• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Welcome to Demonland ... PETER JACKSON

Demonland

Now we have the first step of the AFL infiltration.... The AFL have plans to move more here.... Peter Jackson will recommend relocation as the best option to fix this club.....

The AFL don't care about the MFC... They care about money.... They have been planing this for years.... Bulldog, Dees, Kangas....it's all the same to them..... There not here to help us....

Nonsense. They've been propping up the MFC, the Kangas and the Bulldogs for years. If it wasn't for the AFL, we would have hit the wall already. Heard of the equalisation fund?

• Like 1

He won't last the season and shouldn't last past mid year at this rate.

There were no doubt problems when he took over but he has exacerbated many of them and added a number of his own. We are worse than we were with Bailey and you have pointed all the benefits puts Neelds way. Buts its not the coach.

He is not part of the solution for MFC but he is definitely part of the problem.

He will last the season and next if we can't lure a respected Premiership coach to the club.

Let's just run through the issues outside of his control since he arrived.

Jim Stynes death

Tanking debacle

Racist slur

Senior players not prepared to work to elite AFL standards and cracking hissy fits.(Interesting that Nate Jones has bought in and gone to the next level)

Sacking of CEO

Drug scandal

unprecedented media slagging of all things Melbourne

Now I'm sorry if you disagree but that's a hell of alot for an experienced coach to handle let alone a rookie.

He, Mission and Craig are turning the FD into a professionally run unit with standards not yet seen at this club.

He has a young list, a non existent midfield, his premier forward has been predominantly injured and an influx of new players but of course RR it's all his fault we're not winning games.

If the club was performing this badly under Paul Roos would you be calling for his head to?

• Like 3

You're such a drama Queen. Neeld is working with the worst midfield in the league, a relatively new list of players and one of the youngest squads in the comp.

Cut the crap about "losing" the players. Players play for themselves and their mates streets ahead of the coach. Anyone who has played football at any decent level will tell you this. If there are players who are dropping their heads because of the coach they should go the way of our long list of mediocre talent which I have gladly seen moved on by Neeld and Bailey.

The team has a solid spine in the making and some more than useful talent. It needs Viney and Toumpas to develop and the inclusion of some A grade mids in this years draft. Stop running around waving your hands in the air yelling abuse and look at the processes being put in place.

Proper training facilities

Good development coaches with more room for improvement

Well funded FD

Quality senior guide in Neil Craig

A couple more quality draft picks coming up hopefully used correctly.

It's not the coach.

correct.

• Like 1

He will last the season and next if we can't lure a respected Premiership coach to the

His tenure has nothing to do with the ability to lure the next coach. Indeed, the failure of the Club to deal with Neeld only delays the process to find a new coach commencing. There is no way MFC can rigorously pursue a new coach with the incumbent in place. There is no way a proper process could be implemented without the media knowing. If there is one thing MFC should have learnt from the Bailey sacking, a coach should be exited professionally and respectfully. MFC need to do this with Neeld.

And the failure to bring the players along with him is a core failure of Neeld as a Coach. It is chillingly interesting that N Jones is the only one who apparently has bought in to it. It is disturbing that after a number of the losses, the post match player/coach sessions talk about gaining "buy in". He does not inspire or has improved the playing group. They do not respond to him on the field. And he has mismanaged a number of player/ official relationships at the Club. There are a number of problems at the Club. He is definitely one of them.

You are working hard to fantasise an out for him but the bottom line is that as Coach he has an 18% w/l ratio with 3 of those ins against the GWS school kids. He has coached only one win against an established side Essendon who we now know was on a downer over the impact of Danks.

And is laughable that Misdon, Craig and Neeld are turning the FD into a professionally run unit with standards yet to be seen at the Club. I would have thought the failure to oversight a supplements program that has lead to the Club being dragged into another Serious AFL enquiry has clearly brought forward such appalling standards that have not been seen at MFC before. Jack Trengove must be really happy about that.

