• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

"Take the Boots off next time comment was not made by me so i wonder why i should have to comment...But i will say having spent time in the Kimberleys that the Black Fella's up there very rarely wear boots because the ground is too hard..so it was probably quiote strange for Liam to wear the boot.

I fully understand the cultural hardship Liam would have felt coming down to Melbourne...BUT the MFC did bend over backwards to make it as painless as possible..

How many trips up north did members of the MFC make??

It would break Jimmy's heart to see Liam wearing a F$%^&king Port jumper, after silently leaving the club...(to the members anyway)

As soon as Liam went back home last year to face a conflict i knew his time in the city here was finishing..

The whole thing is sad...i just wish Liam had made a statement to the club & its supporters

The Melbourne Football Club went beyond the call of duty....for what?

Your sounding like Alan Jones and your comments indicate strongly that contrary to what you post that you have not much idea of the hardships.

Having said that I do agree with you the situation is very sad and you obviously like me are very upset LIam left.

Yes i know...But it wasn't as if the MFC did not try and do everything plus more to support him

I have been up the top end....it is very different.

everything!! MFC did everything?? Big call..... I don't think so.

Your sounding like Alan Jones and your comments indicate strongly that contrary to what you post that you have not much idea of the hardships.

Having said that I do agree with you the situation is very sad and you obviously like me are very upset LIam left.

Mate please do not equate my Answers to that little evil Man...i have a lot of understanding so please do not put words in my mouth now or ever.

and yes the MFC did everything they could for Liam...Why do you question that???

Interesting parallels can be drawn with Anthony Mundine and the constant hate blogs/posts he endures.

Anthony Mundine deserves all the comments he gets...he thrives on it.

After his 9/11 outburst he lost me forever...and it had nothing to do with the hue of his skin.

His dad was a mighty Boxer..

everything!! MFC did everything?? Big call..... I don't think so.

Alright, I understand what your saying but now that your opinions have replaced facts has annoyed me.

The dees stood by him legally, financially, emotionally and any other lly you would like.

It was in their best interest to do everything they could - he was still a contracted player, he is a demon and for christ sake the MFC isn't an immoral grinch.

I tell you what, how about you tell me how they didnt do everything.

Re the racism comment, there are narrow-minded, racist biggots at every game of football, like in any community, and country.

Alright, I understand what your saying but now that your opinions have replaced facts has annoyed me.

The dees stood by him legally, financially, emotionally and any other lly you would like.

It was in their best interest to do everything they could - he was still a contracted player, he is a demon and for christ sake the MFC isn't an immoral grinch.

Re the racism comment, there are narrow-minded, racist biggots at every game of football, like in any community, and country.

Agreed it was indeed a Racist comment. Just because there are "racist biggots" at every game of football(as you say) does this make it ok or somehow or justify it? You seem annoyed ? Is this by the racist comments or by "opinions replacing facts" whatever that means.

What do you think we have do do within Demonland and the wider community to stop racist bigoted views?

Edited by Dillon and Parke

I think the MFC did a good job supporting Liam Jurrah.

In my eyes, however, in the public sphere we went too far to highlight the uniqueness of his situation and to regard him as such a special case. In no way am I saying that this is the reason that he left, but I simply feel we over-did the media side of his story and didn't treat him the same way we did other players in the public sector.

Also, this isn't specifically the doing of the MFC, obviously the media as a whole played a part - but I just feel we fed into it too much.

Hopefully this phase of the MFC has past and we focus on letting our football do the talking - not press releases and cutsie jumper presentations.

Well said PJ, i wish i had written that...I think i am still reeling from being compared to the Parrot....i feel all wrong now..Yuck!!

In my eyes, however, in the public sphere we went too far to highlight the uniqueness of his situation and to regard him as such a special case. In no way am I saying that this is the reason that he left, but I simply feel we over-did the media side of his story and didn't treat him the same way we did other players in the public sector.

Also, this isn't specifically the doing of the MFC, obviously the media as a whole played a part - but I just feel we fed into it too much.

Hopefully this phase of the MFC has past and we focus on letting our football do the talking - not press releases and cutsie jumper presentations.

Here here! Of course MFC supported Liam Jurrah. Do have much sympathy for some who saw the spirit in him. Whether Melbourne FC did enough to keep him will never be known and really pointless us discussing it. Posts such as "we did everything for him" to that effect are pathetic however.

Agreed it was indeed a Racist comment. Just because there are "racist biggots" at every game of football(as you say) does this make it ok or somehow or justify it? You seem annoyed ? Is this by the racist comments or by "opinions replacing facts" whatever that means.

What do you think we have do do within Demonland and the wider community to stop racist bigoted views?

Yeah sorry I get a bit agitated when people make wildlish conspiracy claims with no factual basis - just opinions - and start calling people Alan Jones.

