• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Welcome to Demonland ... PETER JACKSON

Demonland

just show us the source and we will all be happy

Look, no one knows for sure but it is to do with AOD964 not being listed as a banned substance but no being approved for human use it falls under a catch all which means it is by default Illegal and banned.

With this whole thing there is so much information that counters other information so who really knows but the stuff Trengove is said to have been prescribed is an over the counter cream that has been approved for human use. Putting 2 and 2 together you would think he is ok.

My understanding of this is the same as 'bings', but hey we could be way off the mark. Nothing new here just opinion but it would seem logical, if anything in this whole fiasco is logical.

Look, no one knows for sure but it is to do with AOD964 not being listed as a banned substance but no being approved for human use it falls under a catch all which means it is by default Illegal and banned.

With this whole thing there is so much information that counters other information so who really knows but the stuff Trengove is said to have been prescribed is an over the counter cream that has been approved for human use. Putting 2 and 2 together you would think he is ok.

My understanding of this is the same as 'bings', but hey we could be way off the mark. Nothing new here just opinion but it would seem logical, if anything in this whole fiasco is logical.

my understanding too

what i don't understand is why no journo hasn't just asked this with asada. seems a pretty straight forward question and basic research

likewise why hasn't the club said so if true and if true jt took his prescription

my understanding too

what i don't understand is why no journo hasn't just asked this with asada. seems a pretty straight forward question and basic research

likewise why hasn't the club said so if true and if true jt took his prescription

I don't get this either, but the whole MFC part of this seems to be around who told who what and when. No one seems to be focussing on thing that matters most and that is a kid whose career may or may not be threatened. I hope there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and Trenners has been guaranteed he is ok.

People forget the pressure this kid has been under in a short career, the way he was made an example of with the sling tacking thing was an absolute disgrace in my opinion and I think the club should have gone in a lot harder on that. 186, Bailey's sacking, the captaincy through the current turmoil, the supplements, Dank biz. No wonder he is a bit slow at the moment carrying the amount of weight he is on his young shoulders.

• Like 1

my understanding too

FWIW, I'm currently taking an over-the-counter cough syrup that has a "contains a product that may give a positive result in an anti-doping test" warning.

I just don't get this "not authorised for human use" bit, when you can buy it in any chemists. Much confusion here regarding what things are and how and when they're used. Even coffee is a banned substance in certain contexts.

The appointment of Peter Jackson for 6 months may well be the very thing the MFC needs.

He is beholding to no one and has six months to see the problems and say what he thinks.

Unlike a full time employee who has to be careful not to offend the Chairman, board and FD he can say it as he sees it.

He will walk in six months and the MFC can like his view or lump it.

He is IMO likely to call for some drastic action lets see if the MFC is up to it.

Rubbish

He'll find a well run club that can't win games of football. To suggest we're a total rabble is ridiculous. Our President needs to resign but we have competent people at all levels of the club. Only minor changes will be suggested.

MFC stuffed up big time when it did not know what was going in the supplement program over the important area in the club...player welfare. After 14/15 months of harrassment by the AFL to make sure your club's programs legal and legit, MFC had no line of sight on a rogue doctor and our co captaIn is under suspicion for taking banned substances. Once again MFC have been found to be incompetent in the area of football operations. The only thing that that is yet to be proven is the whether Trengoves treatment is illegal and whether anyone knew of Bates activities. There is little upside in this its been a disaster and it could get worse.

I have named two players (NJones and Howe) that have improved. You have said there is more than N Jones but could not back it up. There is a host of key players who have gone backwards or stagnated under Neeld.

The greatest risk facing this club is if they let Neeld continue the damage he has done to. And they cant know who is out in the market and available because they would directly undermining the incumbent. And for prospective coaches that aint an attractive impression about an already tarnished club. I am stunned you cant think through this issue more perceptively.

And the source of my assessment of Neeld is myself and what I have observed. It sticks out like dogs balls and is supported by the stats. The lack of player effort during the game is embarrassing. Neeld promised a competitive side this year. He has delivered absolute tripe this year. And he does not know why. Its obvious.

