Changes vs Brisbane

What

Terlich won't miss, he has been a huge find and works as hard as anyone,

clark injury may be a blessing if it means jack watts can be thrown forward and have another run as out tall target with pedo and sellar

Terlich's been great.. No way he'll come out any time soon.

If no-one misses through injury (unlikely)

In: Strauss

Out: Jetta

If Clark is injured, Sellar will come in (I believe), though I wouldn't mind seeing Spencer... Watching him at training though, he still lacks coordination pretty badly, drops a lot of marks (not that Sellar doesn't).. Dawes can't be far away, looks great on the track.

If Viney misses, I would love to see Dean Kent. Structurally though, probably would be more appropriate to play Jordie Mac, as we'll miss Viney's toughness.

I'd bring in Sellar to play down back and put Garland up forward; Sellar can play down back but he seems unable to play forward, Garland can play forward and we need a marking option.

Pederson and Watts forward (or Casey)

McKenzie and Strauss probably, if there is an injury and for the Jetta suspension.

Fitzy is not good enough imo.

OUT:

Jetta - suspended

Clark - injured

Viney - needs a break.

IN:

Strauss.

Kent

McKenzie

We do not need another tall with Pedersen (unfortunately) Jamar and Gawn, so Spencer/Fitzy will not play

Dawes remains one more week away I reckon

Terlich won't miss. Hard as nails, has a red hot go and the coach loves this kind of player. Once he gets his kicking efficiency under control he will be fine.

Watts is a mystery to me. What to do with him and where does he play? His form does not warrant selection but after a win there will be as few changes as necessary, so he stays.

• Like 1

I'd bring in Sellar to play down back and put Garland up forward; Sellar can play down back but he seems unable to play forward, Garland can play forward and we need a marking option.

I think if we really want to improve we need to find some consistency in team selection/roles - we need to keep Garland and others in their positions so our team can grow in confidence.

I think Sellar has shown enough to warrant being used as a forward but would rather Dunn. Watts is really the one that should be going forward (as he is yet to really find a role) - could maybe be replaced by Dunn down back.

In: Nicholson (Neeld loves him), Sellar (Neeld seems to love his flexibility) McKenzie

Out: Jetta, Clark, Viney (been carrying something, needs a break)

Not sure why everyone is calling for Strauss to replace Jetta. I know he's had injuries but has he ever played a good game for the MFC? Can somone tell me when a game where has beaten his opponent? I can't recall one occassion where his "laser" boot has been on display.

It doesn't sound like either Nicho or Strauss have been knocking down the door at Casey, and the fact they went with Nicho earlier in the season suggests to me the MC rate him higher.

In: Nicholson (Neeld loves him), Sellar (Neeld seems to love his flexibility) McKenzie

Out: Jetta, Clark, Viney (been carrying something, needs a break)

Not sure why everyone is calling for Strauss to replace Jetta. I know he's had injuries but has he ever played a good game for the MFC? Can somone tell me when a game where has beaten his opponent? I can't recall one occassion where his "laser" boot has been on display.

It doesn't sound like either Nicho or Strauss have been knocking down the door at Casey, and the fact they went with Nicho earlier in the season suggests to me the MC rate him higher.

They love Nicho's application but have found his weaknesses are too glaring. Its hard for Strauss to play a good game if he is not given an opportunity. His Casey is form is good and Nicho had his chance.

First of all his VFL form has been very good (it is a tough job getting in the bests being a backman) and second, he needs to be given a go at seniors to prove himself or would you rather just continue to gift games to Jack watts or bring in Nicho who who has had multiple chances and we all know that he does not have the skills to play in a good side.

Edited by Young Dee

First of all his VFL form has been very good (it is a tough job getting in the bests being a backman) and second, he needs to be given a go at seniors to prove himself or would you rather just continue to gift games to Jack watts or bring in Nicho who who has had multiple chances and we all know that he does not have the skills to play in a good side.

I doubt he has the skills to play in a bad one

I think if we really want to improve we need to find some consistency in team selection/roles - we need to keep Garland and others in their positions so our team can grow in confidence.

I think Sellar has shown enough to warrant being used as a forward but would rather Dunn. Watts is really the one that should be going forward (as he is yet to really find a role) - could maybe be replaced by Dunn down back.

I saw Dunn at the footy on Sunday and didn't think to stop and ask him if he's fit but he looked ok. One thig is he hasn't played for a while so he may need a run at Casey.

