Dees shopping for another Sponsor

beelzebub

I doubt very much that the ad was free or even discounted as part of the sponsorship arrangement between club and newspaper.

And I suspect the sponsorship doesn't have anything to do with Herald Sun signage at the 'G either - there's plenty of that already.

Excuses make you feel better that our CEO can't attract sponsors

I'm bewildered. How can you say that after he pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat last year?

• Like 1

Nice to see things getting back to normal. CS sucks!

Lets conveniently forget his professional handling of the various dramas that beset the club last year (including the loss of a major sponsor) and getting two new sponsors on board.

Lets also forget the extremely well handled tanking palava and the fact he he came out of it with not a scratch and his reputation far from being tarnished as CW would have liked but rather, enhanced!

• Like 2

Excuses make you feel better that our CEO can't attract sponsors

So if you have a problem with it on pg 70, what page doesn't smack of desperation then?

Moonshadow - what makes you think other clubs haven't been doing it??

If it wasn't for BB59, this wouldn't even be rating a mention here. And posters here would be none the wiser on what the club IS doing about sponsorship.

I'm bewildered. How can you say that after he pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat last year?

He signed us up to a too good to be true deal with Energy Watch. Had correct due diligence been done he may have realised that the figures he was being quoted didn't match the reality. The owner had a history of poor corporate governance. Then he signed up 2 sponsors on discounted rates. Hardly the stuff of a professional organisation. I don't mean to harp on about this but our club is still in financial strife and if the AFL doesn't push ahead with equalisation we are doomed to the lower reaches for eternity. Personally I would like us to engage the AFL in the hunt for the best sports CEO in the land. We need them and we need them soon.

• Like 1

Don McLardy said at an MFC breakfast this morning that they expect to announce a new second tier sponsor in the next week or so.

Great. If it came about through yesterdays Ad, fantastic.

If not i hope that future sponsors may have noted all phone numbers @ email addresses.

They can always jump on board at a later date.

Advertising is what it is...

But you are. We know what you think of the present CEO.

You are as bad as Wilson. The last thing we need now is more shite headlines.

Let the guy do his job.

Fcuk.

I am not as bad as Wilson, you're dramatizing.

I am doing nothing to stop him doing his job, I just believe the club could do better and always have. He has done nothing of note to change my opinion.

I'm not sure why you are so satisfied with his performance.

But you are. We know what you think of the present CEO.

You are as bad as Wilson. The last thing we need now is more shite headlines.

Let the guy do his job.

Fcuk.

What is this aberration wyl?

Why have you put French connection United Kingdom does not seem to fit with the rest of your comment?

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

What is this aberration wyl?

Why have you put French connection United Kingdom does not seem to fit with the rest of your comment?

Would love to see them as our FOJ sponsor - wonder how that would go down with the broadcasters?

• Like 3

Would love to see them as our FOJ sponsor - wonder how that would go down with the broadcasters?

I am fairly certain I have called them the FcuK Demons a number of times over the last few year Hardtack.

So it would fit well

• Like 2

I am doing nothing to stop him doing his job, I just believe the club could do better and always have. He has done nothing of note to change my opinion.

Oh yes you are....You have wanted to stick a knife in our present CEO from years ago.

Do a better Job or shut it...

I notice Hazy FanBob ADC have not said one word over the last few weeks.....They all said the Shite was going to be flying by now.

My personal opinion is it would be bloody hard to be the CEO of this club, and gaining Sponsorships a constant concern Regardless of who is in the chair

Has CS made some mistakes in his tenure??

Yep he has, but has he done a good Job rectifying those same mistakes??

Yep he has.

I work very close to Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick/Caulfield....Old established area..But the amount of business' closing doors in the last 12 months is scary

$$$ are tight....$ponsorship Budgets would be the first to be tightened

Brian Cook does a fantastic Job, BUT he is CEO to a single club in a city...Can you imagine how many more Business opportunities we would have if the MFC was the ONLY club in Melbourne...???

Look at the Draw the AFL give us....would you commit $100,000's of company Sponsorship per annum on the back of that??

Edited by why you little
  • Like 3

Victoria used to be a manufacturing state but now most of our manufacturing is done in China. It used to have a reputation for shopping but a lot of this is done on line. Victoria is in recession and getting those that are left to throw their hard earned at sponsorship of a fairly ordinary football club isn't a job I'd want.

• Like 1

Oh yes you are....You have wanted to stick a knife in our present CEO from years ago.

Do a better Job or shut it...

I notice Hazy FanBob ADC have not said one word over the last few weeks.....They all said the Shite was going to be flying by now.