And you have backed a loser my friend.

I don't back losers and I haven't backed Neeld. My point to you is that he's being unfairly blamed for all the teams woes. I'm a believer that substantial change of the kind Neeld is undertaking takes time. The club should back him until the end of the year. Changing coaches now will achieve nothing. He cannot be held responsible for years of poor recruiting and development. I'd suggest that plenty of the players are improving and that will become clearer when the side starts winning which will happen
  • Like 4

Aside from those significant issues, the other gorilla in the issue is that under Craig Cameron MFC did not recruit one star since 2000. Scott Thompson was the last one and he did not stay. Do the sums our recruitment in 2001 - 2007 has been a disaster. The only noteworthy players we have recruited in that time have been Jones and Frawley. In his final year Cameron gave us Morton, Maric and meeson

The disasters of Cameron were simply compounded by the disaster of Prendergast. Given we were short of midfield when Daniher finished, its ironic that the Prendergast managed not to recruit midfielders (alllowing for Scully to scab).

We have no doubtedly recruited poorly (eg Morton, Gysberts and Cook), The jury is out on Strauss, Blease, Tapscott and others. But I am concerned that the lack of development of the talent that somehow got picked up by the Club.

Here is the biggest 2 issues that see us where we are. Our recruiting has been a disaster in choice of player and choice of type during 2000-2009 which should make up the key components of our side. People say we don't develop well but Scully, Gysberts, Morton and Martin aren't exactly carving it up in their new environments. We recruited poorly that is the cause of all our issues.
  • Like 4

back to peter jackson....

when can we expect him to tell neeld the new game plan?

my bet is man on man

To be honest, id be surprised if PJ will get involved in the football department to that level of details at all. I can't see him making any big changes as he is only a temporary appointment. Any decisions he makes will affect the future CEO. I understand that he is there to review the clubs performance in all areas, to steady the ship and make recommendations moving forward. That being said, if he saw a glaring issue that could be fixed immediately, i imagine he will.

As an outsider, he is in a position to say "the board is a shambles" or "the coaching staff have it wrong" or "the players are terrible and need replacing", without having any conflict of interest.

He has 6 months to do it. Review and make recommendations. In my opinion, his appointment is a clear statement that no further rash changes will be made and we should get used to the status quo.

I also think he'll come up with a list of recommendations and it'll be up to us to follow them and implement them. If we do this to the afl's satisfaction, expect strong support from afl house, both on and off the field.

• Like 1

Here is the biggest 2 issues that see us where we are. Our recruiting has been a disaster in choice of player and choice of type during 2000-2009 which should make up the key components of our side. People say we don't develop well but Scully, Gysberts, Morton and Martin aren't exactly carving it up in their new environments. We recruited poorly that is the cause of all our issues.

I agree that we recruited poorly.

Too many top end draft blunders to name, especially from 2008-2011.

To be honest, id be surprised if PJ will get involved in the football department to that level of details at all. I can't see him making any big changes as he is only a temporary appointment. Any decisions he makes will affect the future CEO. I understand that he is there to review the clubs performance in all areas, to steady the ship and make recommendations moving forward. That being said, if he saw a glaring issue that could be fixed immediately, i imagine he will.

As an outsider, he is in a position to say "the board is a shambles" or "the coaching staff have it wrong" or "the players are terrible and need replacing", without having any conflict of interest.

He has 6 months to do it. Review and make recommendations. In my opinion, his appointment is a clear statement that no further rash changes will be made and we should get used to the status quo.

I also think he'll come up with a list of recommendations and it'll be up to us to follow them and implement them. If we do this to the afl's satisfaction, expect strong support from afl house, both on and off the field.

Rash changes no, status quo no. There will be a lot of very well considered changes over the next 6 months.

I like most of this post except the part "The coaching staff have got it wrong".....I didn't know that he had a degree in coaching....I can't remember him ever coaching.....AFL or anywhere else......What makes him an expert (that everyone on here thinks he is) in coaching.

