Aaron Davey - the future?

jumbo returns

You forgot to mention ducking his head, or did that have something to do with his mental state.

Nothing to do with what I am talking about - besides which, it isn't something that I particularly noticed...ridiculous comment.

Nothing to do with what I am talking about - besides which, it isn't something that I particularly noticed...ridiculous comment.

2011 etihad stadium, St Kilda v Melbourne, watch the replay, hes papers were stamped that day.

2011 etihad stadium, St Kilda v Melbourne, watch the replay, hes papers were stamped that day.

Ok, you are citing one occasion??? I was correct.. ridiculous comment.

And didn't Davey deny that?

Regardless, it would appear that Davey is taking a more serious approach this pre-season, so what is the point of dredging up last year's "news"?

Wasn't there a middle man in all that, between Davey & the story reaching misfud? An ex employee?

Davey's complaining about the physical work was IMO a reflection of the past culture he entered the club under.

People don't like change. adapting can take a while, especially for older animals.

I hope he can keep a fresh attitude, & be kept well away from leadership responibilities.

Have a good season Aaron.

Wasn't there a middle man in all that, between Davey & the story reaching misfud? An ex employee?

I don't think so... Davey in accepting Mifsud's apology had said that there had clearly been a misunderstanding following his conversation with Mifsud.

As I said, you are citing one occasion (game)...ridiculous. Looks like the joke is on you.

So you go from one occasion, then say i meant game, you own tool of the week again.

So you go from one occasion, then say i meant game, you own tool of the week again.

Not at all... you are citing one game of football... I am saying it is ridiculous to condemn the man based on that single occasion (and I don't care if he ducked his head 10 times in that game)... you are really clutching at straws here mjt. Seems to me that there is maybe more to your dislike of Davey than you are saying here.

I don't think so... Davey in accepting Mifsud's apology had said that there had clearly been a misunderstanding following his conversation with Mifsud.

Was it Ian Flack, who was suggested, may have said something?

From the ABC:

Davey denies being Mifsud source

The AFL's race-related fiasco took another twist when Melbourne Indigenous player, Aaron Davey denied any involvement in the

controversy.

The Demons released a statement on Tuesday night, quoting Davey, after AFL official Jason Mifsud had publicly apologised to Melbourne coach Mark Neeld.

The AFL's reputation has taken a hammering after it emerged Mifsud, its national community engagement manager and most senior Indigenous employee, had helped spread the false rumour about Neeld.

The AFL is refusing to reveal the original source of the allegation, but Mifsud's comments at a media conference indicate he claims to have heard it from a Melbourne Indigenous player.

"I strongly deny any involvement in the matters discussed at today's press conference," Davey said in the statement.

"I am proud of Melbourne's support network for our Indigenous players, which I believe is the best in the AFL.

"I'm pleased that the AFL has come out strongly in support of Mark and that Jason has apologised to Mark and the club."

Davey denies being Mifsud source

Was it Ian Flack, who was suggested, may have said something?

Possibly, but I was citing another ABC article in which it stated:

But Davey stood by Mifsud.

"Clearly there was a misunderstanding following my conversation with Jason a couple of weeks ago," Davey said.

Mifsud apologises to Davey

Possibly, but I was citing another ABC article in which it stated:

Mifsud apologises to Davey

yes i read that, but don't believe everything that comes out in print after a private concilliation.

The club stated earlier in proceedings, that they wondered if a former staff person had been involved, & Davey as well denied he was the one who started the issue.

Davey must have spoken to Mif because they smoothed it over, but maybe Mif approached Aaron the first time around? Especially if a former insider had been talking to Mif about stuff?

It was written the AFL wore a lot of embarrassment last year with the Rendell issue, & then Davey's... then they went to sort the priority pick out, & we copped the flack.

And where is Mif Now?

Just watching the Aboriginal All Stars V Richmond game, and he's actually been ok tonight, playing midfield.

It was the flash of old, in one piece of play where he drilled a 50 metre pass to inside 50, setting up a Johncock goal.

The broadcasters have paid special mention to him at 3qtr time, and reckon he's in contention for BOG.

Well done Flash!

• Like 2

I'm not a huge fan, but there's no doubt he'd add some zip if he was back to his best.

More importantly, he's looked good recently at training and it's nice to see that the form some have commented on at training has translated onto the field. If we have that type of across the board improvement we'll be better than many think. I see no reason why Davey isn't somewhat of a barometer for the group.

• Like 3

I was one of many on here last year saying that he's past it however, I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Well, it looks like there's a glimmer of hope after all. A dose of confidence and a sound base of fitness might just turn it around for Flash this year. The scope for improvement across the whole team is now truly tangible.

Some good character being shown by Aaron thus far.

• Like 2

I've never lost faith in Flash and he remains one of my favourites, but let's not get too carried away (e.g. "He's back!!") over him beating up on a team that clearly wasn't all that fussed about the outcome, and one that also contained 9 debutants. Likewise it would be somewhat expected he would stand out in a young team with 8 debutants. But good news, no doubt.

He showed a few promosing signs, but was in and out of the game.

Not disagreeing, but actually, with the quarters that short (15 mins plus time-on), I thought pretty well everyone was in and out of the game, simply because there wasn't as much game to get into.

Regardless, I thought Aaron looked fairly switched on and pro-active - let's hope he can carry it into the MFC games.

Actually looking back, I think the afl website match report got it right by not putting him in the best.

He showed a few promosing signs, but was in and out of the game. Still was elite with his disposal.

They put his brother in the best.

Probably because they mixed the two of them up.

One of the papers this morning mentioned the Davey brothers in the one sentance as both making a good contribution last night.

I'm not convinced - his footy was horrible last year and it'll take a massive turn around for me start believing that he will add value to this team.

I'm not convinced either but at least it's a step in the right direction.