Jacking Up

dazzledavey36

Is that legit about Gysberts? Disappointing if true.

They have all had their injuries though, Tappy had his hips, Strauss broken leg and Gysberts with his jaw. No doubt that it has had an impact on their development. I feel it would be a mistake to put a line through them at this stage.

I believe my source

down south I understand

Only a rumour but I have heard that Strauss is also not happy and looking for a trade.

New one to me

However I would not dismiss any suggestion that players would be weighing up there options at the MFC.

It is a long haul out the position we are in.

If you could snag a spot at one of the top ten clubs it would put you 3 - 4 years ahead of staying with the dees

Whos your souce? Is he/she involved in the club or relation to Gysberts?

In all honesty I would be pretty disappointed if he left.

I am not going to reveal my source for obvious reasons

You can believe it or not

I believe my source

I believe he is not happy at the MFC

If he could get to one of a couple of clubs he would go.

You have to remember we are entering a new era in player / club trading.

Most players if they want to are trade-able for the right deal

Time will tell.

I guess time will tell. They arent free agents though and melbourne will have to agree to a trade.

I wouldnt be letting them go if I were the MFC

What if you could get a 25 year old proven midfield player and you had to sweeten the deal with a player who was show signs of disillusionment with the MFC?

Edited by old dee

It is definetly a puff peice but I am happy to get a small insight in to the club at what they are trying to acheive.

Offseason 2012/13 is going to be very important.....

Feel like we've been on a starvation diet for "puff pieces" this year...bring it on! It was a satisfying read. And, Im embarassed to admit, that even this soon after the season from hell is over Im willing to enetertain slight hope for 2013. Even though Ive have been doing that every year since 1971! Either I never learn or Im a tortured fan.

Now...if we if could only just strap Jonesy onto Delsanto and Watts onto Cloke...and...etc.

I am not going to reveal my source for obvious reasons

You can believe it or not

I believe my source

I believe he is not happy at the MFC

If he could get to one of a couple of clubs he would go.

You have to remember we are entering a new era in player / club trading.

Most players if they want to are trade-able for the right deal

Time will tell.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have not seen anything in Strauss so far to enthuse me.

What if you could get a 25 year old proven midfield player and you had to sweeten the deal with a player who was show signs of disillusionment with the MFC?

Is there one we could get? Dont say Boak either because he will stay at Port or go to Geelong.

What signs of disillusionment do you speak of?

I'm going to throw this one in before DaisyCutter does - if the players decide not to "Jacking Up" this preseason, would it be fair to say that they would be "Jacking Off"?

Sheesh, billy oh billy, i'd never say something like that.....wash you mouth out

btw, heard morts was jacking up with jacky watts

Is there one we could get? Dont say Boak either because he will stay at Port or go to Geelong.

What signs of disillusionment do you speak of?

I don't know why he may be disallusioned.

My contact says he is.

He may not like Neeld, he may think he is being badly treated compared to some others,he might think a change of location might change his luck.

I don't know the reasons just believe he is not happy.

Edited by old dee

Maybe I am missing something, but I have not seen anything in Strauss so far to enthuse me.

This was in reference to Gysberts not Strauss

I do agree Redleg Strauss does not fill me with glee.

I cut him a little slack as he has had some bad injuries.

My question on the rumour about Gys to Geelong is about his motivations. Does he believe that he will get more game time at Geelong than at Melbourne? Laughable. Is he not happy with the work being asked of him at Melbourne? It will be worse at Geelong. I just can't see an angle where he wins in this deal.

If this was done in Bailey's years it would've been seen as tanking!

The plan all year was obvious, kick along the boundary line to create a contest/stoppage, try and run down the clock by playing more contested footy, ideally reducing the amount of floggings. But, as AFL does (ie changes from year to year), the stoppages were cleared quicker, which meant we were too slow and good opposition found holes in our zones everywhere.

In the 2nd part of the year, we were using the corridor a lot more, which would've been the start of seeing some form of our future game plan taking place. This gave Neeld about 11 true match simulation training sessions to see what still needed to be worked on.

I'm not buying in to this business about us being better in the 2nd half of the year. We played far weaker opponents, so I don't see how this can be somehting to hang our hat on.

The biggest concern I have is Neeld getting the players to play exciting football, and be excited about playing. He's stripped the players of both areas, and will take some work getting it back (especailly the latter). If he can do that and we can see obvious improvement, his next challenge will be to keep the players focused on becomming the best, and that such a title takes continual hard work.

So, Billy, should we just sack him now and see if some idiot would put his trust in us for a....well, maybe we should offer a six month contract to someone and would we think that they would be really quality people???

I see just so many positives in the article, but others only see negatives.

I guess we will have to agree to differ.

Edited by monoccular

So, Billy, should we just sack him now and see if some idiot would put his trust in us for a....well, maybe we should offer a six month contract to someone and would we think that they would be really quality people???

I see just so many positives in the article, but others only see negatives.

I guess we will have to agree to differ.

What are you talking about? The only negative I brought up from the article was against the players, in terms of not getting ahead of themseleves if they start winning a couple of games (as has been done by a number of Melbourne players/teams over the past 2 decades).

Neeld has stripped back this team, and will continue to do so until he gets 48 blokes (or however many are on a list) that will agree to his ways. It's going to take a lot of work getting some of those players back on side, and I wish him all the best. I'm far from calling for his head.

And yes, the article was full of positives. But to bring this article out 2 days after our season ended with just 1 recognised win on the board, I'm sorry if I wasn't as aroused as you obviously were. If they can produce another article at the end of this preseason/start of season 2013 that shows just how much work Jones put in to Blease, and how Sammy's 3km time trial result was a PB and saw him record a time in the low 9 minutes, then I will very optimistic for what is ahead.