• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

New sponsorship for the Dees?

brey9186

is that what it's called. Why would i want to drink at Punt Road? I spell it with a c.

Oh wyl that is a bit low.

I would expect that from a few on here but not you.

up your game mate.

Unlike you I don't hate the Tigers.

I have a few mates who support the tigers.

They are not rat bags

All clubs have rat bags even the Dees.

Any time the tigers want to hand over Punt Road to the MFC I will be to accept the keys.

as a paid up premium member of 24 years I'm entitled to query these things and hold the clubs employees to account.

That old furphy.

Having a little tizz on a net forum is "holding the clubs employees to account"? I'm sure they're all quaking in their boots.

• Like 1

up your game mate.

They are not rat bags

Any time the tigers want to hand over Punt Road to the MFC I will be to accept the keys.

Any club founded in a pub (even if it is the Royal Hotel) os ok in my book!

• Like 1

up your game mate.

They are not rat bags

we need to make our own patch OD. Not wait for somebody elses keys. We already reneged on the Lexus Centre precinct. Not a good move at all.

up your game mate.

They are not rat bags

I have mates that support the tiggers too Old Dee but that doesn't proclude them from being scum.

I see no point in forging a deal with our opposition .

We should invest in AAMI (never pay) insurance park and build a decent bar there bar ( with a nice view).

We need to think like a corporate animal as much as i am not .

I am surprised we do not have more assets as a club such as property ,pubs ,land.etc.

If we profit we should be purchasing solid assets as opposed to entering dud deals.

I have mates that support the tiggers too Old Dee but that doesn't proclude them from being scum.

I see no point in forging a deal with our opposition .

We should invest in AAMI (never pay) insurance park and build a decent bar there bar ( with a nice view).

We need to think like a corporate animal as much as i am not .

I am surprised we do not have more assets as a club such as property ,pubs ,land.etc.

If we profit we should be purchasing solid assets as opposed to entering dud deals.

I think you missed it Biffen

I was suggesting ( joking ) that if the tigers walked away from Punt Road I would gladly take it.

No suggestion we share.

I have only the following from memory Biff but like the MCG I don't think the licensing laws allow a bar to be open past game time at AAMI

Sorry wyl "Demon Park"

I think you missed it Biffen

I was suggesting ( joking ) that if the tigers walked away from Punt Road I would gladly take it.

No suggestion we share.

I have only the following from memory Biff but like the MCG I don't think the licensing laws allow a bar to be open past game time at AAMI

Sorry wyl "Demon Park"

Goodo OD.

Re laws: they are made to be changed .

Otherwise we should buy a Pub Nearby and staff it full time with Demons tragics.

I drink at "The Corner" when i go to the Footy ,if I am not too disgusted with life to hang near our dung heap.

Please forgive me, but I saw the Subject of this thread , and thought I was going to find out about a ne w Cadbury sponsorship of MFC.

I've re-read most of the posts, and amidst all the rambling I must have missed whether or not there's a rumour that a good sponsorship is in the offing. Is there any evidence that Cadbury' s are coming on board?

Please forgive me, but I saw the Subject of this thread , and thought I was going to find out about a ne w Cadbury sponsorship of MFC.

I've re-read most of the posts, and amidst all the rambling I must have missed whether or not there's a rumour that a good sponsorship is in the offing. Is there any evidence that Cadbury' s are coming on board?

Go back to page 1 JJC

it was a rumour just prior to Christmas.

Nothing since.

My gut tells me no.

Read the first page

maybe the timing is linked to the tank enquiry?

think some q's should be asked at agm......looks like we r 1 - 2 mill short this year of sponsors

we would have to be the hardest sell in town = tanking

Read back a couple of pages there are a few on Demonland who seem to think it is a walk in the park.

Tough gig

Other than as per the rumour in the OP, it seems not and I've therefore changed the thread's title.

