• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

I'm not supporting Neeld but I'm trying to be a realist. If we sack him now, can anyone calling for his head really tell me who is going to replace him? How the team will all of a sudden improve? And where the money for the change is going to come from?

I think we have to keep him till seasons end because of these questions.

I was screaming to sack him after the game yesterday but if you stop and logically think about it, with who and how can the club do it. I think the immediate changes need to be with the support staff. For example how long has Royal been at this club and what is he doing to improve us?

Drastic changes aren't possible right now (as much as this pains me to say) so let's start attacking this cancer in manageable size portions.

It has got to the point that we simply have nothing to lose by putting in a temporary coach and sacking Neeld. If we fail to do this imminently we will be looking at a mass walk out of players come seasons end. I promise this is the reality of the situation.

• Like 3

It has got to the point that we simply have nothing to lose by putting in a temporary coach and sacking Neeld. If we fail to do this imminently we will be looking at a mass walk out of players come seasons end. I promise this is the reality of the situation.

Considering that we have just one free agent and one unrestricted free agent, how do you propose this um, "mass walkout", will be effected? You should never make promises you can't keep.

• Like 1

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post).

Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

im still here big fella

but my view wont be liked and will be kicked to shreds by some silly statistic

if you dont see both sides of the coin whats the point

Edited by jazza
  • Like 1

Considering that we have just one free agent and one unrestricted free agent, how do you propose this um, "mass walkout", will be effected? You should never make promises you can't keep.

Are you serious?? 12 players are out of contract. Other players in contract simply ask to be put up for trade.

im still here big fella

but my view want be liked and will be kicked to shreds by some silly statistic

if you dont see both sides of the coin whats the point

Only one stat matters in this game 'jazza' and that is the scoreboard. It's not particularly silly.

Unfortunately like it or not Neeld is now a dead man walking in football terms, he will know this and the players will. Whether it's fair or even right he won't last the season. The new FD structure will need to be put in place and I would expect to see that happen before any move is made on Neeld. It will be bye by the bye.

• Like 1

Are you serious?? 12 players are out of contract. Other players in contract simply ask to be put up for trade.

Ok, of those 12 uncontracted players (is there a list available?), how many are likely to be asked to re-sign. how many would be picked up by a club should they decide to walk, and how many are likely to be delisted anyway? If you are so confident that they are planning a mass exodus, perhaps you could name names (it's easy to make sweeping statements)?

As for the contracted players, I believe that the club can simply refuse a trade request, yes?

Ok, of those 12 uncontracted players (is there a list available?), how many are likely to be asked to re-sign. how many would be picked up by a club should they decide to walk, and how many are likely to be delisted anyway? If you are so confident that they are planning a mass exodus, perhaps you could name names (it's easy to make sweeping statements)?

As for the contracted players, I believe that the club can simply refuse a trade request, yes?

I know as a fact the Carlton are all over Watts. Watts is very seriously considering. It is well documented that Frawley wants out and will almost certainly leave at seasons end. Three clubs have already approached Sylvia who is considering offers. There have also been enquiries about a number of our mid tier players who are out of contact. Neeld has split and antagonised the playing group. He is the problem. Hardtrack I am not exaggerating or making things up. I am only naming names as I trying to do my bit to help save the club.

Only one stat matters in this game 'jazza' and that is the scoreboard. It's not particularly silly.

Unfortunately like it or not Neeld is now a dead man walking in football terms, he will know this and the players will. Whether it's fair or even right he won't last the season. The new FD structure will need to be put in place and I would expect to see that happen before any move is made on Neeld. It will be bye by the bye.

if thats the case 17 coaches would be sacked every year

I know as a fact the Carlton are all over Watts. Watts is very seriously considering. It is well documented that Frawley wants out and will almost certainly leave at seasons end. Three clubs have already approached Sylvia who is considering offers. There have also been enquiries about a number of our mid tier players who are out of contact. Neeld has split and antagonised the playing group. He is the problem. Hardtrack I am not exaggerating or making things up. I am only naming names as I trying to do my bit to help save the club.

if carlton is all over watts then perhaps they can swap mitch robinson for him

if frawley wants out, we can swap him for gibbs

sylvia for gartlett

jobs done

Edited by jazza
  • Like 2

Ok, then of the three you have mentioned, two are players many posters (not myself, by the way) are suggesting should be delisted anyway (Watts and Sylvia). The only real documenting of Frawley's desire to leave the club that I have seen has been on these forums and was very tenuously linked to some altercation between himself and Sylvia in a nightclub and that no-one else seems to have seen or heard about... it was certainly never written up anywhere but on D'Land and Big Footy. Of course, if you have links to more reliable sources, then I'm all eyes.