I didnt mean to justify the racist comment - by saying that there are always people like that. I meant to say that there will always be skid stains on the undies of society, it doesnt make it right, but you shouldnt try and draw long strung connections.

Personally if I hear something Ill say something. I know that sounds key board warrior-ish but I hate racism and I'm pretty belligerent so ill say something if it pisses me off.

Re what we have to do to fix it I have no idea! Lol its a tough issue. Every generation has their fight or struggle - I think its time that the next one is about reducing racism and increasing the welfare of aboriginals and equal marriage.

All for which i for.

Wbu?

Well said PJ, i wish i had written that...I think i am still reeling from being compared to the Parrot....i feel all wrong now..Yuck!!

Hahaha its the ultimate insult isnt it - he has such an ugly mug!

Better go jump in the shower!!

alanjones_wideweb__470x346,0.jpg

Edited by PJ_12345

Yeah sorry I get a bit agitated when people make wildlish conspiracy claims with no factual basis - just opinions - and start calling people Alan Jones.

I didnt mean to justify the racist comment - by saying that there are always people like that. I meant to say that there will always be skid stains on the undies of society, it doesnt make it right, but you shouldnt try and draw long strung connections.

Personally if I hear something Ill say something. I know that sounds key board warrior-ish but I hate racism and I'm pretty belligerent so ill say something if it pisses me off.

Re what we have to do to fix it I have no idea! Lol its a tough issue. Every generation has their fight or struggle - I think its time that the next one is about reducing racism and increasing the welfare of aboriginals and equal marriage.

All for which i for.

Wbu?

equality in marriage? Agreed

Reducing racism? no....eradication's better.

didn't read any comments calling anyone Alan Jones. Did read one "sounds like" what Alan Jones would say....very different.

"based on opinions"

I did read a post based on an event one witnessed at a Melbourne v Richmond match. These occurrences are frequent and opinion doesn't come into to it. Can't find the post now but empathised with it because have heard similar words spoken about Jurrah while he was playing for Melbourne. This is an issue alive and well in the Members area of the Melbourne FC. The comments happen and they're dead set designed to hurt.

Good work all the same PJ! Keep fighting !

That said, much more interested in seeing him get his life and his families lives back on track.

Really? I would like to see him winning matches of football for the Melbourne Football Club, whose community plucked him from obscurity and supported him with vast amounts of time, money and general emotion only to be repaid with a complete ditching for nothing. Yep, really hoping he becomes a superstar for Port, perhaps the good lord will let us witness him kick a big bag in a big match against us.

• Like 1

Reducing racism? no....eradication's better.

The comments happen and they're dead set designed to hurt.

Thanks mate and you hit the nail on the head there and it couldnt be said any better - they only designed to hurt.

Re "based on opinions" i meant to refer to a statement about how the MFC didnt give Jurrah all their support.

Let me just put something down here..

Having seen some football in the Kimberleys in the 90's as i have said earlier most of the players on both sides played with bare feet...and my God could they run & carry that ball.

So to me somebody playing football in bare feet is not Rascist at all...in fact i have Respect..

Now if somebody else thinks and says that in a Rascist manner that is for them to deal with....I am not responsible to strangers at a football match.

I am genuinely sad that Liam has gone...But i am also sad he left without saying even a small Goodbye & Thankyou" to the Members.

I also reiterate my point that the Liam Jurrah Biography should now be at about Chapter 7....Far from finished.

That Book came out way too early, & was the start of the end.

There isn't. But being ungracious makes you a [censored] in my book. You're welcome to take a different view.

maybe you're right and like I say don't take it personally. he certainly played gracious football. For me though a formal thank you was not called for or necessary. He said thank you in his "own way" . Taking absolute screamers and by making me proud to talk about Melbourne. Making me excited to watch Melbourne play at the prospect of delighting in one Liam Jurrah. That's thanks enough. Doing is always better than the talk. Very sad he's gone.

• Like 1

maybe you're right and like I say don't take it personally. he certainly played gracious football. For me though a formal thank you was not called for or necessary. He said thank you in his "own way" . Taking absolute screamers and by making me proud to talk about Melbourne. Making me excited to watch Melbourne play at the prospect of delighting in one Liam Jurrah. That's thanks enough. Doing is always better than the talk. Very sad he's gone.

Will you enjoy his "doing" next year in a Port Adelaide Jumper?

I won't.

Really? I would like to see him winning matches of football for the Melbourne Football Club, whose community plucked him from obscurity and supported him with vast amounts of time, money and general emotion only to be repaid with a complete ditching for nothing. Yep, really hoping he becomes a superstar for Port, perhaps the good lord will let us witness him kick a big bag in a big match against us.

Exactly. I loved watching him play, but I can not find it in myself to hope he plays for another club after the way he treated the MFC. A person of integrity simply does not act like that, no matter the motivation. If he wanted to go live with his family he should have had a quiet word to the club and asked them to find him a trade like so many others have this year.