Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

OUR CLUB NEEDS UNITY - Support the club - Rally at our open training session - Friday 12th April - 9:45am - Gosch's Paddock

Wizza

"If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit."

William J. Clinton

Good old William J. Clinton hit the nail on the head here. The easy thing to do would be to turn our back on the club and pretend all this never happened. Well guess what? It is happening. It's how we all deal with it that matters. It's easy to give up, it's easy to stay home and pretend like we don't care, but the reality is, Red & Blue runs through our veins and no matter how much we deny it, we all love the Melbourne Football Cub.

I've supported this club for over 20 years and i'm not giving up, i'm never quitting on them , EVER!!!!!

I PROPOSE WE ALL GATHER TOGETHER AS ONE AT OUR NEXT TRAINING SESSION.

LETS SHOW THE PLAYERS HOW MUCH THE CLUB MEANS TO US.

I understand that the majority would be reluctant to partake in such an extreme act but I honestly think that this is the only way we can get through to the players. Imagine the scene, Imagine the headlines!!!! Our club needs help, I wont stand by and do nothing because I love this club way too much. I WILL NEVER QUIT.

I understand that people work during the day, but would you turn up to training if we made the grand final? Don't kid yourself, this is more important. We are talking about saving our Club.

Our Club Needs Unity.

Who's with me?

• Like 21

Wizza, [censored] fantastic idea mate. lets get this done. the media will have the knives out this week. lets give them something back to show the club isnt finished. for the boys to rock up to a session at the paddock with a few thouand supporters there it would be a massive show of support.

round 1 was the time to show our patience had run out. rd 3 is the time to get around the boys and do what we can to pull them through this [censored].

Edited by Whispering_Jack
language
  • Like 1

its too easy for the supporters to opt out of this and fall away in droves. thats what all the other clubs in the past with poor performances have done. lets make a statement. we are bigger and better than that. and although we arent going to tolerate the poor efforts from the admin, coaches, players, we as a club will not meekly fall away. the supporters are the one constant of a footy club. everyone else comes and goes but this is our club.

Could t agree more we need to stand together.

I am playing golf today and I am wearing my Melbourne shirt and carrying my Melbourne bag proudly. First smart ass is getting PUNCHED IN THE FACE.

• Like 10

That the club needs unity is obvious. It's a vital ingredient for a successful club and one that's been missing at ours for a long time. On and off for nearly 50 years.

Nice sentiments in the OP. I'm not sure how to achieve it but I know for sure that a slash and burn approach won't help either.

We need constructive thinking and not some of the destructive things that have proliferated on this site.

I don't know what we should be ashamed of more - the abysmal performance of the team or the conduct and behaviour of some of our club's so called supporters.

• Like 14

I dont know how to get it done WJ but without a doubt it would be a massive statement to the media and most importantly , the players. we showed our frustration last week but now its time to get around the boys. they arent that [censored] and its not that they dont want to try. i refuse to believe it. they wouldnt have got to TAC cup if they were quitters. Its complete lack of confidence, trust in each other, trust in the "game plan" and [censored] poor morale. boycotting the club will only make things worse.

In times of adversity its important to attack the situation in a way that in years to come you can look back and be proud of the way you fought through it.

its going to be a hollow feeling when the Dees win a prelim and as a supporter you threw out your membership card a few years before.

The club will bounce back.......providing some tough decisions are made this year by competent people...and I for one want to be able to say i stuck at it.

I get the argument about "we've been patient long enough", and i am in full agreement with those that say heads must roll, but i implore everyone to stand by the club. We are the club. CEOs come and go, but us supporters ARE the MFC.

Head over the footy guys. Lets turn this adversity into something ew can all look back on and be proud of the way it was confronted. Thats the message we want the players to hear and i believe every aspect of the club needs to apporach this year the same way.

• Like 2

That the club needs unity is obvious. It's a vital ingredient for a successful club and one that's been missing at ours for a long time. On and off for nearly 50 years.