In some ways, I will be pleased if he has split and antagonised the playing group, as they needed waking up... if they are upset over having to do some hard work and temper their social activities, then I'm ok with that. If they are upset over changes to the leadership group in a team that had no leadership being displayed, then I am ok with that as well.. however, if you are privy to information that says it is for other reasons, then please do tell.

• Like 1

We will have a $1.5 mil deficit this year. While Jackson makes it clear we can cover that, he is equally clear that we cannot have another loss like it in 2014. People on it here want to equivocate. Simply put, we cannot survive unless drastic action is taken. Get the wool out of your eyes.

There needs to be a clear strategy, which can be implemented. That is Jackson's brief. He also knows that we cannot wait for another "generation" of players to come through. The "market" must see a discernible change in the MFC very soon. Don't kid yourselves. We are currently on very perilous ground and the AFL wants to protect its brand, regardless of what anyone on here thinks of Demetriou.

• Like 5

Get the guy at Casey as interim coach Rohan Welsh, at least he has a team playing as a team. Were expected to finish bottom and he pulled it together pretty quickly.

I like this - drop Neeld to Casey and give Welsh a run in the seniors! It's just form, Mark.

Cost neutral.

Well, if only...

Edited by robbiefrom13
  • Like 1

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post).

Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

I hope P-Man you differentiate between Neeld supporters & people who don't like quick reactionary decisions being made.

I have been consistent since the Essendon game

Prior to the Suns game

• We have a shite midfield - part inherited but also part created by roles
  • I think it was BH I responded to in Round 3 when I said I was losing faith in Neeld, but felt he needed to stay
  • I saw positives against Carlton as we had a dip and seemed desperate but just weren't good enough
  • D'landers picking and twisting things said in a press conference for their argument needs to be defended and clarified for fair topical debate. Same with Stats (Yes Stuie this is directed at you particularly)

Post Suns Game

• I am no longer losing faith in Neeld the faith is extinguished as of quarter time yesterday
  • He is done the team is hesitant and the players are in self preservation mode to scared to make a mistake and make a decision to leave their man and attack the ball, block, sheperd, run to create space or any of your basic 1%ers
  • Lack of inspiration to have the boys up and firing at first bounce
  • Failing to put a player/big man in a floating role till the final quarter and stem the flow. This needed to be done 10 mins into the game
  • The midfield and list still is not top notch but they are that devoid of confidence yesterday they failed to bring the non-negotiables which do not require talent
  • Whatever the club does will cost money, Neeld will not see out the contract so no harm in cutting ties now, whatever the issue is between Neeld and the team is irreversable and action must be taken ASAP
  • The process to select a new coach needs to be done properly and with no stone unturned, this is our last chance and the sooner we start the process the better
  • Peter Jackson's comments over the weekend say a lot really, all facets of the club are a rabble and just because you spend more money than you did before does not mean you will achive success if it is not spent in the correct areas
  • The decision on Neeld is not about finances, yes he has to be paid out but if this continues the hope will be gone, crowd numbers will dwindle even further and the financial side of the argument becomes irrelevant either way
  • We are on our knees and no we are not at Fitzroy stage yet but all hope is almost lost, without hope we have nothing no reason to follow AFL (It's Dees or WAFL for me), no reason to tell our kids to follow the Dees and with no hope no reason to give financially to the club with money which continues to be wasted despite best intentions.
  • Immediate stability needs to be implemented and the CEO/Board need to do that now, show some respect to the senior players we have and invite leadership and input where you sit down and ask them to raise their issues, which can be either addressed or the reasons certain targets/requirements can't be met. Respect given to Sylvia & Frawley may see ownership/committment/buy in to the cause before their agents get offers from outside to good to knock back

The next 6 months is the most important in the clubs history and we need to get everything right. At least we have someone in the CEO position who is somewhat unbiased at this stage to make correct decisions and save us from the point of being permanently irrelevant.

