• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Plumbing the depths of journalism

Chelly

haven't seen much of the former rj. maybe i'm hard to please

No, I think you are on the money there 'daisy'. Most seem to have had the bypass but believe otherwise.

...but back on topic, it's interesting to hear all the comments about winners and losers in this draft/trade/fa period when it's far from over. Even then we won't see a true indication of how we have fared until Hogan is a few years into the system.

Schibeci on SEN is taking Denham to task atmo. Very enjoyable hearing Denham on the back foot rather than the soft peddling he usually gets with KB.

Well done to the Dee's supporters calling the station and presenting some facts!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Non-Melb supporters are now calling to give Denham a hard time over his MFC recruiting/draft comments. Denham is as stubborn as a mule and his refusal to concede anything shows he is no smarter than that beast of burden!

Great to hear we are attacking the enemies and not ourselves.

Keep punching Dees!!!

• Like 1

missing it..hopefully a podcast later :)

He is usual on air again of Friday's at 9.00 so you can catch him then. Hopefully, Schibec, Dees supporters & any other informed footy person, continue to 'bare their teeth'! :lol:

I like Schibec. He tells as it is and doesn't have obvious faves...KB on the otherhand...well what can one say :wacko:

Keep on calling Dee fans!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

can anyone sum up the gist ? cheers

Schibecksaid Dees close to the best so far in recruiting. Denham said that is rubbish, went on with the Melbourne Bears thing ie a team made up of 'recycled' players, ad nauseum.

D thinks we should take the Bulldogs approach, put the cue in the rack for a few years and recruit only kids (and Dee supports should suck it up), pick 20 overs for Dawes etc etc etc.

Callers raised fact that we have recruited more kids: Viney, Hogan, Barry and pick 4; that we had lost experience: Maloney, Jurrah, Green so we need experience and some stronger bodies to help young kids develop. D thought we should have made better use of our draft picks...ha?

S asked D if he would apologise if the Dees won a flag in 3 years. D said it wouldn't happen but yes he would apologise...Hmmm

S finished up with one day we will find out what is behind it all (D's venom towards the Dees)

That's about all I remember...I was more focused on enjoying S's hard edge than listing to the detail.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

can anyone sum up the gist ? cheers

Melbourne Bears sums it up 'BB', he thinks we should be doing what the doggies are doing and recruiting young and not has beens. It was pointed out that Dawes is only 24, you could lay an argument with Byrnes but then he didn't cost us anything.

I don't get the love for Collingwood in this trade period though, all they've done really is racked up a few late first round picks where there are no guarantees. Looks like they think they already have a team to make a run at the flag next year and are bringing some kids in for the future. They might be over rating themselves a bit like Carlton, what happens if Jolly goes down? Would have thought they should be looking for some insurance there.

• Like 1

Schbeck said Dees close to the best so far in recruiting. Denham said that is rubbish, went on with the Melbourne Bears thing ie a team made up of 'recycled' players, ad nausea

D thinks we should take the Bulldogs approach, put the cue in the rack for a few years and recruit only kids (and Dee supports should suck it up), pick 20 overs for Dawes etc etc etc

Callers raised fact that we have recruited more kids: Viney, Hogan, Barry and pick 4; that we had lost experience: Maloney, Jurrah, Green so we need experience and some stronger bodies to help young kids develop. D thought we should have made better use of our draft picks...ha?

S asked D if he would apologise if the Dees won a flag in 3 years. D said it wouldn't happen but yes he would apologise...Hmmm

S finished up with one day we will find out what is behind it all (D's venom towards the Dees)

That's about all I remember...I was more focused on enjoying S's hard edge than listing to the detail.

Man denham is an absolute [censored].

If he looked at our recruiting the last 5-6 years it has predominately been kids, and they don't develop well without great mentors.

The dogs currently have some good mentors, thats where the difference is.

Their list is much older than ours, we already have the youth, just need some older blokes to mentor the kids.

I don't think the two clubs should be compared.

silly denham.

I can't wait for the deez to get some good footy under the belt n stick it up little greggy.

• Like 3

Dee-stressed Denham can go sandblast himself.

There will be many hacks "de-listed" in the next few months from papers around the world.

• Like 2

Melbourne Bears sums it up 'BB', he thinks we should be doing what the doggies are doing and recruiting young and not has beens. It was pointed out that Dawes is only 24, you could lay an argument with Byrnes but then he didn't cost us anything.

I don't get the love for Collingwood in this trade period though, all they've done really is racked up a few late first round picks where there are no guarantees. Looks like they think they already have a team to make a run at the flag next year and are bringing some kids in for the future. They might be over rating themselves a bit like Carlton, what happens if Jolly goes down? Would have thought they should be looking for some insurance there.

cheers

yeah..the Filth is an interesting topic. Anything they select is a likely year or two away from breaking into a side, and that is fine in itself but hardly anything to get too excited or cocky over.

Seems we're damned if we do ..or dont. if we dont acknowledge our shortcoming and address these needs so as to be able to be competitive then we're foolish and doomed to permanent cellar dwelling. If we continue to play kiddie lotto for ever more then w'ere certainties to be cellar dwellers.

I seriously think the biggest error the like of the Denhams of this world make is that they actually think they are right and others should follow their lead..

Quite plainly he's an agenda driven zealot who's blinkered to the realities that surround him.

