Brent Moloney

Theo

Ok... Moloney restored my faith in... Moloney! We should have tagged him... maybe we did... if we did it didn't work and the player(s) should be held accountable. Who do we have that could do a good job of tagging him (in hindsight)? Batram... N Brown... Ok, too much hindsight!... current list... maybe Dunn? ... I'm done! The required tagger hasn't surfaced yet, but by Brian, we needed him.

The relationship between him and the club was definitely untenable by seasons end, it is more about how it was let to get to such a stage that concerns me, and I'm sure he is at least partly to blame but as you say, would love to know the full story.

agree. Something very deep took the blood love out of Beamer before season 2012 started.

Yes it was not being in the leadership group, but there is something much deeper that he refused to have anything to do with....

Neeld also has compromised his coaching to a point because of it.

Neither has yielded an inch.

Moloney said that it helped that he knew how we set up, well surely we also knew enough about moloney to counter him and guess what..we had no one who could. That is very sad.

• Like 1

By the way, if you call for Moloney's head, like a lot of us did in 2012, don't complain when he plays good footy at another club in 2013. There were clearly issues with his commitment and structure and I don't think he wanted to play for Neeld (Mind you, who would?). He's always been a pretty good player..just forget about him

Edited by Neeld Aniher

Mathew lloyd scathing of Neeld tonight on AW. Said his comments on dees losing Moloney because of new world of free agency and not being able to match offer under free agency were rubbish and a cop out. Said Moloney left simply because of Neeld and and that Neeld needs to start looking at himself as to why Jamar, Moloney, Trengove, Watts, Mckenzie all not developing or going backwards under his program. All agreed that Neeld won't be at Dees next year. About time media stopped beating around the bush.

• Like 3

Supported Neeld until this weekend, now I am done with him and this is why.

Any coach with smarts would have had Beamer sat on from the first bounce. Neeld has lost the plot and all our top draft picks are going from bad to worse.

I don't support sacking a coach in-season but he is damaging the development of our top draft picks...what can be done to stop the rot?

Supported Neeld until this weekend, now I am done with him and this is why.

Any coach with smarts would have had Beamer sat on from the first bounce. Neeld has lost the plot and all our top draft picks are going from bad to worse.

I don't support sacking a coach in-season but he is damaging the development of our top draft picks...what can be done to stop the rot?

A new board and coach would be a good start.

There are 2 very successful clubs of recent times in Geelong and Sydney and they have one thing in common - culture.

Any assistant coaches from either clubs would be more than welcome.

It's no coincidence Ken Hinkley is instilling a good culture at Port Adelaide, he learnt off Bomber

and there is no coincidence Longmire has continued to be successful at Sydney.

Geelong and Sydney are very professional and well lead organizations and the MFC is the opposite.

Instead of grabbing our coach from Collingwood, who didn't even have a great culture under Malthouse, we should be looking to get an assistant from Geelong or Syd.

That is if we can't land Paul Roos himself.

A dream panel would be Paul Roos with Kirk and Ling as assistants, it's best to aim high instead of settling for Malthouse's scraps.

Edited by ThreeOneSix

BUMP.

Paul Roos is tearing poor Brent a new one for failure to work both ways against his direct opponent O'Keefe who is giving him a bath on the SCG.

When Roos gives a player a serve he certainly doesn't hold back.

• Like 1

BUMP.

Paul Roos is tearing poor Brent a new one for failure to work both ways against his direct opponent O'Keefe who is giving him a bath on the SCG.

When Roos gives a player a serve he certainly doesn't hold back.

I rewatched our game against the Lions last week and noticed that Beamer was always matched up on one of the following four players:

Jack Trengove, who is really young and still broke even when he was on him.

Jordie McKenzie, who has no offensive side and thus didn't test Moloney's only weakness.

Colin Sylvia, who has no defensive side and thus allowed Beamer way too much room to do his thing

Matt Jones, who had his career worst game on the weekend.

All in all, we have a F grade midfield and so it's only right that a D grade opponent would take us to the cleaners. Embarrassing, sure...but right all the same

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1

Is this going to be one of those threads that gets bumped each week depending on whether he has a good game or a bad game. To me, whether he has a shocker today, even if he has a shocker for the rest of the season, he should still be at our club. And we got next to nothing for him.

The relationship between him and the club was definitely untenable by seasons end, it is more about how it was let to get to such a stage that concerns me, and I'm sure he is at least partly to blame but as you say, would love to know the full story.

agree. Something very deep took the blood love out of Beamer before season 2012 started.

