Cameron Schwab Resigns

Steamin Demon

So what? You're using a completely fictional number to make an obtuse point. If the payout was $7.00 instead of your suggested $2,000,000 then your point is dead in the water, and for all we know that's what it was. Again, I reiterate my point: stop making [censored] up.

I have had enough of RR crap, everyone should put him on ignore then he might get the hint and resign like Cam!!

• Like 3

I agree this needed to happen, and Connolly will be gone soon also I reckon.

But our main needs are on the oval. It has to do with coaching, playing and uniting in a confident footy environment. I can't see the Schwab removal/sacking having too much influence on the ground.

After 50 years and the emotion and passion running at the moment, I have now signed up to have my say. Got mixed thoughts on Schwabb going, has helped turn us around financially, and still struggle to understand how a CEO can direcly impact on playing performances. Never been a big fan of Neeld and the lack inspiration in his pre prematch address should be holding Neeld more accountable, not a CEO.

I have always thought that the little turd Chris Connoly was behind some of the back room stir ups, still think he had numbers on himself coming over and coaching us, thank god he never did, hopefully the new CEO will give him the flick.

Just had an interesting call from the MFC, I had another call coming in and had to cut short the person from the club short but suspect that they were chasing why I hadn't renewed my membership this year. Call what ever you like, but is my own personal protest on a $500k fine from the AFL when the club chose to cave in and accept it and not fight it, think what we could have done with an extra $500k ! Just thought the timing of the call was interesting in that it was not that long after Schwabb standing down, wonder if there has been a directive internally to start following up with non paid up members to see if attitude has changed now that the 1st sacraficial lamb has found the chopping block. Had the leaders called the AFL's bluff and challenged the handing down of the fine when the club was not found guilty we could have saved a lot of money.

Oh yeah and before I forget, looking through this website, which I think is great, I am intrigued about the 3 faces on the right hand side at the top of the website. The other 5 are all legends for Melbourne, and it is insulting to have 3 that have done nothing to prove themselves in such prominence next to legends. The Ox better deserves to be there before them, fighting back from 3 knee reco's becuase of his passion for the club and the game, just wish that some of that past passion would rub off on them.

Spot on - where is David Neitz?

• Like 1

Thanks for you hard work and loyalty to the club Cameron.

Best of luck for the future.

You area diplomatic [censored]. The guy was cancer to our club, you know it. But now he's gone it's all thanks and good luck. Fark the corporate world is full of shite. Grow some balls and call it like it is

Good luck Cameron my ass

Don has given his all and is a vey capable and decent man however, the board must act now and find a new president to take us forward without the baggage Don carries.

Don has endured a lot over the past three years and needs a mental break. The decisions the board now makes is crucial in every which way.

It is paramount that our leadership changes at all Levels.

• Like 2

You area diplomatic tosser. The guy was cancer to our club, you know it. But now he's gone it's all thanks and good luck. Fark the corporate world is full of shite. Grow some balls and call it like it is

Good luck Cameron my ass

Some choose to be dignfied and respectful when the situation calls for it. Some choose to act like Neanderthal meatheads and hurl inappropriate and unnecessary abuse. Each to their own.
  • Like 9

Having left the Dees last year as a member and also a supporter for over 50 years and gone over to Richmond, I can't believe that Schwab is the root cause of MFC's problems.

I always said it is a cultural thing in that there are no MFC demographics. There was one forum member on here recently who said the club needed an urban or suburban supporter base where the club and players could reach out physically to that base. I agree, but how that could happen I don't know.

In my last year on this forum before being suspended from it for 12 months as Dees Dayz, Oct 2011 - Oct 2012, I was dead against the club going after Malthouse or any other Collingwood coach. Reaching out to Collingwood for football smarts was not very smart. Traditional MFC supporters should not have to cop that.

Chasing Clarkson was the right thing to do, otherwise an ex MFC stalwart was needed. After Stynes united the club, the club should have awarded the coaching position to a Demon and closed up and tightened, a la Hawthorn. And have a look at the current assistant coaching staff... you have to be kidding me.

Then to shaft Junior Mac, then toss other senior players for the likes of Rodan, Gillies etc.... well, is that an ex Collingwood coaching death squad approach? Any wonder the players have no heart to play for the MFC. Any wonder there is no on-ground leadership. That cannot be paid for or drafted. It has to be nurtured in a tough and uncompromising way.

I was always shouted down on this forum when I doubted the benefit of tanking for draft picks. Especially with MFC's previous ten year or so record of poor picks and their inability to turn high draft picks into successful players, like Sylvia, Morton as a couple of examples.

The term "winning culture" became dirty words on this forum through 2009 onwards. Poo-Poo'd by people I no longer see posting on this forum. This forum is lucky they are currently in hiding.

Anyway, not my problem. I am now a Richmond Football Club member. An old-aged one, not prepared to waste my life further with MFC.

But on the other hand, I wish MFC every success if they can extract themselves from this [censored]. The AFL does really need them to be successful.

Edited by Tigers Dayz

You'll be back along with the good times

Having left the Dees last year as a member and also a supporter for over 50 years and gone over to Richmond, I can't believe that Schwab is the root cause of MFC's problems.

I always said it is a cultural thing in that there are no MFC demographics. There was one forum member on here recently who said the club needed an urban or suburban supporter base where the club and players could reach out physically to that base. I agree, but how that could happen I don't know.

In my last year on this forum before being suspended from it for 12 months as Dees Dayz, Oct 2011 - Oct 2012, I was dead against the club going after Malthouse or any other Collingwood coach. Reaching out to Collingwood for football smarts was not very smart. Traditional MFC supporters should not have to cop that.

