An interesting stat

Col Garland's 85% disposal efficiency ranks third overall in the AFL this season for players who average 15+ possessions per game. He only trails Jimmy Bartel and Alipate Carlisle.

He definitely has improved over the last couple of games

Wow that was unexpected but good on him!

Edited by Django

Afl site says we are number 1 for contested marks in the league with 70 as well.

That's a key part of Neelds gameplan so at least something is going right. I think our talls are doing a fairly good job in playing their part, it's the midfield that's extremely handicapped (obviously).

• Like 1

give it 5 minutes before the negatives tear this to shreds and turn it into a sack neeld thread

hope the page stays positive, it makes for a better day

we need a positive thread to be started every monday

Edited by jazza
  • Like 7

Col Garland's 85% disposal efficiency ranks third overall in the AFL this season for players who average 15+ possessions per game. He only trails Jimmy Bartel and Alipate Carlisle.

He definitely has improved over the last couple of games

Yeah, but all the players have been going backwards since Neeld came along. Are you sure that stat is correct!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but all the players have been going backwards since Neeld came along. Are you sure that stat is correct!!!!!!!!

grrrrr told ya

Edited by jazza
  • Like 1

Garland has been awesome the last few weeks. Feels like he has taken over the gap in our defence that was left by Rivers.

Watching Garland, he seems to be a players that is mostly consistant week in week out. The only issue with the backline is the lack of defensive assistance from the midfielders.

I am sure this if the midfielders provided more assistance down back, people would be less critical of Garland & co... (Not so sure on Gillies though)

This team at its best...leads the league is great stats.

This team at its worst...looks like one of the worst teams at all time.

I don't know what to expect.

I've been one of his biggest critics, but he's really wiped out his nonchalant attitude over the past couple of weeks. His higher intensity is really showing. Good on him for turning it around.

Interesting indeed. He hardly has the most damaging kick that is going to open sides up, but there is nothing wrong with hitting the easy option. He has been one of the better ones the last few weeks, so good on him.

This team at its best...leads the league is great stats.

This team at its worst...looks like one of the worst teams at all time.

I don't know what to expect.

I have been desperately trying to find a graphic, with a person sitting at their keyboard, with a rain cloud about their head, that way posters like yourself wouldn't have to type anything you could just post the graphic and we would all know what you mean, I mean we see the same thing most of the time anyway...you, the master, CBF, et al Edited by Satyriconhome

Garland is a very good player who has, along with Chip and a few others, had to try hold up a defence that has been hammered week after week due to a midfield that has not been very competitive. Have always shaken my head in disbelief at the amount of trash he has copped here.

In a good team, he would be a valuable asset (not to say I don't consider him valuable in our team!)

Afl site says we are number 1 for contested marks in the league with 70 as well.

Thats only because we can never find space. Uncontested marks would be a beter sign and show that we can spread. (oh and half those 70 are Howes so yer!)

As for Garland - that game where he ran back with the flight of the ball and took that contested mark was great. When he got up I realised he is no longer that skinny/lanky development player. It is about time he starts using his body and attributes to full advantage - his tall, strong, can play on short and talls and has a rare kind of composure for a tall defender.

Edited by Young Dee

Interesting indeed. He hardly has the most damaging kick that is going to open sides up, but there is nothing wrong with hitting the easy option. He has been one of the better ones the last few weeks, so good on him.

this is exactly what we need right now, reliability... not flash & not pazzazz, relaibility & solid honest footy.

we can build the zip, & the zag in to things, once we settle the momentum.

hmm thats all well and good but i'd prefer col prevented his opponents from kicking less goals, which is what he is there to do

Q3 against west coast he cost us about 5 goals himself

What, you want Col to let them kick more goals??!!??

• Like 6

Garland is a very good player who has, along with Chip and a few others, had to try hold up a defence that has been hammered week after week due to a midfield that has not been very competitive. Have always shaken my head in disbelief at the amount of trash he has copped here.

In a good team, he would be a valuable asset (not to say I don't consider him valuable in our team!)

It's about time Garland started to get ahead, he has been in the system for a very long time. I will believe when he becomes more consistent.

One constant theme on this site irritates me, many here continue to excuse our back line for the lack of pressure from our midfield, the back line is made up of some of our most senior players. I expect much more of Frawley and Garland.

And don't keep saying our players would be better in a top team, it's a [censored] throw away line.