• Like 6

We will have a $1.5 mil deficit this year. While Jackson makes it clear we can cover that, he is equally clear that we cannot have another loss like it in 2014. People on it here want to equivocate. Simply put, we cannot survive unless drastic action is taken. Get the wool out of your eyes.

There needs to be a clear strategy, which can be implemented. That is Jackson's brief. He also knows that we cannot wait for another "generation" of players to come through. The "market" must see a discernible change in the MFC very soon. Don't kid yourselves. We are currently on very perilous ground and the AFL wants to protect its brand, regardless of what anyone on here thinks of Demetriou.

Agree Iva with your sentiments. We are well behind the 8 ball.

If the AFL are serious about a viable 18 side competition with 10 teams in Victoria then Jackson needs to be bold an not waver in getting this Club back on track.

IMO, the AFL will need to get behind the new administration in both financial, human and player resources.

I can't believe the depth of the problems at MFC and how long they have been going on for.

• Like 1

Ok, then of the three you have mentioned, two are players many posters (not myself, by the way) are suggesting should be delisted anyway (Watts and Sylvia). The only real documenting of Frawley's desire to leave the club that I have seen has been on these forums and was very tenuously linked to some altercation between himself and Sylvia in a nightclub and that no-one else seems to have seen or heard about... it was certainly never written up anywhere but on D'Land and Big Footy. Of course, if you have links to more reliable sources, then I'm all eyes.

In some ways, I will be pleased if he has split and antagonised the playing group, as they needed waking up... if they are upset over having to do some hard work and temper their social activities, then I'm ok with that. If they are upset over changes to the leadership group in a team that had no leadership being displayed, then I am ok with that as well.. however, if you are privy to information that says it is for other reasons, then please do tell.

Mate, my source is not this website or big footy. My source is a player manager who will not be happy me. I have been told Frawley's desire to leave is Neeld, just as Moloneys, just as Rivers.

Outside of this I find your comments bizarre.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 2

Mate, my source is not this website or big footy. My source is a player manager who will not be happy me. I have been told Frawley's desire to leave is Neeld, just as Moloneys, just as Rivers.

Outside of this I find your comments bizarre.

Hang on, you stated that Frawley's desire to leave the MFC is well documented... I simply asked where.

As for my other comments being bizarre, I just want a playing group that is prepared to work hard to advance themselves and the club. Can you tell me what leadership Moloney displayed when we really needed him to show it...I liked him, but he went missing far too often when he was really needed. Rivers wanted a chance to play finals... his nose may have been put out of joint by being dropped from the leadership group, but I think his primary reason would have been to play finals... so who would begrudge him moving to a team like Geelong?

• Like 1

Hang on, you stated that Frawley's desire to leave the MFC is well documented... I simply asked where.

As for my other comments being bizarre, I just want a playing group that is prepared to work hard to advance themselves and the club. Can you tell me what leadership Moloney displayed when we really needed him to show it...I liked him, but he went missing far too often when he was really needed. Rivers wanted a chance to play finals... his nose may have been put out of joint by being dropped from the leadership group, but I think his primary reason would have been to play finals... so who would begrudge him moving to a team like Geelong?

Believe what ever you want hardtrack. Convince yourself that Neeld is a good coach. I can't be bothered arguing with you. One little pointer for your future endeavours. When people leave organisations, what they say as their parting remarks rarely has anything to do with the truth and usually has everything to do with politics.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 4

Not all of us have been supporting Neeld as such. Some of us have been presenting an argument for patience and cool heads. Some of us have not belittled other posters in making these points. Interesting that you do exactly what you accuse others of doing. It's not necessarily weak to stay quiet and think things through before making a comment.

These are dark times for the club. Nothing is gained from hot-headed argument.

Let's keep it rational and support the club. If change is to be made let's make it for the right reasons, with good evidence to support the decision.

• Like 5

Believe what ever you want hardtrack. Convince yourself that Neeld is a good coach. I can't be bothered arguing with you. I little pointer for your future endeavours. When people leave organisations, what they say as their parting remarks rarely has anything to do with the truth and usually has everything to do with politics.

Yet you are still unable to support your assertion that Frawley's desire to leave the club is well documented.

