Jesse Hogan

Barney Rubble

I am glad of that McQueen as I remember similar comments ( don't think from you ) about Watts

And then there were the ones about Cook and how in 2 years time when he puts on weight!

I have seen the false dawn a few times in the last 48 years

I will just wait and see

It just wouldn't be a normal day on 'Land without you, old dee.

• Like 1

Just a small injection of reality mate

oh and by the way

Am I wrong?

Hogan is already 20 kilos heavier than Cook. Apples and oranges.

Watts can play the game but just needs an injection of in him.

You're not entirely wrong but almost 100% negative. :)

• Like 1

Hogan is already 20 kilos heavier than Cook. Apples and oranges.

Watts can play the game but just needs an injection of c#*t in him.

You're not entirely wrong but almost 100% negative. :)

Gee McQueen we can't have a little friendly banter?

my comment on Watts relates to him splitting packs as a CHF. ( which was many people's view )

He a good chance to be a good player for the MFC but splitting packs as a CHF

IMO not likely

It is actually one of my pet hates when people make 'doomsday' comments based on tiny pieces of supposed evidence, but I have to say I also have a slight scully-ish feeling about this guy. His original comments when drafted did not seem to me to be all that celebratory. Let's face it though, you couldn't blame anyone at this point for lacking enthusiasm about coming to the mess that is our club right now.

It is actually one of my pet hates when people make 'doomsday' comments based on tiny pieces of supposed evidence, but I have to say I also have a slight scully-ish feeling about this guy. His original comments when drafted did not seem to me to be all that celebratory. Let's face it though, you couldn't blame anyone at this point for lacking enthusiasm about coming to the mess that is our club right now.

Finding it hard to disagree with you

Gee McQueen we can't have a little friendly banter?

my comment on Watts relates to him splitting packs as a CHF. ( which was many people's view )

He a good chance to be a good player for the MFC but splitting packs as a CHF

IMO not likely

This isn't friendly banter?

We have to be careful old dee.... This on it's way to morphing into a Jack Watts bashing thread.

This isn't friendly banter?

We have to be careful old dee.... This on it's way to morphing into a Jack Watts bashing thread.

Sorry McQueen that was not my intention.

quite often in recent past i have made what I thought was a little light hearted banter.

Unfortunately it was not seen that way.

So I am a little jumpy.

Guest José Mourinho

I think he'll stay...

In all honesty, does anyone else think he has that type of "smile" that tough bastards get when they know they are about to belt the crap out of you? He'd be swinging them and still have that smirk on his face. I like that he has that look.

I can't agree with you there.

He simply has the half smile of a kid who has a coldsore on the side of his mouth.

• Like 2

[insert patronising and derisive comment here]

That's a timesaver...

Just 'Viney'??

Correct

Word is that the Eagles have offered his old man a recruiting job.

Jesse hasn't spoken to anyone else other than Melbourne though, and will let his management sort out a new contract at the end of season 2015.

He has gone over just for a look around though

I can't see why people are getting so worked up about him not smiling that much! I would say he hasn't had much experience when it comes to interviews infront of loads of people so he may've been a little shell-shocked and not sure as to what to say and do. He has only been at the club for a number of weeks, let him settle in and make a platform before we see what he is really like. Give him a break!

• Like 1

I can't see why people are getting so worked up about him not smiling that much! I would say he hasn't had much experience when it comes to interviews infront of loads of people so he may've been a little shell-shocked and not sure as to what to say and do. He has only been at the club for a number of weeks, let him settle in and make a platform before we see what he is really like. Give him a break!

I agree.........Not smiling = Leaving the club after 2 years........Give me a break.....Are we that insecure about our players.......Has the Scully affair, scared us that much?......
  • Like 1

Hogan's tenure will be linked to Melbourne's success, or otherwise. He'll bond and become great mates with plenty on the list, which is why so few players leave their clubs - especially top-liners.. He'll become that pivotal player in the team, which will make him feel even more a part of the fabric of the club.

And he'll meet a nice Melbourne girl. And then a few more.

He'll be fine, but there's no point worrying about what's not in your control. Especially now.

Melbourne as a city is way better than Perth. The homestick factor is an issue for blokes who leave VIC to play in WA, QLD or SA. But you dont see that many people leave to go back to perth because they are homesick. And before people mention Morton & Wellingham, i think both were told to look elsewhere so the home factor helped, but both would have probably stayed if they had a choice in the matter.

Hogan's tenure will be linked to Melbourne's success, or otherwise. He'll bond and become great mates with plenty on the list, which is why so few players leave their clubs - especially top-liners.. He'll become that pivotal player in the team, which will make him feel even more a part of the fabric of the club.

And he'll meet a nice Melbourne girl. And then a few more.

He'll be fine, but there's no point worrying about what's not in your control. Especially now.

Your posts are very distracting I keep looking to the left and it takes me ages to absorb the content.

Apart from that I agree with what you said he'll be there for a long time to come; we won't let this one go.

It's a joke.

From a reliable source (non club) that you can pm me for details if you wish - but I have been informed that Jesse Hogan loves the culture down at MFC, can see lots of young talent on our list and has special admiration for Nathan Jones (who he describes as the hardest worker he has ever seen) and Mitch Clark. He basically cant wait to play for the club.

Thought I'd post for some good news about MFC.

After the Scully fiasco its nice to know anyway.

• Like 13

Here is the reality of the situation - from a person who is an old sporting friend of Hogan. He is hard to read but he LOVES the culture so far at MFC. Thinks its highly professional, and has special praise for Nathan Jones (the hardest worker he has ever seen) and Mitch Clark who is helping him adjust.

Hogan will be no Scully and he cannot wait to play for the club. Please dont make any assumptions based on his reserved attitude in some photos and comparisons to Scully. he's even keen to let people know that he loves the club so that more supporters get behind the side.

if anyone has any doubts I can even link you via pm to the source of this information. It certainly made my day.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse
  • Like 4

From a reliable source (non club) that you can pm me for details if you wish - but I have been informed that Jesse Hogan loves the culture down at MFC, can see lots of young talent on our list and has special admiration for Nathan Jones (who he describes as the hardest worker he has ever seen) and Mitch Clark. He basically cant wait to play for the club.

Thought I'd post for some good news about MFC.

After the Scully fiasco its nice to know anyway.

He's living with Mitch Clark, another WA. Reckon that would help a lot.