"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

yay..

Mark Stevens‏@Stevo7AFL

Do not expect any Demons tanking announcement today .. Will roll into another week

What a disgrace the AFL is.

Are these blokes seriously in charge of running a Billion Dollar business? They are so lucky that the product sells itself.

• Like 2

Yeah right, NAB would be REALLY happy with that. The launch of their sponsored competition sullied with a presser about tanking.

Didn't really think that one through BB.

I did. The afl I should think would not wish to give the issue too much effect. Id bury it in something else.

The NAB get plenty of spotlight irrespective.

Guest fitness

I feel for Gillon. It ain't easy working out how to deliver the final act of the charade to:

a) clear the MFC;

b) justify why the investigation was initiated (and don't give us "Brock McLean's comments" as we all know he said nothing new)

c) justify 7 months investigating and the cost of that, with no result;

d) ensure the decision continues to portray the AFL in the best possible light with regard to integrity;

e) effectively close the issue for good such that journalists don't keep writing about it and further damage the AFL's public image; and finally, remember to:

f) deliver a high-horsed broadside warning to the MFC, CS, CC etc in regard to their conduct so we all know who is boss and who has been a naughty boy.

As the Ox would say, "give us a spell" AFL.

• Like 2

If the AFL don't come out with something today it is just another reason why they are one of the most inept managers of a professional sporting organisation on the planet.

As Mac7 said they are lucky the product sells itself or the competition would be bankrupt with this congregation of buffoons in charge.

• Like 1

never expected one myself.

Today is NAB CUP Day.

Yep, leave it until next Friday when it is Dees NAB Cup day and they can maximise the interest in the games.

Well, they will have missed the boat on the Commission meeting on Monday should they not announce something today.

They are trying to do a deal I think that much can be safely assumed, and I wonder who is holding it up.

Guest fitness

Well, they will have missed the boat on the Commission meeting on Monday should they not announce something today.

They are trying to do a deal I think that much can be safely assumed, and I wonder who is holding it up.

I just hope the reason for delaying is not because we're going to be charged and thus then needing to announce it such that it gives more time for the club to prepare to face the Commission at their next meeting after Monday.

They obviously need extra time to resolve matters relating to the final settlement terms.

It happens often when there are negotiations taking pace involving more than one party.

On the one hand that would seem like a good outcome, that we are going to come out of this relatively unscathed with receiving a negotiated slap on the wrist type punishment.

On the other hand I hate the "death row" feeling; execute or exonerate just get it over with already!

Guest José Mourinho

Just watched it. Dunno how she lives with herself.

BTW, today's the day according to her. Surely she can't be wrong. Or maybe it is the day for the AFL's unofficial response.

By Caroline's very own definition, that would mean a response from an unnamed AFL supporter, who she later revises to be inside the league, and then is named as a commission member.

So probably not.

• Like 1

I just hope the reason for delaying is not because we're going to be charged and thus then needing to announce it such that it gives more time for the club to prepare to face the Commission at their next meeting after Monday.

maybe just wanted to prove kero (who said it would be today) wrong

sends a message that she doesn't have inside contacts at the afl and casts doubts about her evil prognostications and predictions to date

gives a pause for the media to run some stories over the weekend about afl going soft on mfc etc, setting the scene for early next week's decision

the above is probably bs but makes me feel better

Just another unofficial press release

"Supporters of the club at the centre of tanking claims initiated from newspaper articles of unfortunate comments by people connected with the club are now turning their attention to real football related matters.

While the affair provided us with fantastic entertainment over the off season and took some of the attention away from the progress of our players we are happy to see that there will be a focus by many on historic references while we are able to forge ahead with renewed and united purpose.

We know that as in the past our club has taken what were the correct decisions at the time. With hindsight not all these decisions have been successful, but we will continue to support the oldest club in the league which has a rich history.

We await the AFL report which will add to our knowledge of our history, but more importantly we are focussing on the future

Our club has adressed issues raised and has taken action to ensure the club will continue as a significant participant in and with the AFL to ensure that our integrity is secure.

We anticipate that and our actions will be accepted by the AFL as reflecting the dynamic progress of the competitive environment inherent in sporting contests.

We anticipate our season will be successful, an anticipation which has regularly been tempered with lack of premiership success however we are passionate supporters and we are doing what we can to support the club and will continue to do so."

Got bored here

back to intra club reports

Go Dees

• Like 1

Thanks for the link wyl

OMG what a great video, seems to me that someone can dish it out, but when questioned or called on it can't string a logical argument together. You think she would have been better prepared, although if you write an emotive, illogical opinion piece then that's what happens when someone pulls on the threads it all unravels and falls on the floor.

She has no clue of what's happening.

Still calling, no charges to answer..oh and Error, no keyboard -- press F1 to continue.

Edited by Felix da Dee
  • Like 1

I just watched the tanking bit on Footy Classified. It almost seems like Caro is arguing with imagined Melbourne supporters (!) as opposed to the board who are the ones making the argument that Melbourne will live or die by. What a self obsessed knucklehead! Is she really that stung by what a few suburban white men say to her every now and then? Who cares what the punters in the stands are saying? There are roughly 120,000 Melbourne supporters out there with varying opinions on this. Why not address what the board is actually saying and leave it at that? All she is doing is trying to muddy the waters to suit her own agenda.

Also noted she once again referred to the supporters as "rabid supporters".

Simply can't help herself from having a dig.

Such an offensive human.

The AFL commission meets Monday, maybe a decision after that?

Yeah, Gil and Andy seem to be struggling more than a bit with what's on the plate at the moment. Maybe the Commission could hasten a resolution with a Think Tank.

Also noted she once again referred to the supporters as "rabid supporters".

Simply can't help herself from having a dig.

Such an offensive human.

Not such a bad comment. In the past our supporters have been depicted as Range Rover drivers, off to the snow, with patches on the elbows of their jackets. To now be described as rabid supporters, is clearly a description of a passionate following of a team that stands for something. I can live with that.

• Like 9

and again..

Mark Robinson@Robbo_heraldsun

the expectation today is there will NOT be an announcement about Melbourne and the tanking investigation

I just watched the video and Caro said today.

Robbo must be wrong, like Don.

• Like 1