If Paul Roos served up the rubbish that Neeld has, Roos would know enough to address the issues or be man enough to admit he can't do it. Roos would go on the same basis. Neeld gets into press conferences and can only say he didn't see it (the loss) coming. Disaster

• Like 5

His tenure has nothing to do with the ability to lure the next coach. Indeed, the failure of the Club to deal with Neeld only delays the process to find a new coach commencing. There is no way MFC can rigorously pursue a new coach with the incumbent in place. There is no way a proper process could be implemented without the media knowing. If there is one thing MFC should have learnt from the Bailey sacking, a coach should be exited professionally and respectfully. MFC need to do this with Neeld.

And the failure to bring the players along with him is a core failure of Neeld as a Coach. It is chillingly interesting that N Jones is the only one who apparently has bought in to it. It is disturbing that after a number of the losses, the post match player/coach sessions talk about gaining "buy in". He does not inspire or has improved the playing group. They do not respond to him on the field. And he has mismanaged a number of player/ official relationships at the Club. There are a number of problems at the Club. He is definitely one of them.

You are working hard to fantasise an out for him but the bottom line is that as Coach he has an 18% w/l ratio with 3 of those ins against the GWS school kids. He has coached only one win against an established side Essendon who we now know was on a downer over the impact of Danks.

And is laughable that Misdon, Craig and Neeld are turning the FD into a professionally run unit with standards yet to be seen at the Club. I would have thought the failure to oversight a supplements program that has lead to the Club being dragged into another Serious AFL enquiry has clearly brought forward such appalling standards that have not been seen at MFC before. Jack Trengove must be really happy about that.

If Paul Roos served up the rubbish that Neeld has, Roos would know enough to address the issues or be man enough to admit he can't do it. Roos would go on the same basis. Neeld gets into press conferences and can only say he didn't see it (the loss) coming. Disaster

Your point regarding the supplement program is yet to be proved.

We have seen improvement in more players than just Jones.

It would be very risky for the club to move him on now unless they had some idea of who would be available.

Your main point remains that he has lost the players. This is just plain rubbish and if you're going to spout offer up your source.

You've backed him to fail I'm backing him to succeed. Time will tell.

I find it interesting that a lot of Daniher cheerleaders are blaming Neeld when in the past they simply criticised the players and stuck up for the coach.

I'm impressed you remember who the Daniher cheerleaders are.

Sometimes I blame Daniher for the disaster we are in but I also think when he left after 2007 there was enough on the list that if we got some drafts right in 07/08/09 we would've been out of the major troubles by now.

But when I look back I think it might not have been Daniher's coaching that was the problem or even the way he stocked the list in 2005/2006 with guys like Pickett for the pursuit of a flag. Really I think the problem (which Daniher is partly responsible for even though we were flat broke and couldn't afford it) is that we completely missed the mid 2000's football department arms race lead by teams like Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn. Only this year am I happy we have fitness guys in place, recruiters in place, development coaches in place etc. We still have to refine who those people are - I think our development coaches need reviewing and obviously our sports science and medical team are getting reviewed through this Dank problem. But we can't catch up on field with the rest of the teams if we haven't caught up off the field.

• Like 4

How do you suggest the club would exit MN professionally and respectfully?

I would imagine sacking MN would see another avalanche of bad press from the media. We all know whatever we do is wrong, in the eyes of some.

I would imagine sacking MN would see another avalanche of bad press from the media. We all know whatever we do is wrong, in the eyes of some.

I think we'd all agree that not doing it over the phone would be the first step.

• Like 1

Everyone at the MFC spews out the mantra...Elite performance! Where is the evidence?

Neeld will continue lose players if they cannot understand and implement his game plan. Players will not develop by being beaten by 70 points or more most weeks. Peter Jackson has to arrest this bleeding and get the support to do it urgently.