Yes it was not being in the leadership group, but there is something much deeper that he refused to have anything to do with....

Neeld also has compromised his coaching to a point because of it.

Neither has yielded an inch.

Moloney's 75% to blame for his poor 2012 season.

I really like Beamer, but I think he was expecting to get back into the leadership team after he stood down because of the urinating on the bar incident in September 2011.

Neeld came in, probably didn't get a good first impression (see above) and treated him like everyone else and the rest is history.

Moloney's 75% to blame for his poor 2012 season.

I really like Beamer, but I think he was expecting to get back into the leadership team after he stood down because of the urinating on the bar incident in September 2011.

Neeld came in, probably didn't get a good first impression (see above) and treated him like everyone else and the rest is history.

I agree he is obviously at least partly to blame, just have to avoid letting the relationship deteriorate to such a level. But anyway, we covered it in depth last week so no use having the same conversation each week.

I agree he is obviously at least partly to blame, just have to avoid letting the relationship deteriorate to such a level. But anyway, we covered it in depth last week so no use having the same conversation each week.

Fair call. I just thought I'd raise up the urinating on the bar incident.

I had completely forgotten about it and didnt realise it could have been the thing that might have started all of this

Firdt poor game for season after 36 possessions against us and all other games having 20+ possessions.

We had one player today that got 20+ possessions.

He is an honest C grader....but it looks dumb to have dumped him.

Fair call. I just thought I'd raise up the urinating on the bar incident.

I had completely forgotten about it and didnt realise it could have been the thing that might have started all of this

It happened pre Neeld and he paid his penalty via a public humiliation via Cam Schwab.

I am not sure what it has to do with Neeld dumping him.

• Like 1

Firdt poor game for season after 36 possessions against us and all other games having 20+ possessions.

We had one player today that got 20+ possessions.

He is an honest C grader....but it looks dumb to have dumped him.

It happened pre Neeld and he paid his penalty via a public humiliation via Cam Schwab.

I am not sure what it has to do with Neeld dumping him.

CS did what he had to do.

It happened in 2011 season - Neeld signed September 2011. Barely pre-Neeld and I struggle to see how you dont think Neeld would be asking this:

"This guy is supposed to be their B&F and he gets so blind he starts urinating on a bar... not leadership quality, not in the leadership group".

Either way you look at it Neeld wouldnt have had a good first impression.

Why bother with Moloney, how he plays now. He left the dees, it is over. He had a good season for us a couple of years ago and didn't do much afterwards. He no doubt will have good and average games for Brisbane as well, he is what he is. Let it go.

If not why not start a thread on Darren Jolley, gosh, what might have been if he had stayed.

CS did what he had to do.

It happened in 2011 season - Neeld signed September 2011. Barely pre-Neeld and I struggle to see how you dont think Neeld would be asking this:

"This guy is supposed to be their B&F and he gets so blind he starts urinating on a bar... not leadership quality, not in the leadership group".

Either way you look at it Neeld wouldnt have had a good first impression.

The incident happened early 2011. Six months prior to Neeld coming on board.

Player gets suspended from the leadership group and undertakes personal development program.

Player gets reinstated back into the leadership group that year.

In a tough season for the Club the player comes back a wins the club B&F and polls 18 Brownlow votes.

Terrible impression indeed.

The incident happened early 2011. Six months prior to Neeld coming on board.

Player gets suspended from the leadership group and undertakes personal development program.

Player gets reinstated back into the leadership group that year.

In a tough season for the Club the player comes back a wins the club B&F and polls 18 Brownlow votes.

Terrible impression indeed.

Every new boss or manager that comes to an organisation has already formed an opinion on their staff.

Behind closed doors, it's usually "right so who is good and who is bad", with football its all in the media.

You're joking yourself if you dont think Neeld would have come to the club already wanting to make a mark on the leadership squad.

Doesn't help when you're club gets flogged and you're off getting so drunk you urinate on a bar earlier in the season.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. As I said originally: "probably didn't get a good first impression"

There are some similarities between Moloney and Travis Johnstone, not just the move to Brisbane. Neither played to their full potential at Melbourne. Brad Miller was the same. Good player, sometimes a great player, but only about once a month. The rest of the time just coasted.

If the move can take him to another level of consistency, good on him. He wasn't going further at Melbourne. I do wonder whether a coach like John Northey or Neal Daniher may have got more out of him (and I know he played under ND, and did well when he wasn't injured - I mean over the whole of his career).