You are the one prepared to take things on faith alone. I think the "anti-neeld" group is the only honest "group" on 'land. They, by-and-large, base their views on observable reality rather than on hope, prayer or good intentions.

So that means that when Barassi took over at Carlton he should have been sacked because the results in his first two years he failed......When he came to MFC as a successful coach he failed to get the club above 8th on the ladder...Sometimes you HAVE to have faith and to work hard to get the results......Otherwise every coach that fails to get into the finals ....should be sacked??????

rubbish, these guys are not children, & little kids at school don't have their parents & critiques sitting in the back of the classroom, as they do their teaching.

Correct these guys are not children so it is about time they all took a little more responsibility rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

Run & Spread forward of the ball would be a good start.

DL if we lose to GC on our home ground this sunday evening (The AFL is hiding this game) the shite will hit the fan.

You may be prepared to wait another 6 years for the new Culture.

I gave Neeld 2012 to get that sorted...

Correct these guys are not children so it is about time they all took a little more responsibility rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

Run & Spread forward of the ball would be a good start.

DL if we lose to GC on our home ground this sunday evening (The AFL is hiding this game) the shite will hit the fan.

You may be prepared to wait another 6 years for the new Culture.

I gave Neeld 2012 to get that sorted...

only if the tail still wags the Dog.

.. the problem is there are too many around the club 7 in the stands who think they know better, 7 they have beem arouhnd for decades & are in their own wat a part of the past failings.

Many of these influential supporters are now panicking, because they have contributed money, so they think this buys rights,,, over & above other supporters & over & above the new coaches..

But these influential supporters, Do Not know the correct path,,, or they would have ensured that those changes took place 15 Years ago... they don't, & they didn't !

... now they are stupified with the hard measures being taken, only because they just don't get It.

They are now the 'Tail',,, trying to wag the Dog...

when in Reality, the changes that were made after Bailey, are the correct ones. and the hard decisions being undertaken are, the correct ones.

... and, IF you look closely for the little things, like the tapscott highlights, the jones boys great 2 Yrs, sylvias changed form over the last 2 seasons, Howes form over the last 2 seasons (& new contract),,, Garland now, Evans, etc..

you will start to see the beginnings of 'the hardest team to play against'.

• Like 1

only if the tail still wags the Dog.

.. the problem is there are too many around the club 7 in the stands who think they know better, 7 they have beem arouhnd for decades & are in their own wat a part of the past failings.

Many of these influential supporters are now panicking, because they have contributed money, so they think this buys rights,,, over & above other supporters & over & above the new coaches..

But these influential supporters, Do Not know the correct path,,, or they would have ensured that those changes took place 15 Years ago... they don't, & they didn't !

... now they are stupified with the hard measures being taken, only because they just don't get It.

They are now the 'Tail',,, trying to wag the Dog...

when in Reality, the changes that were made after Bailey, are the correct ones. and the hard decisions being undertaken are, the correct ones.

... and, IF you look closely for the little things, like the tapscott highlights, the jones boys great 2 Yrs, sylvias changed form over the last 2 seasons, Howes form over the last 2 seasons (& new contract),,, Garland now, Evans, etc..

you will start to see the beginnings of 'the hardest team to play against'.

Start thinking about TODAY Deeluded and not some fictional club 7 coterie group in the stands.

You are merely giving the club & coach more time to be sub standard whilst other clubs accelerate by.

The turnaround in Port Adelaide so quickly is what we should have seen last year if G Lyon's appointment was the correct call.

Eh... *shrugs*

Schwab and a few other hacks from the club have been around to successful American and European clubs to "see how they work".

It was part of the effort in rebranding the club and partly led to the club's current emblem design, which attempts to embrace the club's heritage and history (you can judge yourself if you think it achieves that).

You don't "learn" about guys like Sir Alex. You learn FROM guys like Sir Alex.

Unfortunately, there is not a Sir Alex in sight at the MFC.

Start thinking about TODAY Deeluded and not some fictional club 7 coterie group in the stands.

You are merely giving the club & coach more time to be sub standard whilst other clubs accelerate by.

The turnaround in Port Adelaide so quickly is what we should have seen last year if G Lyon's appointment was the correct call.

the culture around the club influencing young players is about being smarter, & not getting your hands dirty.... to start from the top,,, instead of starting at base level & fighting your way up.. the leg ups are to easy.

this IS Why we haven't fired a 'Grand final shot' in over 45 Years....

& all the Power clubs who aren't in the shadows of the 'G',,,, Have dominated the competition. they are 'intouch' with the grassroots supporters.

..... its like we all Love to give to the Royal Chldrens Hospital appeal... we'll fight for the underdog everytime, we'll go to war for the good fight.... but who wants to risk head & skin, to fatten up someones already Fat wallet?

You'd risk your head & skin,,, to save someone in a burning building on Values of principle.... But certainly not, for a fist full of paper money.