Nice sentiments in the OP. I'm not sure how to achieve it but I know for sure that a slash and burn approach won't help either.

We need constructive thinking and not some of the destructive things that have proliferated on this site.

I don't know what we should be ashamed of more - the abysmal performance of the team or the conduct and behaviour of some of our club's so called supporters.

The destructive things are happening right now at the club. Here it is only the obvious reactions from supporters. Why dont you come out and say what you think we have to do rather than being neither here or there? Talking like a politician you are. You are the most influential person on this forum. No need to sit on the fence. Edited by Muvver Jones
  • Like 2

I don't think sacking Neeld now is the answer

I've got no problems with supporters being upset and asking questions of the club though....

I've preached unity for a while but if some admin have to go - so be it....

These tough times will see the club come out stronger and unified or we will crumble to nothing.... Get around the club boys and girls

• Like 3

'Jack', having a divisive CEO is destructive and has been since he has come back, but impossible since the Geelong debacle. The constructive thing to do is to, in consultation with the AFL find the right man for the job and also at a minimum get a stay on the fine so we don't have that hanging over our heads.

We can't let the current situation go on for one more day, that would be destructive.

Long time reader, first time poster. We obviously do all still care for and love this club. That's why we are here still. The open training session would be Wednesday or Thursday I assume? If we can find out what time, it would be a great show of support if the players ran out and saw a large contingent dressed in the red and blue.

I've never been to a training session, and rarely get to games, however yesterday I made the move down from south australia (don't worry people, I am Victorian originally!!). I'd be very supportive of getting to a training this week with the scarf and guernsey on. The naysayers will say the players don't deserve any show of affection or sympathy. However, it really is obvious right now that they need some support. The media, opposition clubs and supporters are sensing blood, and we must take steps to unite and show the players that their cause isn't lost.

I feel like I'm going through a teenage break-up right now, as all I can think of is how sad I am the club is in this position. Right now it is easy to throw the hands in the air and say you're done, and it would take a lot of character as supporters, but lets not forget the night is darkest just before the dawn and if we keep together now after this latest disappointment, we WILL appreciate it a lot more when things turn around.

One quote that springs to mind at this point in time is from 19th century literacy critic John Churton Collins.

"In prosperity, our friends know us, in adversity, we know our friends"

• Like 5

The destructive things are happening right now at the club. Here it is only the obvious reactions from supporters. Why dont you come out and say what you think we have to do rather than being neither here or there? Talking like a politician you are. You are the most influential person on this forum. No need to sit on the fence.

I don't think he was neither here or there or sitting on the fence.

He said the club needs to do something constructive and not just bag everyone in sight as some flogs around here would do.

Sounds right to me.

• Like 1

I went for a very somber ride this morning, but I'm glad I did because I've cleared my head.

I thought to myself last night like no doubt everyone else did, why do we put ourselves through this.

My conclusion is, is that I love the club. I have a 2.5 yr old daughter, and what would would it say to her about her dad if I just quit supporting the team when it got tough.

MFC you have my support. Although it's going to hurt, I'm going to be a proud supporter. If the club stinks, I'll cop it and provide as much encouragement in a hope that one day we might be competitive again!

Go Dees, stick it up em!!!

• Like 3

Could t agree more we need to stand together.

I am playing golf today and I am wearing my Melbourne shirt and carrying my Melbourne bag proudly. First smart ass is getting PUNCHED IN THE FACE.

Mate , Melbourne cant be defended now, I too played golf yesterday and you just have to joke about it .. its just so bad, thats all you can do, please don't drag out your mashie and belt someone with !! :-)

There must be a way to make this idea happen. The players need to know we will never quit! They need something left-field to raise their spirits and their self-belief. This concept of Wizza's is something that is achievable from a supporter point of view. We can turn the tide with a statement of Unity in our darkest hour. All it needs is 200 to put their hands up, to turn up and be very vocal about why we are there.

• Like 1