No use giving the company any more free publicity (although that may alter if they do go ahead with a sponsorship and/or a truckload of their product turns up at my front door).

• Like 1

Read back a couple of pages there are a few on Demonland who seem to think it is a walk in the park.

Tough gig

I hope thats not a reference to me.

Its certainly not a walk iin the park, which was the point I was trying to make.

There may be some our Dland members based in or working overseas who are able to identify companies who may want to improve their profile in one of the most healthy economic environments in the world at the moment.

The China reference is made because the Age business section last week had an interesting article on the expanding China middle class and tourism. Specific mention was made of cChinese visiting their student children here. Other Dlanders have mentioned tapping into that market previously and there now may be even more incentive. What represents the Australian culture more than Footy at the G?

Melbourne Football Club is the custodian of the history. We should be making it our territory.

That old furphy.

Having a little tizz on a net forum is "holding the clubs employees to account"? I'm sure they're all quaking in their boots.

Ah no, it's asking questions of the admin of the football club that I am a paying member of. Emails, AGM, supporter forums are all methods of querying this. Whatever happened to CS coming on here anyway, maybe we should bump his last thread where he ridiculed the most loyal supporters of the club who care enough to come on here and waste there time discussing it.

Or we could all just not give a damn and go back to our cucumber sandwhiches in the long room and schmooze with the good ol' boys from the top end of Collins Street, that's what this club is about anyway isn't it? It's certainly not about winning games of football it seems.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

I'm confused as to why we have a thread about "new" sponsorship, when our 2 major sponsors have re-upped for 2013 (and possibly beyond, can't remember)??

Is this really a thread about filling the gold class category of sponsorship?

I'm not sure it'll be that hard, nor is it of particular concern in terms of putting the club's viability in jeopardy.

New minor sponsors will be found in good time.

I'm confused as to why we have a thread about "new" sponsorship, when our 2 major sponsors have re-upped for 2013 (and possibly beyond, can't remember)??

Is this really a thread about filling the gold class category of sponsorship?

I'm not sure it'll be that hard, nor is it of particular concern in terms of putting the club's viability in jeopardy.

New minor sponsors will be found in good time.

Before round 1?

Guest José Mourinho

Before round 1?

Don't know.

Is it worth worrying and moaning about?

Do you have any idea the actual impact it may have on the club by not having them in place?

Do you know for a fact that negotiations aren't ongoing now?

If we get to round 1, without having sponsors in place, and it is of tangible detriment to the club, then complain.

• Like 1

Don't know.

Is it worth worrying and moaning about?

Do you have any idea the actual impact it may have on the club by not having them in place?

Do you know for a fact that negotiations aren't ongoing now?

If we get to round 1, without having sponsors in place, and it is of tangible detriment to the club, then complain.

A question next Wednesday Jose?

Just on the topic of Cadburys, I noticed there is an article on the main page of the AFL site with Patrick Dangerfield, he has a training top on that has Cadburys on it. Whether we have missed the boat or not with these guys, hard to say. Doubt that they would sponsor multiple clubs though.

Just on the topic of Cadburys, I noticed there is an article on the main page of the AFL site with Patrick Dangerfield, he has a training top on that has Cadburys on it. Whether we have missed the boat or not with these guys, hard to say. Doubt that they would sponsor multiple clubs though.

that was a promotion where cadbury were giving people a chance to play in a team with AFL stars. Dont think we've missed the boat

Guest José Mourinho

Don't think anyone has "missed the boat" on Cadbury's -- I'm pretty sure they've made the decision some time ago to not align themselves with any particular team, but rather the league itself.

Hence a promotional exercise with Dangerfield, Daisy Thomas and Goodes in white Cadbury's AFL tops.

i reckon sponsorship is our biggest issue atm....if the club is asking foundation heroes for help and anyone else

a million or 2 is a big hole to go back into

i have no problem with the club asking its own supporters for sponsorship possibilities.

Right now is the time supporters have got to be at the forefront.

• Like 1