• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

We wont lose any players if we land a Roos or Choco, regardless of whether Neeld finishes now or in August.

Edited by hogans_heroes

How do u know we won't lose any players hh?

I dont know.

Nobody knows.

I am just saying its highly unlikely that any player would wanrt to leave if we landed a coach the caliber of a Roos, Choco or Clarkson.

Add to that the fact we can offer more money than any other club by virtue of having barely any gun players and huge salary cap space.

We wont lose any players if we land a Roos or Choco, regardless of whether Neeld finishes now or in August.

How do we land a Roos or Choco, and keep players, if we don't know MN is gone beforehand?

I dont know.

Nobody knows.

I am just saying its highly unlikely that any player would wanrt to leave if we landed a coach the caliber of a Roos, Choco or Clarkson.

Add to that the fact we can offer more money than any other club by virtue of having barely any gun players and huge salary cap space.

Fair enough. What about Mark Harvey as a potential coach? Considering what he did at Freo he would be a good choice if we can't get Roos.

The sooner Neeld is gone the quicker we can start to work with the players to convince them that not all is doom and gloom at the club.

Because playing under an interim coach and a stand-in CEO will give them a clear picture of where we headed and fill them with security.

• Like 2

If we have a big loss to Freo surely he will be gone next week.

Robbo was tipping a press conference on Monday or Tuesday if there was a heavy defeat (80+) this weekend.

I've never felt quite this conflicted. I've never once wished for defeat, and still don't. But it is pretty plain that Neeld is doing more damage the longer he stays.

Edited by P_Man

Fair enough. What about Mark Harvey as a potential coach? Considering what he did at Freo he would be a good choice if we can't get Roos.

He got the 'a' at Freo for being nqr. We need very right.

• Like 1

Robbo was tipping a press conference on Monday or Tuesday if there was a heavy defeat (80+) this weekend.

I've never felt this conflicted. I've never once wished for defeat. But it is pretty plain that Neeld is doing damage the longer he stays.

I share this conflict with you. To be honest I used to hope we lost to get the draft picks ( there was a few of us back then!) but this is SO different. Im concerned about our survival and it feels to me like a slow death is fatal where as a fast fall may lead to a rebound. But who knows anymore. It reminds me of a part of a poem " In the middle of the road of my life I awoke in a dark wood where the true way way was wholly lost...."

I've never felt quite this conflicted. I've never once wished for defeat, and still don't. But it is pretty plain that Neeld is doing more damage the longer he stays.

Prove that.

The Richmond game was the best four quarter effort of the season, maybe since the Essendon game last year.

Other than specious reports about players leaving - what proof is there that Neeld is damaging the club.

He will go if he can't replicate the sort of effort we saw on the weekend but if losing is damaging...well, getting rid of Neeld won't suddenly make us win.

What damage and what proof?

• Like 3

Prove that.

The Richmond game was the best four quarter effort of the season, maybe since the Essendon game last year.

Other than specious reports about players leaving - what proof is there that Neeld is damaging the club.

He will go if he can't replicate the sort of effort we saw on the weekend but if losing is damaging...well, getting rid of Neeld won't suddenly make us win.

Well...if you're saying that since the Essendon game last year this one is the next best performance then that alone doesnt give me a great deal of confidence rpfc. Thats a long time between drinks.... and we still lost to team ranked somewhere between 6 and 11 by 6 goals where they had almost twice the number of scoring shots. I agree it looked better but thats partly because of how bad its been

Getting rid of Neeld may not make us suddenly win but Im struggling to imagine how it could possibly make us any worse.

• Like 3

Prove that.

Are you serious about what damage? It's been discussed ad bloody nauseum, do we really need to go over it? The complete disenchantment of senior players from the moment he walked in? Resulting in a couple of them walking due to what they have stated as issues with Neeld himself, and an overhaul of leadership with a captaincy appointment that has been a spectacular fail. List management and positional choices that have resulted in a brand of footy that brings an average of 100 less possessions a week, and where a loss of under 40 points to Richmond is hailed to such an extent that you'd be forgiven for thinking we had won. Now we are staring down the barrel of losing our three most talented players, and you ask what damage? Take your pick.

Ultimately, I care about on-field performance. Really, what other proof do you need outside of that? Since he's been here, it's been nothing short of catastrophic. I've watched a team thrown into reverse in the most dramatic fashion, and you'll forgive me if one week where we were, at times, at least recognisable as an AFL side, against pretty ordinary opposition who should've made it at least a 10 goal difference if they had their shooting boots on, doesn't convince me that a corner has been turned.

