Dayle Garlett

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

I got banished to the big bit bucket in cyber land for being a very naughty boy, by my fav mod (make that ex)

seems we need to run some Satire101 courses here on land - lol

I might change my nick to "Dreyfus"

You and Range Rover weren't in the same bucket were you? If so, what impact has it had on your rehabilitation? Are you a better man for it?

You and Range Rover weren't in the same bucket were you? If so, what impact has it had on your rehabilitation? Are you a better man for it?

alas i was

he was a broken man - very sad, but rehab is coming along fine

he's due for resurrection any day now and has a shyteload of polls planned and ready to go

alas i was

he's due for resurrection any day now and has a shyteload of polls planned and ready to go

A bucket is a small place. Did you and RR share any , shall we say "imtimate moments" ? Be assured any reply will be treated with the utmost discretion.

A bucket is a small place. Did you and RR share any , shall we say "imtimate moments" ? Be assured any reply will be treated with the utmost discretion.

not really, he spent his time surfing ski shops, but a cyber bit bucket is actually quite large and apparently expanding faster than the universe

• 2 weeks later...

alas i was

no bets on as to who bannished you.

"He who hath no sense of humour"?

It's an interesting situation, should invite him down to Casey for a season to get a proper evaluation.

Yeah right, let's get him down there with Hogan, Barry, Kent and Stark and have him teach them his party tricks. It's pretty simple - DO NOT TOUCH.

• Like 7

I put him in the same boat as Manson. Has all the talent, give him a few years in the state leagues to see if he has the desire.

James or Charles?

• Like 3

I don't know why we are discussing this topic so many pages into the thread. We are talking about changing the culture of the club and people are entertaining the idea of a player who was already under intense scrutiny and who went out on the tiles till 4am a couple of days before the PSD and rookie draft.

That suggests he doesn't even fulfill the most minimal levels of discipline for a junior team let alone the AFL.

We need to stay away.

• Like 2

I don't know why we are discussing this topic so many pages into the thread. We are talking about changing the culture of the club and people are entertaining the idea of a player who was already under intense scrutiny and who went out on the tiles till 4am a couple of days before the PSD and rookie draft. That suggests he doesn't even fulfill the most minimal levels of discipline for a junior team let alone the AFL. We need to stay away.

Don't worry 'Freddy', I can't see us going anywhere near him and I hope Casey are not stupid enough too.

I don't know why we are discussing this topic so many pages into the thread. We are talking about changing the culture of the club and people are entertaining the idea of a player who was already under intense scrutiny and who went out on the tiles till 4am a couple of days before the PSD and rookie draft. That suggests he doesn't even fulfill the most minimal levels of discipline for a junior team let alone the AFL. We need to stay away.

and Freddy that is all they could report about. If you speak with a lot of people involved in footy and the press over here in WA they say if half of the rumours are true it is no surprise everybody has stayed away from him.

I still wish to remain employed so will leave it at that

• 2 weeks later...
why waste your time

He does not have the brain for it.

The same reason Geelong took a punt on Ablett Snr after his Hawthorn days.

And getting him to play for Casey isn't even taking a punt. Either he consistently gives it a good hard honest crack or he doesn't, whichever way it goes the MFC loses nothing out of it.

The same reason Geelong took a punt on Ablett Snr after his Hawthorn days.

And getting him to play for Casey isn't even taking a punt. Either he consistently gives it a good hard honest crack or he doesn't, whichever way it goes the MFC loses nothing out of it.

Have a look at 'Pennant's' post above and you will understand why there is plenty to lose in bringing him into our club, particularly at Casey which is a development club for our list.

It wouldn't be a punt it would be pure lunacy.

Have a look at 'Pennant's' post above and you will understand why there is plenty to lose in bringing him into our club, particularly at Casey which is a development club for our list.

It wouldn't be a punt it would be pure lunacy.

I was against Fevola going to Casey for similar reasons to you with Dayle, but after it was all said and done he had no impact on the culture whatsoever.

That's not to say I'm pro-Fevola but it does mean Casey and our young players are strong enough to withstand a potential wildcard.

If Fevola couldn't do damage, what makes you think an 18 year old can?

I agree Freddie, there are times & places to take risks, & whilst we are trying to rebuild our culture into an elite one, we can't afford individual distractions like this one.

2 yrs ago, I may have agreed. But now we have found the culture worse than expected, & have pruned it back so hard to the bare frame, let the new wood grow strong & healthy first, before we take a punt on a flaky type of player.

Lets develop a new & strong leadership group who will pull astray types Up, & into line first before we adopt problem kids.

I was against Fevola going to Casey for similar reasons to you with Dayle, but after it was all said and done he had no impact on the culture whatsoever.

That's not to say I'm pro-Fevola but it does mean Casey and our young players are strong enough to withstand a potential wildcard.

If I was going to adopt a troubled player into the group, at great risk, I would want to take the one who had already proven himself to be a champion, & a key position player as well, ahead of a failed, but not fully tried out skinny mid.

I think I'd pass on garlett.

#Edit: Fev is underneath all the crap, a decent family guy. He just lost control for a while.

Edited by dee-luded

There's just no upside there at the moment so why even tempt fate, we don't get a lock on him at next years draft if he comes good so what's the point.

Fev, well we could argue that one but basically I don't think he was any good for us and the development of younger players.

Guest José Mourinho

What makes you so sure of that?

A lot of the young developing players he was at Casey with, have now been moved on.

His guidance didn't exactly help Lucas Cook become a star KPF.

It's quite possible his presence was detrimental, but we'll never know for sure.

That you even suggest taking a punt on Garlett shows a certain level of naivety on your behalf.