• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Petterd set to leave ...

whitito

I know the feeling Macca

We're losing a player every 10 hours 'od' . They're droppin' like flies . Who's next ? :)

We are already ahead in the trade game :)

We desperately need to get some experienced talent in that October trade month . If we can snag 2 or 3 decent free agents and maybe trade for some talented 20-23 yo's it will lift our spirits . Apparently we have a 'War Chest' !

Surprised at how many are dismissive of this.

Proven marking and tackling ability, in need of some coaching on his set shots and someone who can get him in the right headspace that believes in his raw ability, of which he has oodles. He'll get this at a club that isn't down the shitter and will flourish once he leaves. Nothing surer.

Disappointing if true, but just another player who has stagnated this year. He joins a pretty long list..

Beamer was a disgrace to himself and the club this year so couldn't give a stuff about him, but you get the strong sense that there hasn't been enough belief shown in Ricky and his development has suffered.

I hope the rest who are going to be delisted already know and have there managers scouting for other gigs.

I have a feeling the MFC has already told those players who they are going to get rid of so the players managers can go out and try find other interested clubs, rather then not telling the players, then delisting them when its to late to trade.

We may get some value out of players we didn't expect to.

Indirectly organising trades already for our rejects, well played MFC.

Edited by olisik

The thing with Ricky was that it was hard to see what role he could play - a poor man's Howe, but you can only have so many of those marking mid sized forwards. Particularly ones that aren't great kicks. Someone may take a punt on him after the promise he showed.

A few have touched on it already but the bigger question is the rate at which people are walking out of the club. If it's entirely the players fault for what has happened this year (and that's a separate debate) then the Administration that put in the Coaching, Development and Recruiting people over the last four years should be held accountable. I would argue that there's only 850 odd jobs as an AFL player, and every single AFL player has made all sorts of sacrifices to get to the elite level - to think that a large number would think things are too tough and they'll just walk away is naive.

I just have a gut feeling there is much more to all this than meets the eye.

Surprised at how many are dismissive of this.

Proven marking and tackling ability, in need of some coaching on his set shots and someone who can get him in the right headspace that believes in his raw ability, of which he has oodles. He'll get this at a club that isn't down the shitter and will flourish once he leaves. Nothing surer.

Disappointing if true, but just another player who has stagnated this year. He joins a pretty long list..

Beamer was a disgrace to himself and the club this year so couldn't give a stuff about him, but you get the strong sense that there hasn't been enough belief shown in Ricky and his development has suffered.

He's a lazy player with attitude problems. He has got himself to blame for his position. I am not sure why you differentiate between Moloney and Petterd. Both have slacked and thrown in the towel.

The thing with Ricky was that it was hard to see what role he could play - a poor man's Howe, but you can only have so many of those marking mid sized forwards. Particularly ones that aren't great kicks. Someone may take a punt on him after the promise he showed.

A few have touched on it already but the bigger question is the rate at which people are walking out of the club. If it's entirely the players fault for what has happened this year (and that's a separate debate) then the Administration that put in the Coaching, Development and Recruiting people over the last four years should be held accountable. I would argue that there's only 850 odd jobs as an AFL player, and every single AFL player has made all sorts of sacrifices to get to the elite level - to think that a large number would think things are too tough and they'll just walk away is naive.

I just have a gut feeling there is much more to all this than meets the eye.

Well done. Walk away???....... I think they have been sacked,,,,,Not good enough.

BTW, most of the coaching development and recruiting staff have been turned over in the past 4 years.

And a large number???....so far 4 have gone for different reasons

Guest KingDingAling

Not worth anything, hasn't done a thing since the Collingwood game - was either last year or the year before.

Someone stated they'd seen him on the punt in the Sandy pub - not a good sign especially given I read somewhere that he was out during the year plastered.

Off you go Ricky, could've been a player too.

Mark Neeld has no room for blokes who aren't prepared to work for him.

• Like 2

Walk away???....... I think they have been sacked,,,,,Not good enough.

Case closed. That pretty much sums it up, and there will be more to follow. We can't lament the loss of people who couldn't get a game in an utterly pathetic side. It'd be like kneeling on the kerb by your bin on bin night and crying about good old potato peel who was mercilessly thrown out too soon.

• Like 1

i work as a manager with a team of seven. when i took on the job, there were a few that had bad attitudes and no matter what didnt want to adapt into a new regime. it was a cancer that spread and the morale of the whole team was at an all time low. over time i managed out the ones with a bad attitude and brought in people with the right spark and who beleived in what we were doing.