Chasing Clarkson was the right thing to do, otherwise an ex MFC stalwart was needed. After Stynes united the club, the club should have awarded the coaching position to a Demon and closed up and tightened, a la Hawthorn. And have a look at the current assistant coaching staff... you have to be kidding me.

Then to shaft Junior Mac, then toss other senior players for the likes of Rodan, Gillies etc.... well, is that an ex Collingwood coaching death squad approach? Any wonder the players have no heart to play for the MFC. Any wonder there is no on-ground leadership. That cannot be paid for or drafted. It has to be nurtured in a tough and uncompromising way.

I was always shouted down on this forum when I doubted the benefit of tanking for draft picks. Especially with MFC's previous ten year or so record of poor picks and their inability to turn high draft picks into successful players, like Sylvia, Morton as a couple of examples.

The term "winning culture" became dirty words on this forum through 2009 onwards. Poo-Poo'd by people I no longer see posting on this forum. This forum is lucky they are currently in hiding.

Anyway, not my problem. I am now a Richmond Football Club member. An old-aged one, not prepared to waste my life further with MFC.

But on the other hand, I wish MFC every success if they can extract themselves from this [censored]. The AFL needs does really need them to be successful.

Personally I heard rumours but I think most of it was a load of crap. Ive met Cameron once and he was a nice, well mannered and considered guy. Ive also met some of the players who I thought were utter D1ckheads so I dont automatically believe everything Ive heard about what happened here.

Cameron was sacked basically because someone had to be sacked to release the pressure valve a little. It will mean nothing - other than the fact that the AFL will likely install their own replacement.It may actually be determinetal considering he probably has established connections that we might have been relying on to get sponsors although this is just a guess.

There is way more wrong with where we are at than just Cameron.

I think Don has been ok myself. I dont pay my membership to hear him recite war and peace word for word with perfect elecution. I think he has been ok.

The whole exercise just comes off again to me as desperation. Replacing people wont change the fact that we have a c grade list and a game plan none of them understand.

Some choose to be dignfied and respectful when the situation calls for it. Some choose to act like Neanderthal meatheads and hurl inappropriate and unnecessary abuse. Each to their own.

No some choose to call it like it is, others prefer to blow raspberries out their ass

Each to their own

Haha, I remember this guy! ^^

Hope you're happy barracking for Richmond. Me, I'd feel like a dirty sellout. Enjoy your cheap success, wonder who you'll start barracking for when the Tiges hit the bottom of the cycle again some time in the future?

• Like 16

You area diplomatic [censored]. The guy was cancer to our club, you know it. But now he's gone it's all thanks and good luck. Fark the corporate world is full of shite. Grow some balls and call it like it is

Good luck Cameron my ass

TO+_ac00612ee1654337b17a4166d1df816a.gif

• Like 1

Personally I heard rumours but I think most of it was a load of crap. Ive met Cameron once and he was a nice, well mannered and considered guy. Ive also met some of the players who I thought were utter D1ckheads so I dont automatically believe everything Ive heard about what happened here.

Cameron was sacked basically because someone had to be sacked to release the pressure valve a little. It will mean nothing - other than the fact that the AFL will likely install their own replacement.It may actually be determinetal considering he probably has established connections that we might have been relying on to get sponsors although this is just a guess.

There is way more wrong with where we are at than just Cameron.

I think Don has been ok myself. I dont pay my membership to hear him recite war and peace word for word with perfect elecution. I think he has been ok.

The whole exercise just comes off again to me as desperation. Replacing people wont change the fact that we have a c grade list and a game plan none of them understand.

We do t have a C grade list we have a C grade midfield.
  • Like 1

But on the other hand, I wish MFC every success if they can extract themselves from this [censored]. The AFL does really need them to be successful.

you are kidding....what a nerve...
  • Like 4

Sorry Hardnut but don't understand your comment. We have not just been beaten the past two weeks, we have a percentage of 28% and you allow the players to abrogate responsibility? Who else ran out on the field?

Understand your confusion D.

Try this - there are some 800 AFL players and all of them had to compete fiercely just to get into a Club. I don't doubt any of them desperately want to win and to keep playing. In the most basic of terms, I can only put poor performances such as ours down to coaching.

I am not totally letting players off the hook, but I am using my eyes!

• Like 1

Someone ban this idiot.

Fark off

We do t have a C grade list we have a C grade midfield.

LOL - I dont want to go through the list and demonstrate the players that would not get a game anywhere else because its nasty

i should have read this before I liked it... Loyalty maketh the man. see ya

• Like 1

You have made your bed. Disappointing, but probably not surprising that you choose to return at this time. Brave stuff.

With all the clubs to choose from and you went to Richmond?!?!?! hahahaha!

• Like 2

I'm not at the club every day, are you?

So taking that into account, I trust the MFC to know better than me, or Range Rover, about what happens inside the club.

The PM RR sent you was a classless act mate, but don't let one poster going about things the wrong way get your back up to such an extent that it clouds your judgement. Our powerbrokers have handled themselves poorly, all this flip flopping is not how you run an organisation. They stuffed up by not sacking the CEO at the same time as they did the coach. With that done the new coaching regime comes in with clean air, and if they are savvy enough, a better chance of weeding out the real troublemakers within the playing group,rather than those who misguidedly became involved in a conflict they shouldn't have due to loyalty to their coach. There were no real winners in the conflict between our fomer coach and CEO just as RR Isn't a winner today. None of this has helped the MFC, so we all lose.

• Like 4