Sam Blease Out for 4 to 6 Weeks

dazzledavey36

Not ideal but a sprain will quickly mend. No fracture or break is a positive. Should be good for early rounds.

Not if by "high sprain" they mean Grade 2 or 3. Looked like a Grade 2 to me, thus the 426.

You can shove Etihad where the sun don't shine.

I'd like to know how many leg injuries we have received at that S**t hole.

Based on injuries per game it would be quite an interesting statistic IMO.

• Like 1

I am feeling that they are taking a VERY precautious approach to this injury. I'd say if we were playing finals, it may only be a 2 weeker...

I'd say he is a fair chance for round 1.

Just my opinion......

Injuries like this will happen all season long....It's going to happen at all clubs

The good thing is he may only miss 2 proper games...

"High ankle sprain" refers to a syndesmosis strain, which connects the tib and fib together. 6 weeks is standard for a stable syndesmosis injury as opposed to an unstable injury which requires surgery and months of rehab.

Very intersting Wreck, thanks. Given your knowledge can you advise if Blease, with that injury, will still be able to maintain his base fitness (by doing non weight bearing training such as bikes and swimming)?

If only this was the NFL we'd just find him a monster ankle brace and send him out there like Ben Rothlisberger did.

I hope he's back soon but when he's healthy and I like to think all injuries are partly avoidable and this one could of been helped by more talk to let Blease know he was about to get crunched. At least it came from a loose ball not a hospital hand pass.

I grew up when a 426 was a Big Block Chrysler V8

Them Challengers had serious grunt.

Whatch the Movie "Vanishing Point" 1971.

:)

You have bought a tear to my eye wyl

And petrol was 45 cents a gallon or 4 cents a litre.

Arh the good old days.

• Like 1

You have bought a tear to my eye wyl

And petrol was 45 cents a gallon or 4 cents a litre.

Arh the good old days.

Yeah and a glass of beer at the public bar was 15c and a packet of smokes 39c........But I only got paid $22 per week....

Yeah and a glass of beer at the public bar was 15c and a packet of smokes 39c........But I only got paid $22 per week....

Spot on Boss dog but if you do the comparison on Petrol it was way cheaper than it is today.

I can still remember the week I cleared $100 / week I thought I was set for life.

Interesting that if you compare the cost of cars and petrol in the 70's

Cars are much cheaper ( and Better ) now but Petrol is much more expensive.

It's the way of the world,Im afraid,OD......Corporate Rule...Global Finances....The rich get richer ect...ect....

And the only thing we want or need is a premiership.....

Edited by Bossdog

Spot on Boss dog but if you do the comparison on Petrol it was way cheaper than it is today.

I can still remember the week I cleared $100 / week I thought I was set for life.

Interesting that if you compare the cost of cars and petrol in the 70's

Cars are much cheaper ( and Better ) now but Petrol is much more expensive.

This will take you back OD - do you remember Nepean Hwy after mordialloc having 3 lanes - one lane in one direction and one in the other. The middle lane could be used to overtake by EITHER traffic direction as long as no cars were coming !!!!!! We used to call it the "suicide lane". I tell people this story and they dont believe me.

This will take you back OD - do you remember Nepean Hwy after mordialloc having 3 lanes - one lane in one direction and one in the other. The middle lane could be used to overtake by EITHER traffic direction as long as no cars were coming !!!!!! We used to call it the "suicide lane". I tell people this story and they dont believe me.

good God i remember that!!!

The suicide lane Yes!!

How long can you drive in the suicide lane???

I grew up when a 426 was a Big Block Chrysler V8

Them Challengers had serious grunt.

Whatch the Movie "Vanishing Point" 1971.

:)

Love that movie! Saw it after watching "Death Proof".

Anyway Blease has a 4-6 week injury. So I suppose we'll see him ready to play around July...?

• Like 2

Yes I do mate.

Do you remember the traffic lights having big circles on top showing how long the cycle was before green changed to yellow etc.

God I am old!

You mean the suicide lane aint there any more? Shows how long it's been since I drove that stretch of road...!! LOL

Yes I do mate.

Do you remember the traffic lights having big circles on top showing how long the cycle was before green changed to yellow etc.

God I am old!

Hahaha those old "rotary" Traffic Lights went all the way down to Frankston.

If the single globe above blew they were completely useless at night!!

How the hell did i survive the 80's!!!!!

Pure Luck.

Hahaha those old "rotary" Traffic Lights went all the way down to Frankston.

If the single globe above blew they were completely useless at night!!

How the hell did i survive the 80's!!!!!

Pure Luck.

Were they still there in the 80's wyl.

I would have thought they went earlier.

But I will bow to your knowledge