Daniher's biggest problem was that he regularly coached an average list to above-average results, which meant that when he ran out of steam (as so often happens) our player list was light on for talent, which was in turn exacerbated by a horror run with injuries in the first half of 2007.

Also, losing Scott Thompson at the end of 2004 was crucial, and perhaps even Wizard should have stayed. With both still in the side we were a big chance to pinch flags in 2005 and/or 2006.

Your point regarding the supplement program is yet to be proved.

We have seen improvement in more players than just Jones.

It would be very risky for the club to move him on now unless they had some idea of who would be available.

Your main point remains that he has lost the players. This is just plain rubbish and if you're going to spout offer up your source.

You've backed him to fail I'm backing him to succeed. Time will tell.

MFC stuffed up big time when it did not know what was going in the supplement program over the important area in the club...player welfare. After 14/15 months of harrassment by the AFL to make sure your club's programs legal and legit, MFC had no line of sight on a rogue doctor and our co captaIn is under suspicion for taking banned substances. Once again MFC have been found to be incompetent in the area of football operations. The only thing that that is yet to be proven is the whether Trengoves treatment is illegal and whether anyone knew of Bates activities. There is little upside in this its been a disaster and it could get worse.

I have named two players (NJones and Howe) that have improved. You have said there is more than N Jones but could not back it up. There is a host of key players who have gone backwards or stagnated under Neeld.

The greatest risk facing this club is if they let Neeld continue the damage he has done to. And they cant know who is out in the market and available because they would directly undermining the incumbent. And for prospective coaches that aint an attractive impression about an already tarnished club. I am stunned you cant think through this issue more perceptively.

And the source of my assessment of Neeld is myself and what I have observed. It sticks out like dogs balls and is supported by the stats. The lack of player effort during the game is embarrassing. Neeld promised a competitive side this year. He has delivered absolute tripe this year. And he does not know why. Its obvious.

And you have backed a loser my friend.

Edited by Rhino Richards

I think we'd all agree that not doing it over the phone would be the first step.

Give the man a star. Thats the first step.

The Chairman should call him and tell him square to his face that the Board believe in the interest of the Club that it seeks to terminate his contract immediately and provide him with the financial details of his payout.

Quick, decisive and clear. Its the way it should be done. i just wonder if the Club could do it right.

I'm impressed you remember who the Daniher cheerleaders are.

Sometimes I blame Daniher for the disaster we are in but I also think when he left after 2007 there was enough on the list that if we got some drafts right in 07/08/09 we would've been out of the major troubles by now.

But when I look back I think it might not have been Daniher's coaching that was the problem or even the way he stocked the list in 2005/2006 with guys like Pickett for the pursuit of a flag. Really I think the problem (which Daniher is partly responsible for even though we were flat broke and couldn't afford it) is that we completely missed the mid 2000's football department arms race lead by teams like Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn. Only this year am I happy we have fitness guys in place, recruiters in place, development coaches in place etc. We still have to refine who those people are - I think our development coaches need reviewing and obviously our sports science and medical team are getting reviewed through this Dank problem. But we can't catch up on field with the rest of the teams if we haven't caught up off the field.

Daniher's reign at MFC is looking pretty good against the last two incumbents He won about 55% of his games as coach. He managed to get us to a number of finals series including a GF in 2000. Gees that looks a pipedream away now.

He managed to get the most of a side which had its limitation. The Club was broke, suffered the problem of the Gutnick/Szondy instability, had rat infested headquarters at Junction Oval. They trained at Trinity college and had to drive to Junction Oval to do weights and warm downs. Daniher is also lost a first round pick in 1999 and second round pick due to salary cap breaches (Thanks again Schwabby). There was no Head of Coaching, no development coaches and dare I say it no "elite performance" program. We were completely underfunded and relative to the other Clubs we were amateurs

Aside from those significant issues, the other gorilla in the issue is that under Craig Cameron MFC did not recruit one star since 2000. Scott Thompson was the last one and he did not stay. Do the sums our recruitment in 2001 - 2007 has been a disaster. The only noteworthy players we have recruited in that time have been Jones and Frawley. In his final year Cameron gave us Morton, Maric and Meeson...Miserable.