The team is now florishing and the hard moves have paid off. i have seen too many years of us accepting mediocity and i firmly believe that these hard decisions will set us on the right path.

go dees.

• Like 11

Well, if he has several clubs interested then we'll get something in trade for him. That's a good start. Sadly, I somehow doubt that he'll net us a first round pick, probably not even a second, but we'll get something.

Maybe a trade to Brisbane for Aaron Cornelius?

Do you have any comprehension of the effect of so many players leaving or being told to leave! Who would want to come to MFC! Neeld apparently has no understanding of people management, let alone the effect on the club!

Petterd needs to be more than a marking player at his height. Has to find other ways of winning the ball to improve possession rate. Pretty simple really. Not sure his cirumstances reflect on Neeld's people management skills.

You would think that Bate, Dunn, Bennell, Joel Mac, Bartram, Gys, Martin, Morton and perhaps Rivers And Davey might also be in the mix to get pushed, want out or be traded..... regardless of value or contract status.

Not saying that they should stay, but that's A LOT of players. And we gotta replace them with someone (preferably with experience) who want to come here.

No point putting Joe Blow from Manangatang reserves on the list just to fill a spot. We do have to fill the numbers with quality, or it will be much more than Neeld's career collapsing.

*queue reply post claiming Joe Blow would be better and put him at CHF*

You can write queue posts all you like but that's where we differ in opinion. I would rather have no names play that the coaching panel believes may make the grade rather than hold onto players because we fear that there is no one else out there so mediocre is better than nothing at all. If Neeld and Co think that certain players do not fit in for reasons of committment, skill, discipline - whatever -I say let him recruit his Joe Blows.

There is this ongoing debate about our recruiting -how poorly we have done.I reckon it is combination of recruiting and developing- either way our recruits havent come on. So now we should be scared to let them go because we dont know what we will get to replace them ? If we have recruited so poorly then fix it by getting rid of those we think are poor recruits.

Neeld will live or die by his recruiting and development decisions

We desperately need to get some experienced talent in that October trade month . If we can snag 2 or 3 decent free agents and maybe trade for some talented 20-23 yo's it will lift our spirits . Apparently we have a 'War Chest' !

. Ha ha ha. 2 or 3 free agents ...they will be lucky to get one and if he is 'decent' every other club would be in the hunt......so you really mean a mercenary who will take a Sulleyesque proprtion of this 'war chest' everyone bangs on about. Talented prime age recruits. Oh sure ....will we offer them Bate or Morton with Ricky or Bennell thrown in as the clincher.Or perhaps one of the half dozen or so real players we have, that presumably even the school teacher would like to keep.. Have a look at the number of trades that happen every year and get back to me with how the worst list in town is going to swap for some talented prime age players . BTW Boak has re signed so can everyone at Fantasyland cross him off their lists please. Just as it was really really obvious that Neeld was waiting one season to see who he thought he could work with it is equally obvious that at best he will get one minor restricted free agent and perhaps 2 (max) trades done and they wont be earth shattering deals though,in time, they may be seen as masterstrokes. The interesting trades and pick ups will be at seasons end 2013 and next season should be viewed as similar to Jack Watts 2nd year (hopefully with much more steady improvement) ...................................... Big men/changes take time. I'm off to some park to kick the ball around with blokes who actually know what standard they're at.......the fresh winds of reality. Some of you guys are beating east to west around Cape Horn while pretending you're sailing a schooner on the Trade Winds passage to Tahiti. Schooners are for drinking,what are you on? FWIW Ricky might actually get to be part of a trade,but hardly for an obvious up and coming elite player...So far the guys gone or going are 'rejects' from the worst club in the league.To get a decent trade MFC will have to respond to someone knocking at the door not wandering past the front gate Edited by IRW
  • Like 1

I'm sure I'll get howled down for this, but this club is a joke. Ricky has shown on numerous occasions he can play, but Neeld has been unable to get anything out of him this year.

Why? Because playing as a medium sized forward in a team that averages about 30 inside 50s a week is a terribly hard job.

I still don't understand why Ricky wasn't given opportunities on a wing or at half back to get him into the play, same as Watts, Bennell and any number of others.

I will be really disappointed if Ricky goes, given the number of players on our list who have no discernable ability whatsoever.

• Like 1

Theres no argument ( from me ) that Ricky Bobby has ability. He has no drive

Hes a class above most at VFL but he never seemed to get it that he had to tear it up. He plodded.

he didnt get it !!