He is here to review the business and overall state of the club and how we can do better.....He is not here to COACH....

deanox, you need some new batteries in your sarcometer :)

• Like 2

I like most of this post except the part "The coaching staff have got it wrong".....I didn't know that he had a degree in coaching....I can't remember him ever coaching.....AFL or anywhere else......What makes him an expert (that everyone on here thinks he is) in coaching.

He is here to review the business and overall state of the club and how we can do better.....He is not here to COACH....

I imagine he will do a very thorough review of the whole club, including talking to players, coaches, phys eders, water boys, boot studders, front of house, back of house, all levels of staff/management and the board.

He may not say 'the coaching staff have it wrong', but he may be able to identify that the coaching staff have 'lost the players' as everyone on here keeps putting it. He may also walk in and find the footy department is running rosey, the players are on board, the coaches are doing everything right RE coaching but we are just crap, whether due to poor players or poor gameplan etc. In which case I would think he would say to the AFL 'they just need support on field'.

Rash changes no, status quo no. There will be a lot of very well considered changes over the next 6 months.

I agree RE well considered changes being made. But I don't think the big public statements are 'well considered changes'. I'd be very surprised if Jackson supports sacking the coach 1 month into his temporary CEOship. That would mean he would be responsible for finding a new coach, and I think he has more important things to do. Also, were he to appoint a new coach, or admin staff, or footy department etc, a new CEO would come in in 6 months time and be stuck with what PJ has done.

Jackson should respect that the new CEO will need to be the one to make those decisions and appointments. Otherwise in 2 years we'll have the same old scenario 'poor so-so, he didn't get to bring his own team, and got stuck with the coach/admin.etc that PJ chose'.

• Like 2

I agree deanox. Abridged version is that Jackson will be there to report the state of play to the board, prepare the job for the next CEO, and possibly play a big part in hiring his replacement. I'll be surprised if he makes any major decisions or changes.

I also think his lengthy tenure suggests that it will be quite a while before we see any change. That probably includes the position of senior coach.

• Like 1

Rubbish

He'll find a well run club that can't win games of football. To suggest we're a total rabble is ridiculous. Our President needs to resign but we have competent people at all levels of the club. Only minor changes will be suggested.

A well run club??? You are kidding!

We need to get rid of our President. We have just sacked our CEO again (after re appointing him for 3 years in November).

We are now entering our 2nd AFL investigation in 8 months.

We have one employee on suspension for tanking after accepting a $500k fine for doing likewise.

MFC don't know what's happening with a supplements program and have stood one employee down pending an investigation that may implicate others who had no idea what's going on.

On field we have won less than 20% of our games in the past 6 years

I thank God Peter Jackson is doing the review rather than your good self. I can see you now " Iceberg? What iceberg?"

• Like 4

A well run club??? You are kidding!

We need to get rid of our President. We have just sacked our CEO again (after re appointing him for 3 years in November).

We are now entering our 2nd AFL investigation in 8 months.

We have one employee on suspension for tanking after accepting a $500k fine for doing likewise.

MFC don't know what's happening with a supplements program and have stood one employee down pending an investigation that may implicate others who had no idea what's going on.

On field we have won less than 20% of our games in the past 6 years

I thank God Peter Jackson is doing the review rather than your good self. I can see you now " Iceberg? What iceberg?"

Agreed the Pesident should go, I've been calling for him and Schwab to go for 18 months. Jackson will suggest minor changes and help us find an AFL endorsed CEO. The club is not the basket case you all suggest.

I don't back losers and I haven't backed Neeld. My point to you is that he's being unfairly blamed for all the teams woes. I'm a believer that substantial change of the kind Neeld is undertaking takes time. The club should back him until the end of the year. Changing coaches now will achieve nothing. He cannot be held responsible for years of poor recruiting and development. I'd suggest that plenty of the players are improving and that will become clearer when the side starts winning which will happen

You've backed him to fail I'm backing him to succeed.