My personal opinion is it would be bloody hard to be the CEO of this club, and gaining Sponsorships a constant concern Regardless of who is in the chair

Has CS made some mistakes in his tenure??

Yep he has, but has he done a good Job rectifying those same mistakes??

Yep he has.

I work very close to Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick/Caulfield....Old established area..But the amount of business' closing doors in the last 12 months is scary

$$$ are tight....$ponsorship Budgets would be the first to be tightened

Brian Cook does a fantastic Job, BUT he is CEO to a single club in a city...Can you imagine how many more Business opportunities we would have if the MFC was the ONLY club in Melbourne...???

Look at the Draw the AFL give us....would you commit $100,000's of company Sponsorship per annum on the back of that??

I will happily admit to not liking his appointment. However I was happy to be proved wrong. Problem is I haven't been. Our club needs a better CEO, I'm sure you would agree with that. He was given the job because he was linked to the old boys network. They then had us dragged through the tanking [censored]. Do not forget Schwab had a large hand in how that was handlled. Have you ever thought that maybe its his continued errors that now leave us scratching around on Page 70 of the herald sun for sponsors Edited by Roost It

I will happily admit to not liking his appointment. However I was happy to be proved wrong. Problem is I haven't been. Our club needs a better CEO, I'm sure you would agree with that. He was given the job because he was linked to the old boys network. They then had us dragged through the tanking [censored]. Do not forget Schwab had a large hand in how that was handlled. Have you ever thought that maybe its his continued errors that now leave us scratching around on Page 70 of the herald sun for sponsors

TBO I really couldn't give a rats about the ad, who the CEO is or whether we are shown to be desperate..... This club has been run poorly for well over 40 years, I doubt it's going to change regardless of what we are told....

PS careful were you go with this..... HT is circling..... You might be up for a beating.... Or should I say deleting .....:D lol

Edited by tatu

I will happily admit to not liking his appointment. However I was happy to be proved wrong. Problem is I haven't been. Our club needs a better CEO, I'm sure you would agree with that. He was given the job because he was linked to the old boys network. They then had us dragged through the tanking [censored]. Do not forget Schwab had a large hand in how that was handlled. Have you ever thought that maybe its his continued errors that now leave us scratching around on Page 70 of the herald sun for sponsors

Yes Yes you continue to say the same things....How about the Scenario that CS is working his ass off to try and turn the club around??? It is possible, and also very tough when on field is atrocious.

I don't believe a bloody word that Wilson says about CS, they have Family connections that go way back.

CS did a dam good job at the Shockers if you speak to the right people...he made tough decisions when they were a basket case.. Sound Familiar???

As over 2 million people read the HUN each day i have not a problem in the world if we put an Ad in there for Sponsorship interest.

I have more of a probblem if the club does nothing....Its about time this club started thinking outside the square.

2 bites is all we need to make it worthwhile.

Yes Yes you continue to say the same things....How about the Scenario that CS is working his ass off to try and turn the club around??? It is possible, and also very tough when on field is atrocious.

I don't believe a bloody word that Wilson says about CS, they have Family connections that go way back.

CS did a dam good job at the Shockers if you speak to the right people...he made tough decisions when they were a basket case.. Sound Familiar???

As over 2 million people read the HUN each day i have not a problem in the world if we put an Ad in there for Sponsorship interest.

I have more of a probblem if the club does nothing....Its about time this club started thinking outside the square.

2 bites is all we need to make it worthwhile.

What exactly has Scheab done to improve this club?

I don't see a lot

And stop mentioning CWilson, she has nothing to do with the problems of sponsorship at this club

Your posts don't do anything to refute my issues with Schwab

What exactly has Scheab done to improve this club?

I don't see a lot

And stop mentioning CWilson, she has nothing to do with the problems of sponsorship at this club

Your posts don't do anything to refute my issues with Schwab

i don't expect to change your mind. Whatever i say wouldn't change that.

You have already marked him a dead man.

Leave it Roost it, you're just going round in circles, banging on about whatever it is you're banging on about. There's no story here, move along.

i don't expect to change your mind. Whatever i say wouldn't change that.

You have already marked him a dead man.

That's be ause you're not really saying anything

What is the basis of your belief that the club could do better?

That's be ause you're not really saying anything

no. It is because you do not want to see it. I have written a num ber of reasons above, mainly obstacles that have been in the way that i believe have made CS's job a lot harder.

Any CEO would have found it hard going in this club since 2008.

I want to see this board and CEO have a clear run at it before i point a barrel at anyone.

• Like 2