Tippett and capitalism

Mono

Not really relevant to MFC, but you just gotta love the Tippett BS.

Talk about a queen. Why would any club want this [censored], let alone the swans with their 'legendary' club culture. :o^_^

Extracts the massive $ contract out of the crows, but still has to get the alleged extra $200k just for being kurt.

"

Says, "hey, I'm god, I'm gunna go here".

The swans suck it up..........come here boy, we got lotsa $s. Pick 23 not enough? We add Jesse White.

Crows go "no way boy".

Tippett snr (GC property developer no less FFS) goes.....whoooaa...my boy gets what he wants.....call the lawyers.

Crows go....wtf...please Andrew, we don't know what we did......help us please.

"

Hope the AH is stood down for 12 months.

• Like 3

I blame his management. They draw up these contracts...

You mean the ones that said that Scully hadn't decided to leave the D's then advised him to lie for all of 2012!

You mean the ones that said that Scully hadn't decided to leave the D's then advised him to lie for all of 2012!

yeah those ones. Tippett would just sign on the line. There would be clauses in there he would not be aware of.

"My manager will sort it"

He is not blameless, but Velocity are the real culprits here although the AFL will go harder on the Crows & Tippett as it looks better.

Plenty of similarities between this and Scully-gate.

Narcissistic Gen Y's with overblown feelings of entitlement, and the greedy parents who made them that way.

Just add money-grubbing people managers and you have a recipe for this sort of thing.

Good summary.

these player agents should get an award each year called the "Ricky Nixon Medal" for the most unscrupulous middle -man .

Plenty of similarities between this and Scully-gate.

Narcissistic Gen Y's with overblown feelings of entitlement, and the greedy parents who made them that way.

Just add money-grubbing people managers and you have a recipe for this sort of thing.

Exactly.

Dion puts it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49klxPex-k

Its when the family are doing the negotiations that things go haywire. Heard a story that CLoke's Mum rang Geoff Walsh and demanded that the filth up their offer. Believe it comes form a good source.

Have I missed something? Why the hell, would Adelaide take a risk like this for Tippett? What a joke..... If we were talking about Wayne Carey or Buddy, I'd understand the risk.... But for Tippett.... Really....

Adelaide CEO should be stand down for this disaster. What a brain fade. Assuming the Board were not told and did not know then CEO should be a dead mean walking in that role.

Kurt Tippett should be banned for up to half a year for trying to circumvent the system.

His manager Bulcher should be deregistered as a player agent for 6 to 12 months and is gulity of rank incompetence in negotiating such an illegal deal.

If I was Brendon Sanderson the coach I would be furious at the penalties that will flow in the draft.

Monumental dumb incompetence from all parties to the contract negotiation. They should all be punished.

• Like 2

Adelaide CEO should be stand down for this disaster. What a brain fade. Assuming the Board were not told and did not know then CEO should be a dead mean walking in that role.

The Adelaide Board are the real culprits overall. Everyone else is just trying to play the system.

If the Board didn't have a governance and audit subcommittee, one role of which obviously would be to review all material contracts, which my buisness does, and BHP, and.....hang on- any decently run businensss), then they should go and let some professionals run the club.

In other words - I bet they knew all along and sanctioned the deal - IMO that is.

Have I missed something? Why the hell, would Adelaide take a risk like this for Tippett? What a joke..... If we were talking about Wayne Carey or Buddy, I'd understand the risk.... But for Tippett.... Really....

Totally agree

And just to add to the sense of mystery : Taylor Walker is a better player with a bigger future I reckon

The Adelaide Board are the real culprits overall. Everyone else is just trying to play the system.

If the Board didn't have a governance and audit subcommittee, one role of which obviously would be to review all material contracts, which my buisness does, and BHP, and.....hang on- any decently run businensss), then they should go and let some professionals run the club.

In other words - I bet they knew all along and sanctioned the deal - IMO that is.

Unless you can prove that the CEO had made the Board aware then its game set and match against the CEO.

The Governance and audit committee issue is irrelevant if the CEO is concealing information.

Can someone explain the intracies of this?

Why is it draft tampering to specify which round pick you must be traded for? Or is the bigger problem the extra $200k?

I've always found it interesting that the AFL has to approve each trade, on the basis that each party is receiving commercial value. I think if the club wants to trade for uncommercial reasons, why should the AFL stop it? And who is to say, for example, that Tippett for White and 23 is not commercial value, but Cale for 88 is?

At risk of sounding ignorant, this whole situation confuses me.

• Like 1

The swans suck it up..........come here boy, we got lotsa $s. Pick 23 not enough? We add Jesse White.

The amusing thing - one of them - is that Adelaide would have taken Pick 23, but didn't want White, who Sydney were desperate to offload.

This is the team I dislike the most

I even cheer on the Pies when they play them.

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed anything to do with Adelaide this much.

Oh Joy the year is ending well for me.

May they they be thrown out of the league and barring that tear themselves to pieces

Why is it draft tampering to specify which round pick you must be traded for? Or is the bigger problem the extra $200k?

I've always found it interesting that the AFL has to approve each trade, on the basis that each party is receiving commercial value. I think if the club wants to trade for uncommercial reasons, why should the AFL stop it? And who is to say, for example, that Tippett for White and 23 is not commercial value, but Cale for 88 is?

At risk of sounding ignorant, this whole situation confuses me.

It's the hidden payments, that are the big issue.

If I was Brendon Sanderson the coach I would be furious at the penalties that will flow in the draft.

Sanderson must be beside himself.

Yep. Not a week-in week-out match winner, yet......................

And remember, he's 1 (bad) concussion away from being finished.

2 different issues. Specifying the draft pick a player can be traded for ahead of time is tampering with the draft because draft picks are involved, and draft picks must be at some sort of current value - especially when its written into a contract. An example might be that Tippett goes into the PSD and we let him slide to the dogs; in exchange they agree to trade us their first 2 picks next year for a 3rd rounder.

The $200k is a different issue. All player (related) payments must be included in a club's TPP. (Scully's old man has his $100k included in the GWS TPP because it was considered part of the deal to get Scully to the club. the important part is GWS declared the payment to the AFL.) Any undeclared payments are a breach of the AFL TPP policy. Rediculous thing is that Adelaide could have paid the $200k without actually breaching the payment cap apparently. :o

2 different issues. Specifying the draft pick a player can be traded for ahead of time is tampering with the draft because draft picks are involved, and draft picks must be at some sort of current value - especially when its written into a contract. An example might be that Tippett goes into the PSD and we let him slide to the dogs; in exchange they agree to trade us their first 2 picks next year for a 3rd rounder.

The $200k is a different issue. All player (related) payments must be included in a club's TPP. (Scully's old man has his $100k included in the GWS TPP because it was considered part of the deal to get Scully to the club. the important part is GWS declared the payment to the AFL.) Any undeclared payments are a breach of the AFL TPP policy. Rediculous thing is that Adelaide could have paid the $200k without actually breaching the payment cap apparently. :o

Not draft tampering because the agreement said a 2nd round pick whereas SYDNEY OFFERED A 1ST ROUND PICK.

Agree with your 2nd point.

It's a media beat up.