Oh Dear!

You either daft or ingenious. I have clearly outlined where MFCs woes have stemmed from. I have never blamed it all on Neeld. But he is certaintly part of the current problems.

Neeld had a 3 year contract with a Club that was brittle at the end of 2011 and was in need of success. He has sent them backwards in on uncertain terms. The Club cannot affors to let this disaster continue. There is no plausible evidence to suggest he has got any clue of how to address the issues. He and the Club set the expectation of being competitive this year and after a solid pre season and the slop served up last year that would be a reasonable target. After round 1 where we were blown away he had no idea why it happened. He has five week and we are about as competitive in the AFL as a set of witches hats on peptides.

I have also clearly explained why sacking Neeld now is critical to recruiting a new coach. You seem to think we can work behind Neelds back and do that in this industry. Unbelievable.

I'd suggest that plenty of the players are improving and that will become clearer when the side starts winning which will happen

Sort argues my point that players have not improved then. I am not surprised you cant name when asked. And I have given one more player than you have in Howe (although I reckon he has been poor the past 2 weeks)

Agreed the Pesident should go, I've been calling for him and Schwab to go for 18 months. Jackson will suggest minor changes and help us find an AFL endorsed CEO. The club is not the basket case you all suggest.

And we are a well run club!!! FMD.

I have given you the benefit of explaining why the Club has issues. I have no doubt you cant read buried to your earlobes in the sand.

You're probably close to the mark. I hadn't thought about it but his 6mths ends 1 Nov. That's too late for any major decisions about the footy department. Eg replacing the coaches or any other staff. So who is going to make those calls and when. If he doesn't make them while at the Club when are they going to be made. It will be too late if a new CEO is appointed over the summer.

Can the coach survive if they are still playing like they are now by the end of the year. What is Jackson going to do about that. He can't do nothing.

Also going to be interesting to see what happens with the Board. I'd be surprised if there isn't a new ticket seeking to be elected. I read a rumour somewhere about Greg Wells putting a ticket together. I wouldn't think there will just be a smooth transfer to McLardy's preferred successor. How will that all play out with Jackson who is only in an interim position.

You're probably close to the mark. I hadn't thought about it but his 6mths ends 1 Nov. That's too late for any major decisions about the footy department. Eg replacing the coaches or any other staff. So who is going to make those calls and when. If he doesn't make them while at the Club when are they going to be made. It will be too late if a new CEO is appointed over the summer.

Can the coach survive if they are still playing like they are now by the end of the year. What is Jackson going to do about that. He can't do nothing.

Also going to be interesting to see what happens with the Board. I'd be surprised if there isn't a new ticket seeking to be elected. I read a rumour somewhere about Greg Wells putting a ticket together. I wouldn't think there will just be a smooth transfer to McLardy's preferred successor. How will that all play out with Jackson who is only in an interim position.

The Board appointed Neeld and it should be the Board(McLardy or his replacement) that does the termination. Jackson should be attendance.

I'd be surprised if there was at this stage an alternate ticket. I doubt there is one. And if there was a viable option I doubt the incumbent would stand as opposition. Frankly the report card of the current Board is a fail on and off the ground.

It wont affect Jackson as he will move back to one of his other interests (some of which are in arrangement with the AFL). At least the AFL will have a birds eye view on what is actually happening at MFC rather than having to watch the 7.30 report to find out.

That's what I was getting at, who has alleged he actually used it.

Ask Wade Lees ...

Lees was then charged with "attempted use of a prohibited substance violation" and banned by AFL Victoria after Round 7 this season.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/casey-scorpians-player-wade-lees-cops-18-month-ban-for-importing-performance-enhancing-drugs/story-e6frf33l-1226541646433#ixzz2SU0bMn3e

And we are a well run club!!! FMD.

I have given you the benefit of explaining why the Club has issues. I have no doubt you cant read buried to your earlobes in the sand.

I'm just telling you what he will find.