• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jesse Hogan

dazzledavey36

I actually think Tom scully has gone backwards a mile since he was at Melbourne, which is fantastic haha but it must be hard, if the players are drafted to collingwood they learn off swan, thomas, pendelbury,if it's geelong they learn off selwood, bartel, corey, enright, Being able to learn off stars of the game on a daily basis and having their support in the game would make a huge difference.

Scully is averaging 15 disposals, 5 of which are clangers which has him equal 3rd for the most clangers in the competition. His ave supercoach score ranks him 17th on the GWS list. Great return on 50K a match.

• Like 1

Told he barracked for the demons, I'm hanging my hope on that fact...if its true

I think you'll find that people are confusing him with the journalist Jesse Hogan. He is the one who supports Melbourne.

It'll come down to where we are at in 2015. If we are on the rise, he would likely stay. If we are still a mess....

• Like 1

If only we could fast forward to R1 2014

Clark (26yo, 200cm, 103kg), Hogan (19yo, 195cm, 100kg) and Dawes (25yo, 193cm, 105kgs) in attack with Gawn (22yo, 208cm, 111kg) resting forward.

Clark and Hogan are both as comfortable in the midfield as they are in the goalsquare and could swittch between those roles ie Full Forward and High Centre Half Forward. There are not many teams that have 2 key defenders who are comfortable in the goal square and in the midfield. Dawes' role would be to stay inside 50 and contest, mark a few and bring the rest to ground and lock it in. 3 talls may seem top heavy but Clark and Hogan are exceptionally athletic for key forwards. Hogan will have had his rookie pre season plus one more and a full season in the VFL.

That my fellow Dees fans looks like the makings of a darn good forward line and would be the envy of quite a few clubs.

Hopefully we can see it in action this year minus Hogan.

Edited by demoniac
  • Like 4

If only we could fast forward to R2014

Clark (26yo, 200cm, 103kg), Hogan (19yo, 195cm, 100kg) and Dawes (25yo, 193cm, 105kgs) in attack with Gawn (22yo, 208cm, 111kg) resting forward.

Clark and Hogan are both as comfortable in the midfield as they are in the goalsquare and could swittch between those roles ie Full Forward and High Centre Half Forward. There are not many teams that have 2 key defenders who are comfortable in the goal square and in the midfield. Dawes' role would be to stay inside 50 and contest, mark a few and bring the rest to ground and lock it in. 3 talls may seem top heavy but Clark and Hogan are exceptionally athletic for key forwards. Hogan will have had his rookie pre season plus one more and a full season in the VFL.

That my fellow Dees fans looks like the makings of a darn good forward line and would be the envy of quite a few clubs.

Need to get it down there first

• Like 3

Yes but we need to start winning our fair share of clearances out of the middle, to capitalise on our strength

• Like 1

The hope:

Terlich T Mcd Garland

Tynan Frawley Grimes

Toumpas Viney Josh Kelly (2013 draft)

Sylvia Clark Howe

Blease Hogan Watts

Gawn Trengove N. Jones

Int: Jordie Mckenzie, Kent, Strauss, Taggert.

Depth

Backs: Nicholson, Jetta, Pedersen

Mids: Magner, Barry, Evans

Fwds: Tapscott, Dawes

Ruck: Jamar

??? Sellar, J Macd, Byrnes, Gillies, Davis, Davey, Bail, spencer, Dunn,

XX Fitzpatrick, Rodan

2013 recruits - mid, mid, mid. (Josh Kelly is our target... best under 18 player since COTCHIN).

• Like 2

can't wait til round 3 next year when posters are saying hogan is a dud and we should have picked (insert whatever rookie in the comp is playing well)

Hogan has attack on the football... This is what it is all about, it is what we lack and it's what makes dominant football players.

Players who attack the football. - Selwood, Hurley, Clark, Carey, Brown, Viney, Darling, Voss, Wines, Sloane

It's only my opinion, but I'd be very surprised if Hogan didn't become a dominant player.

I look on at both Essendon and Port Adelaide with envy when watch Hurley and Wines.

These players who hunt the football aggressively and impact every contest, that is why all the above players are soo damn good.

• Like 2

The likelihood is that we are going to have a very, very high pick - or two, if the afl are generous and actually feel like supporting us - in 2013.

We need midfielders to get the ball down there, as yes, a tall trio like Clark, Dawes and Hogan does (on paper) seem very threatening.

We should be looking at Kelly, Billings, etc ahead of Boyd, who will be a star but we have so many tall forwards he may be surplus to our requirements.