Speaking of seeing people at the footy, I forgot to mention that Brad Green and Brad Miller were at the first game of the year, surprising when you consider that Greeny is employed as an assistant coach at Carlton. They were at the President's Lunch as guests of the club. Mike Fitzpatrick was at the President's Lunch on Sunday, perhaps Carlton are looking at a takeover bid?

Edited by RobbieF

dunn doesn't like playing forward, head ducker... right from his first game against the Cats under lights at the MCG.

he's working his way out the back door, & thats the only place for him now, defence.

But to me Strauss is ahead of him now, as is Terlich, & Jetta's on equal footing, but coming up.

we need to maintain as many years of maturity in our first 18 as we can manage... + as many games as we can muster.

IN: Dunn, McKenzie, Rodan

OUT: Clark (inj), Jetta (susp), Viney (rest but I'd take him on the trip up as the 3rd emergency)

FB: Garland, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Dunn, McDonald, Grimes

C: Howe, McKenzie, Bail

HF: Trengove, Pedersen, Tapscott

FF: Gawn, Watts, Byrnes

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, N. Jones

INT: Davey, Evans, M. Jones

SUB: Rodan

EMERG: Blease, Fitzpatrick, Viney

Dunn takes Watts role off half back and Watts goes forward and has to try and keep his spot there knowing that Clark and Dawes are to come back into that side.

Frawley to Brown

McDonald to Martin

McKenzie tags Rockliff or Moloney?

Bail to Rich

They love Nicho's application but have found his weaknesses are too glaring. Its hard for Strauss to play a good game if he is not given an opportunity. His Casey is form is good and Nicho had his chance.

Nicho needs another 3 KG's of muscle, & more tenacity at the man & contest.

he's a great runner but we have a few taggers...

he has to get more aggressive.

• Like 1

Nicho needs another 3 KG's of muscle, & more tenacity at the man & contest.

he's a great runner but we have a few taggers...

he has to get more aggressive.

I have an ever changing relationship with Nicho;

i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him.

tumblr_ln6ma5PK1I1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I have an ever changing relationship with Nicho;

i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him, i rate him, i don't rate him.

tumblr_ln6ma5PK1I1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

imo, he's a great trainer & fitness wise, but to me he hasn't grown into a man, Yet. a bit like tom scully at the moment. undersized & under strength. And not aggressive enough, probably because of those 2 things.

• Like 2

Outs: Jetta, Viney and Clark

In: Mckenzie, Sella, (Nicholson, Blease, Rodan)

McKenzie is obvious for Viney

Sella has height and can fill any Tall role forward or back for Clark

Then we basically replacing Jetta. With the three named all have pros and cons.

Maybe favouring Blease, for his pace and his good game on weekend in the VFL. We had enough goal kickers so would

go againts Rodan. Maybe we looking for another midfield runner.

• Like 1

JACK WATTS MUST PLAY FORWARD THIS WEEK!

IT'S TIME DAMMIT! IT'S TIME!

tumblr_lwf8uaoPCB1qbrfrz.gif

I totally agree, I would love to at least know the ratoinale behind Neeld's refusal to do this. Now that Clarke is out the idea is not so flash though, I would like to see him in there with Clark, Dawes, Howe and maybe big maxy all in there, would rather not get a better defender on him

• Like 1

outs-clark, viney, jetta

ins-rodan, blease, mckenzie

fb- terlich frawley garland

hb- watts mcdonald grimes

c- trengove mckenzie rodan

hf- howe pedersen evans

ff- byrnes gawn tapscott

foll- jamar jones sylvia

int- bail, m.jones, davey (sub blease)

i think that rodan has been harshly dealt with thus far. would like to see what he can do with a whole game in a side that should be up and about.

blease should be a good impact sub, super quick but his lack of endurance is well documented.

pedersen to stick to forward role, gawn pinch hitting

if pedersen ineffective, swap with watts

Looks like the best options Older D.

However swapping Mckenzie for Viney is like trading in your Merc for a Chery.

But The options are probably low.

haha ide swap a merc for a chevy anyday , chevy = grunt

In Mckenzie Strauss Spencer

Out Clark Jetta Viney

Spencer for Clark. We can leave Gawn at full forward and Spencer can chop out Jamar and Pederson

Strauss for Jetta

Mckenzie for Viney.

The only other possible change i would make is Rodan in for Pederson, as this will give us another crumber and onballer.

Spencer can cover for pederson in the forward ruck contests.