When Bailey came in the list was exhausted. He set to work and sought to deal with cultural issues by expelling Carroll and trading Travis JohnstonThe era of Neitz, White Yze, Robbo was coming to a close as their aging bodies no longer carried the team. Behind that there was nothing coming through. The senior or over 23 group within MFC were of mixed talent and little leadership. The decision by the Board was to stock up with young talent and to chase the PP.

The disasters of Cameron were simply compounded by the disaster of Prendergast. Given we were short of midfield when Daniher finished, its ironic that the Prendergast managed not to recruit midfielders (alllowing for Scully to scab).

We have no doubtedly recruited poorly (eg Morton, Gysberts and Cook), The jury is out on Strauss, Blease, Tapscott and others. But I am concerned that the lack of development of the talent that somehow got picked up by the Club.

Its not that simple or accurate to lay the blame for MFC's current dire situation at one person. There has been a combination of contributors to the hole we are in. And the current key office holders are just prolonging this pain and calamity.

The appointment of Peter Jackson for 6 months may well be the very thing the MFC needs.

He is beholding to no one and has six months to see the problems and say what he thinks.

Unlike a full time employee who has to be careful not to offend the Chairman, board and FD he can say it as he sees it.

He will walk in six months and the MFC can like his view or lump it.

He is IMO likely to call for some drastic action lets see if the MFC is up to it.

• Like 2

The only thing that that is yet to be proven is the whether Trengoves treatment is illegal and whether anyone knew of Bates activities.

I would have thought that a minor matter that also remains to be proven is whether JT actually took anything and if so what.

So far the evidence available as far as I know, is an alleged SMS, referring to JT being asked to meet someone.

Am I wrong here, or have I missed something?

I would have thought that a minor matter that also remains to be proven is whether JT actually took anything and if so what.

So far the evidence available as far as I know, is an alleged SMS, referring to JT being asked to meet someone.

Am I wrong here, or have I missed something?

It was alleged that he was provided with a cream treatment by prescription that may have contained a banned substance. That is why I had raised the issue of legality. I had understood the actual use was what had to be determined and if there was a banned substance within.

It's an extra step of potential disaster in what has been a comic book event by MFC.

Edited by Rhino Richards

The appointment of Peter Jackson for 6 months may well be the very thing the MFC needs.

He is beholding to no one and has six months to see the problems and say what he thinks.

Unlike a full time employee who has to be careful not to offend the Chairman, board and FD he can say it as he sees it.

He will walk in six months and the MFC can like his view or lump it.

He is IMO likely to call for some drastic action lets see if the MFC is up to it.

Except the AFL.......

It was alleged that he was provided with a cream treatment by prescription that may have contained a banned substance. That is why I had raised the issue of legality. I had understood the actual use was what had to be determined and if there was a banned substance within.

It's an extra step of potential disaster in what has been a comic book event by MFC.

That's what I was getting at, who has alleged he actually used it.

So, from Neeld we've gone to Danks ... still not much Jackson, but there you go.

FWIW, the cream that has been mentioned is not a prescription item, it's widely available over-the-counter. My understanding is that it's not banned by ASADA for use externally.

So, from Neeld we've gone to Danks ... still not much Jackson, but there you go.

FWIW, the cream that has been mentioned is not a prescription item, it's widely available over-the-counter. My understanding is that it's not banned by ASADA for use externally.

Mine too 'bing'.

If they cannot understand the game plan, perhaps they should go.

Everyone at the MFC spews out the mantra...Elite performance! Where is the evidence?

Neeld will continue lose players if they cannot understand and implement his game plan. Players will not develop by being beaten by 70 points or more most weeks. Peter Jackson has to arrest this bleeding and get the support to do it urgently.