Free agency may also be a factor - if Sylvia wants out and we can somehow convince Thomas to come in ($$$$) - as well as possible want-aways like Watts and Frawley.

Midfielders can be found but he likes of Hogan are a rarity.

we need to forget the draft this year. trade our top picks for established A grade midfielders. np point getting a couple of 18 year olds in teh draft just to have them take a couple of years to develop, ala Toumpas. the club needs to rise quickly. theres enough kids. add two gun midfielfders to our fwd line and we are away again. the turnaround wont take as long as many think

• Like 1

a couple of top shelf mids coming in to the side will also encourage our current players to stick around. there will be light at the end of the tunnel. otherwise i fear viney , hogan, frawley etc will get out as soon as they can. im sure they like the club but they also want a good footy career. how could we realistically expect them to turn down an offer from collingwood etc at the rate we are going at the moment.

trade the draft picks Neeld!

Which top shelf mids are going to want to come to us?

Some players (Viney, Wines) can have an impact straight away it's about picking kids ready to go rather than players who may look great but will need a couple of years to develop. I'm glad we got Toumpas but next draft we need to focus on players who can go from round 1. They don't have to dominate straight away but they do need to be able to compete.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Which top shelf mids are going to want to come to us?

Some players (Viney, Wines) can have an impact straight away it's about picking kids ready to go rather than players who may look great but will need a couple of years to develop. I'm glad we got Toumpas but next draft we need to focus on players who can go from round 1. They don't have to dominate straight away but they do need to be able to compete.

Well we did get Clark and Dawes so you never know. I think we should throw good money at a top mid, ideally young and experienced but most likely through free agency.

We need an injection of pace and footy smarts in the middle. If we can add an A grader or 2 to Viney, Toumpas, Trengove, Grimes and Jones then surely we can start shooting up the ladder.

In terms of free agents, it has to be Thomas for mine.

Throw the chequebook at him - if Sylvia and Davey both go we should have a heap of space in the cap.

If Ellis was showing any signs of ever being fit, I'd like him too, but the guy just misses far too many games.

What about that Dion Prestia from the Suns. I read he will be coming out of contract, I would like to add him to our list..

I think I read that he was a Melbourne fan growing up to..

Be good to add a top quality Midfielder to our group.. Do you think we could get Swan and Thomas?

Be nice if they wanted out of the Filth!!!

Well we did get Clark and Dawes so you never know. I think we should throw good money at a top mid, ideally young and experienced but most likely through free agency.

We need an injection of pace and footy smarts in the middle. If we can add an A grader or 2 to Viney, Toumpas, Trengove, Grimes and Jones then surely we can start shooting up the ladder.

Clark came before the club fell off the cliff (yes I know it was after 186 but there was still hope a new coach could turn things around) and Dawes was basically kicked out of Collingwood. You never know what a wad of cash will do but I'll give you strong odds Thomas will not be playing for Melbourne next year.

Clark came before the club fell off the cliff (yes I know it was after 186 but there was still hope a new coach could turn things around) and Dawes was basically kicked out of Collingwood. You never know what a wad of cash will do but I'll give you strong odds Thomas will not be playing for Melbourne next year.

cannot imagine it

it would be like Leonardo Di Caprio turning down Quentin Tarantino to star in a season of 'Home and Away'

• Like 5

What we need is a crumber. I know Clark and Hogan are mobile talls, but we need someone with x-factor who can find it on the deck. It's then a supremely dangerous forwardline. We should be going for a FA midfielder next year and then another midfielder or two, plus that crumber or even a second in the ND. This is the missing element of our forward set up.

If Gawn can come in and at the very least give first use to our midfield half the time that will improve the midfield. The other thing missing is a small defender. I know Garland can play that role, but believe he is best used as a third tall and rebounding defender. I don't think Strauss has the leg-speed for the position, so it's to FA, ND or the trade table.

The other important piece of the puzzle is signing Frawley up. Do it now MFC. He's having a [censored] year. Get him to recommit. He is the lynchpin of our defence when on song. With less defensive inside 50s to deal with (hopefully), he'll find his form again.

Anyway, sorry to digress. Cannot wait for Hogan to debut. He won't get it though unless our midfield improves. I'm glad he's not playing this season. VFL development and gaining confidence in Casey is much preferable to shooting the kid's confidence at AFL level (hello, Jack Watts).

at least were talking positive for a change. makes me feel better after copping it for 3 years without another dee supporter in the otways

cannot imagine it

it would be like Leonardo Di Caprio turning down Quentin Tarantino to star in a season of 'Home and Away'

Peter Moore says hello, anythings possible in footy.