Whilst the Doggies are in a slightly different position they I feel have baulked at the opportunity to strengthen their list meaningfully.

The kennel is a little bit awash with doo-doos id suggest .The'yll struggle without any meaningful injection of ability. A lot of fluff and stuff eminating from the pooch pound and I think much of the reason to a change of guard is that they know theyre going nowhere fast. Groundhog year for them id say. Still interesting that Stevens nominated them as a club of choice. But who knows for what reasons..lol

Still matters not really what the hacks think.

If Denham does any investigating (a big if...) he probably glances over 'land and would be aware that we rant about his rants. And he'd love the fact he's getting a response. He's a nobody journo with a radio voice as flat and interesting as a corpse. Obviously stirring the pot to get as much reaction as possible. His radio career is only based upon creating a reaction to his so-called controversial opinions, in the hope of becoming a 'personality' and increasing listeners. Then he becomes in demand for comments. He has no substance. Its not working, and resorting to childish name calling (Melbourne Bears) is a further sign of his desperation. Turn off or change station for 30 mins and he will soon disappear.

The major Fact Denham refuses to acknowledge is that of our coach. Neeld has a 3 year contract. He needs to see this team climb upwaards to keep his career alive.

We have already had 5 years in Nursery School, Denham expects another 5?

The club wouldn't survive another 5 years of drafting 18 year olds.

And that would please Denham greatly.

KEEP UP THE PHONE CALLS. This morning was nice to hear so many Demons not prepared to take his rubbish anymore.

I wish Cameron Schwab would ring in, then it would be on.

• Like 2

If Denham does any investigating (a big if...) he probably glances over 'land and would be aware that we rant about his rants. And he'd love the fact he's getting a response.

Much like a couple of posters here who also are very critical of Cameron Schwab. Fancy that, Denham

is of the same opinion. Maybe he's a member on D'Land.

I don't mind someone having a crack at an AFL club as long as their facts are right. He referred to Dawes, Ray, Pedersen and Byrnes as "Dad's army". Dawes will start next year as a 24 year old, Ray will play as a 27 year old, Pedersen 26 and Byrnes 29. Outside of Byrnes, who also isn't overly old, the other three are in their prime.

He mentioned that we should be going the youth path, like Footscray. For the last few years our list has been in the bottom 4 youngest. In the Sun's first year we were the youngest outside of them. And as another poster mentioned the Dogs were old this year.

Also, in 2012, outside of GWS Melbourne have more first round draft picks on their list than any other club.

He really needs to look at the plain old boring facts.

If Denham does any investigating (a big if...) he probably glances over 'land and would be aware that we rant about his rants. And he'd love the fact he's getting a response. He's a nobody journo with a radio voice as flat and interesting as a corpse. Obviously stirring the pot to get as much reaction as possible. His radio career is only based upon creating a reaction to his so-called controversial opinions, in the hope of becoming a 'personality' and increasing listeners. Then he becomes in demand for comments. He has no substance. Its not working, and resorting to childish name calling (Melbourne Bears) is a further sign of his desperation. Turn off or change station for 30 mins and he will soon disappear.

Spot on MS.

I only tuned in today cause I got the heads up from here today.

I've never listened to Denham before and the 1st thing I noticed was what a droning voice he had.

Hardly what you'd expect on radio.

Instead of tuning in to rip in as Lucifers Hero suggests above , we should just turn over and ignore him.

He's nothing more than a troll.

The major Fact Denham refuses to acknowledge is that of our coach. Neeld has a 3 year contract. He needs to see this team climb upwaards to keep his career alive.

We have already had 5 years in Nursery School, Denham expects another 5?

The club wouldn't survive another 5 years of drafting 18 year olds.

And that would please Denham greatly.

KEEP UP THE PHONE CALLS. This morning was nice to hear so many Demons not prepared to take his rubbish anymore.

I wish Cameron Schwab would ring in, then it would be on.

Could sell tickets to that one 'WYL'.

Much like a couple of posters here who also are very critical of Cameron Schwab. Fancy that, Denham

is of the same opinion. Maybe he's a member on D'Land.

I'm critical of Schwab on a number of issues which I've aired before on this site. It doesn't colour my view of the how the club is handling the current trade/draft period or the way Neeld and the FD are handling things, for the record I'm happy for them to make their mark at the club and get us heading in the right direction.

Denham has a view on our recruiting which as 'Ben' has stated above is based on a false assumption. An argument can be made that Dawes is not worth pick 20 and maybe we could have used it for another kid and have run that one around in my own mind for a while now, we probably got it right. Neelds record with the Clark gives him credits in my view.

But as Tony Schibeci said this morning there is something more behind Denhams attacks on Melbourne and maybe it will come to light in the future. So come on Greg grow some balls and tell us what the real issue is. What the problem(s) with CS that colours all of your views re the MFC?

When S questioned him about Dawes not being the main forward because of Clark's presence, he resorted to making up a story of how MFC have stated that Clark will play partly in the ruck as well as forward so Dawes will be the main man. Now I have not seen that written or heard it spoken of in any way shape or form.

When S questioned him about Dawes not being the main forward because of Clark's presence, he resorted to making up a story of how MFC have stated that Clark will play partly in the ruck as well as forward so Dawes will be the main man. Now I have not seen that written or heard it spoken of in any way shape or form.

I would suggest you visit Neelds presser last week on MFC website.