As a fan, he gives me absolutely zero confidence when he speaks. The switch in messaging from the beginning of the season to now has been sizeable, and it is abundantly clear that Neeld now has a couple of priorities at the forefront of his mind - the team, and keeping his job. Which one comes first, hard to say, but I'm sick to death of his justifications of abysmal football, both before and after the match, and frankly, I'm sick of him. I want him out. It will take a dramatic change in fortune to convince me that he is a capable senior coach.

• Like 7

Getting rid of Neeld want suddenly make us win, but with the right appointment it can at least can set us on a path that provides hope to players and supporters alike. Everyone associated with this club is miserable right now. Weekly thrashings until August, and the three players in question will already have their suitcases packed. Really, it is only a big reversal in fortunes, or Neeld leaving, that will keep them here, in my view. Watts in particular can not POSSIBLY be happy with his current predicament as the team yoyo, and Chip has become so used to losing that surely no-one would blame him for wanting a taste of some form of success.

If we do lose all three, you can forget 5 year plans. Try 10.

For mine, Neeld should essentially be on weekly notice. It's at that stage now.

• Like 3

Prove that.

The players at this level should be putting in effort for 4 quarters as a basic requisite. It is farcical to suggest the Richmond game was anything special for an AFL club insofar as effort is concerned. Mark Neeld may be determined and resilient, however his team is no better than at the same time 12 months ago. They know it, we see it and the club is wearing it.

• Like 3

Getting rid of Neeld want suddenly make us win, but with the right appointment it can at least can set us on a path that provides hope to players and supporters alike. Everyone associated with this club is miserable right now. Weekly thrashings until August, and the three players in question will already have their suitcases packed. Really, it is only a big reversal in fortunes, or Neeld leaving, that will keep them here, in my view. Watts in particular can not POSSIBLY be happy with his current predicament as the team yoyo, and Chip has become so used to losing that surely no-one would blame him for wanting a taste of some form of success.

If we do lose all three, you can forget 5 year plans. Try 10.

For mine, Neeld should essentially be on weekly notice. It's at that stage now.

He is, I think without using the exact words to spell it out, when after the GCS defeat Jackson in response to being asked would Neeld be sacked, he said No he will coach next week against Richmond.

Hardly a glowing response or endorsement of trust or faith

Neeld has to do something special to keep his job, those of you thinking he is doing irreparable damage are kidding yourself, history through the VFL & AFL tells us otherwise

Players achieve nothing now by making a decision to move on in 2014 before the end of the year,

If Neeld is to pull something special out of the fire obviously something special will have happened between him and the players

If he moves on the players will wait to see who the new coach is before making a decision, we are not talking about GWS $6 million deals anywhere here

• Like 1

regardless of what anyone WANTS to happen or WHEN they think it should happen, I think the point is moot. I get a very uneasy feeling that any week, particularly the tough ones (of course) could see another 25-30 goal loss occur and that will be the trigger. All it would take is a mob to rip us to pieces and be 8-10 goals up at quarter time, heads drop, and it's all over. You can't help but feel it's just a matter of weeks til this happens

• Like 2

Well if robbo says it then its a step up from the drunk at the local in terms of credibility.. Maybe. add Greg Denham and jay Clark and its fact...

Well if robbo says it then its a step up from the drunk at the local in terms of credibility.. Maybe. add Greg Denham and jay Clark and its fact...

He may have his faults, but he has runs on the board in terms of inside sources. It was merely a prediction anyhow, not an inside tip.

Prove that.

I can understand this point of view, but by the time there IS proof (enough to satisfy outsiders like us) that Neeld is damaging the club, it will be far too late.

I can understand this point of view, but by the time there IS proof (enough to satisfy outsiders like us) that Neeld is damaging the club, it will be far too late.

That is specious reasoning.

And the 'damage' that people have repeated 'bloody ad nauseum' Pman, are all the reasons why Neeld may not be here beyond this season. But nothing in our performances demands we play more than half the year with a caretaker coach.

There are no coherent reasons why we cannot give Neeld until August.

Whatever damage there is, it has been done.

What a nuclear waste of a season this would be with a caretaker in charge for 4 months.

That is specious reasoning.

And the 'damage' that people have repeated 'bloody ad nauseum' Pman, are all the reasons why Neeld may not be here beyond this season. But nothing in our performances demands we play more than half the year with a caretaker coach.

There are no coherent reasons why we cannot give Neeld until August.

Whatever damage there is, it has been done.

What a nuclear waste of a season this would be with a caretaker in charge for 4 months.

I take your point, however i would never discount the chances of someone with his record of man management doing more damage.

• Like 4