• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

I'm not blaming it on Neeld I'm saying each player has to be fitted into the club ethic in a way that is appropriate to their situation.

LJ, because he has a lot of unique issues, would seem to be in need of support and training regimes that would differ markedly from blokes like Jones (for example),or Watts. Its not really clear whether this has happened.In fact the public impression is that everyone at MFC is given the same treatment......despite the talk of tailored programs

I have noticed that in the past that Neeld has never addressed LJ's situation publicly.

This possibly may be appropriate though perhaps just one comment would have indicated he was treating each player in the way he felt was most likely to get 'results'.

I cant tell myself but his public performances dont make me warm to him and as I said thus far he's batting zero.

We'll see in due course.

In 5 years he may have the team of his liking and we'll all think he's a bit of a hard nut but he's doing the job.

I wonder how many of the list will be there.

5 years? I wonder if Neeld will be there...for the record I've said here and on Ology that I hope he has the total support of the Board and his coaching group.

I agree that it was pretty much a no win situation and that isnt Neelds fault. I noted that the Pies werent keen to take the risk even before the alleged attack. I wonder where Neeld was when that decision was made?

Everyone knows Liams situation and the difficulties he's had to deal with before and after the current matter. Do I have to include that in every post? I think its a given....obviously.

I am questioning Neelds judgement though.

Fair enough, I disagree with you though. You can't make special circumstances for people no matter their background. You come to MFC you prepare yourself in a professional manner to play AFL grade footy to the best of your ability. Pretty sure Liam wasn't volunteering to play at the club and then they treated him like [censored], he was paid and paid well for the honour of playing for the MFC, the oldest club in the land, just as every player is. You can either do what's required and make the grade or you can't and join the long list of couldabeens. But you can't have different rules for different players you're either in or you're out.

• Like 2

The only positive than can come out of this is Boak.

I am beyond gutted by this act of disloyalty after the support we've given him.

An above poster mentioned Strauss wants out .Any facts to support this?

Also Rivers to Geelong- tell him he's dreaming.

Fair enough, I disagree with you though. You can't make special circumstances for people no matter their background. You come to MFC you prepare yourself in a professional manner to play AFL grade footy to the best of your ability. Pretty sure Liam wasn't volunteering to play at the club and then they treated him like [censored], he was paid and paid well for the honour of playing for the MFC, the oldest club in the land, just as every player is. You can either do what's required and make the grade or you can't and join the long list of couldabeens. But you can't have different rules for different players you're either in or you're out.

Point is I wonder whether there were under the Bailey years. There is a difference between cultural sensitivities and excusing

The only positive than can come out of this is Boak.

I am beyond gutted by this act of disloyalty after the support we've given him.

We might get something for Jurrah if somehow Port decide to pick him up which I very much doubt. But I doubt it would be Boak unless we added some significant sweatners. Adelaide will not take the chance I can tell you.

Ive heard Strauss wants out but I doubt Rivers is going anywhere - just boosting currency for his end of year negotiations.

For a MFC fan it's surprising that you put so little faith and have so little respect for the fact Mark Neeld won a competitive job interview to have the privilege of coaching the MFC.

The fact he got the job, means he is to be respected. As in, the MFC gave him respect and acknowledged his credentials and worthiness of respect, by appointing him to be the coach.

No riddles or rhymes, he joins a respected list of other coaches of the MFC.

Like i said, clueless.

Edited by PaulRB

Strauss, like Rivers, is pure speculation. Nothing in it at all.

I'm gutted also by this - I can understand why he has gone and why he needs to be around his family and I always thought it would happen sooner rather than later in his career. However he could have handled this far better and shown Melbourne some of the support we have shown him.

Blaming Neeld, or anyone in the FD for this, is wrong on so many levels. How could it possibly be Neeld's fault? Just another excuse for people to come out and pot him at every opportunity. This club has been down the toilet for a while now, we asked for the change, and then when he starts to make the necessary changes to turn this club around we start to criticise him for it?

What a fickle bunch we are.

Edited by Wiseblood
  • Like 3

So he says to the club that he cant commit to AFL at any level until his court case is finalised. Yesterday it has been confirmed that his manager approached Port Adelaide. His mentor said on SEN tonight that he would be willing to continue his AFL career at an Adelaide-based club.

• Like 2

I don't blame the guy for wanting to be with family and deal with his unique situation, but if MFC get nothing in return for him leaving because of the way he chooses to leave it's a massive knife in the back to a club that has done everything it can for him and stood by him during this tough time.

Hey Rudeboy...are you out there? We are hurting...why did Liam just up and walk out on us?

We know he had to go but why didn't he take a more conventional approach. Even if he didn't like the new football regime, surely the MFC itself has earnt his respect.

I think your murking the facts. Certainly unded the Daniher years our club was used as an example of how to manage the cultural aspects of having indigenous players come down to Melbourne in the cold and play in the AFL. So we have good history on this point.

Im inclined to think that since Dean Bailey our relationships with indigenous players have been a failure.

Our good record had a lot to do with the leadership of Matty Whelan, I reckon. Without Wrecker it seems to have been slowly unravelling.

• Like 3

Don't want to tell my son that his first ever favourite footballer is now no longer going to be playing for the Dees but I don't have much choice.

Not sure who is second favourite is. Not sure he even has one. :(

Get on Jeremy Howe!

8 hangers of the week, You gotta love that!!

So he says to the club that he cant commit to AFL at any level until his court case is finalised. Yesterday it has been confirmed that his manager approached Port Adelaide. His mentor said on SEN tonight that he would be willing to continue his AFL career at an Adelaide-based club.

To be fair nothing is set in stone and he hasn't said when he wants to continue his footy career. Remember - Port approached him, not the other way around. If he gets through the court case he might look to play in the SANFL for a season and get his career going again in 2014.;

• Like 1

Mixed messages...

The Age that he's keen on a Adelaide club.

Port say they'd have a look.

The MFC say he's hanging with his family till March court case, which implies he's not playing in 2013...

Edited by PaulRB

Our good record had a lot to do with the leadership of Matty Whelan, I reckon. Without Wrecker it seems to have been slowly unravelling.

Underrated as a player and leader that man. Loved him, still one of my favourite MFC players of all time.

• Like 5

Wonder if Howe will get Number 24 now? Join the other famous highlight reel from Tassie.

I bloody hope not. Can't someone keep their first number and build some damn history in it for once? 38 is Jeremy Howe.

• Like 2

Rather odd that the Club met with Liam 'tonight'. The news broke on the airwaves at around 3.30 this afternoon. Does that mean he didn't personally tell the Club...pretty low if that is the case!

• Like 2