I have no-where stated that I believe Neeld to be a good coach or a bad coach, that is your assumption... perhaps it makes it easier for you to put everyone in either the good coach/bad coach baskets? And a pointer for you as well GNF... if you are going to discuss these matters, please make sure you read the posts carefully... if you had, you just might just find that I never actually referred to any comments made by any player leaving the club.

Agree Iva with your sentiments. We are well behind the 8 ball.

If the AFL are serious about a viable 18 side competition with 10 teams in Victoria then Jackson needs to be bold an not waver in getting this Club back on track.

IMO, the AFL will need to get behind the new administration in both financial, human and player resources.

I can't believe the depth of the problems at MFC and how long they have been going on for.

Agree with you RR entirely.

The AFL would be greatly embarrassed by our position. We are non competitive and a non viewing TV option. That hurts the AFL. We are also unbalancing the ladder, by who we play.

I can see the AFL quietly "directing" other clubs to not poach MFC players this year.

I can see us getting not 1 PP but maybe 2 or even more depending on our finish to the year and where the PP's are placed. I don't think you would get that much argument from the other clubs given our situation and their need to keep the AFL happy.

I can see us getting a large AFL grant to pay off the extraordinaries this year, like the fine, the CEO termination , the Coach termination and any other staff terminations.

I can see some help from the AFL on sponsorship in some way.

I can see another favourable draw next year.

I can see the AFL leaning on certain personnel to join the club.

I can see Jackson staying on well after his suggested 6 months, to get the ship going the right way.

As I have said previously I think we are in bed with the AFL now and clearly need to be and this will provide a lot of help.

I pray to God Jackson gets the right people in place in the right structures and that they all do a brilliant job, that is our only hope.

• Like 11

Not all of us have been supporting Neeld as such. Some of us have been presenting an argument for patience and cool heads. Some of us have not belittled other posters in making these points. Interesting that you do exactly what you accuse others of doing. It's not necessarily weak to stay quiet and think things through before making a comment.

These are dark times for the club. Nothing is gained from hot-headed argument.

Let's keep it rational and support the club. If change is to be made let's make it for the right reasons, with good evidence to support the decision.

Crawf not trying to be rude, as we are all upset and extremely angry at present but our largest loss ever at the MCG in 150 years against essendon, west coasts highest ever score in a quarter in their history, Gold Coasts first win at the MCG and their highest winning margin in their history all of this within 7 rounds and you state we need good evidence to support the decision

Believe what ever you want hardtrack. Convince yourself that Neeld is a good coach. I can't be bothered arguing with you. I little pointer for your future endeavours. When people leave organisations, what they say as their parting remarks rarely has anything to do with the truth and usually has everything to do with politics.

youve definately missed the point of the mark neeld is a good coach people

you reasons for sacking him are not relevant

he WAS appointed to build a 3 year fitness base level. tick

he WAS appointed to keep young draft picks at reserve level until thier bodies were strong enough to COMPETE at senior level. tick

he had to get some average senior level players with ready made bodies to play this year to cover the learning period of the youngsters. tick

yesterday he attacked gws down the middle and by q/time this was proving a bad decision. they then changed game plan , i personally thought this was a sign of improved understanding of strategy by the players.unfortunately they were definately not good enough to carry out this exercise.

i have heard mn talk and it does nothing for me. but he WAS employed to do a job and so far has carried it out to the boards requirements

any statistic wont get him sacked . it will be the boards desire to see this rebuild through or else a complete walkout and members looking for a new board.

ps members with business background and 45 hours a week to donate to a football club are hard to find at this stage.

we havent been able to find them for 30 years, so please if you know 10 or 12 good available people let the club and present board know

Experience has advantages but is no panacea. It also tends to cost more. We should canvass the job widely and find the smartest candidate. Only interviewing two candidates last time was a huge mistake.

Our key problem has been our recruiting. If we get that right our other problems will gradually disappear. This is where we should be allocating much more of our resources. Overpaying for a coach like Paul Roos comes at the expense of a reduced budget for recruiting. We are running at a loss and are on like support from the AFL, so we cant afford both. I would prefer Leigh Tudor as coach with good recruits walking into the club than Roos and more of the same crud players that we have drafted in recent years.

i am not denying recruiting stuff ups at all. We all know that carnage.

But our last 2 coaches have come to us untried & we are now where we are.

It is time we went after a top dog who KNOWS how the ship must be run.

Jackson is stage 1 thankfully

• Like 1