Schwab and McLardy ... Time To Stand Up.

Range Rover

Exactly how i feel OD

Its so typical of this amin just like some of the player roll over take it where it hurts an play dead Geeesus Really weak

Not too upset yet. However after this BS "investigation" they better come out swinging.

As if we haven't copped enough crap this year!! That germ McLean should not be welcomed back at the MFC again.

Edited by Mac7

We've lacked unity and strength for so long, and now is the time to show it, FFS SOMEONE stand up for MFC!

If they really want to change the culture of this club, now would be a good time, come out swinging. If they cower behind closed doors, after the AFL reach a decision on what course of action (if any) they may as well pack up shop.

We talk of the "Norm Smith Curse" this leads way back to that. What did the then Board do to back up the greatest coach of all time?. (Smith said something out of line,but did the board back him?) not a snowflake in hells chance. they hid in the long room, when there was mention of a civil suite. Let him fall on his on sword. Then the best they could do for him , was show him the door.

Since then, our club has been used as a doormat, kicked from pillar to post, run the club dry of funds and if anyone takes potshots, they still hide under their desks, like frightened rabbits.

Badly managed club, run by corporates, sitting no their high horses, and making bad descisions. Stynes said when he took over, this is NOT a football club, when he heard about the players not knowing about their Xmas party.

Well guys, if the heat gets turned up, when its your time to go,and you go hard. You roll over, and the football dept follows. The culture is in your hands, lets pray they are up for the challenge, or we may as well just close the front gates.

As Stuie said.... Somebody? anyone? who has got the balls, or do we just roll over again.

I would not advocate going too early on this, but somebody from above has to show some leadership, and get us on track. 2chins would have 1/2 of Westpac centre ripped to bits by now, thats before he let rip on anyone having a shot at his club.

• Like 1

If they really want to change the culture of this club, now would be a good time, come out swinging. If they cower behind closed doors, after the AFL reach a decision on what course of action (if any) they may as well pack up shop.

We talk of the "Norm Smith Curse" this leads way back to that. What did the then Board do to back up the greatest coach of all time?. (Smith said something out of line,but did the board back him?) not a snowflake in hells chance. they hid in the long room, when there was mention of a civil suite. Let him fall on his on sword. Then the best they could do for him , was show him the door.

Since then, our club has been used as a doormat, kicked from pillar to post, run the club dry of funds and if anyone takes potshots, they still hide under their desks, like frightened rabbits.

Badly managed club, run by corporates, sitting no their high horses, and making bad descisions. Stynes said when he took over, this is NOT a football club, when he heard about the players not knowing about their Xmas party.

Well guys, if the heat gets turned up, when its your time to go,and you go hard. You roll over, and the football dept follows. The culture is in your hands, lets pray they are up for the challenge, or we may as well just close the front gates.

As Stuie said.... Somebody? anyone? who has got the balls, or do we just roll over again.

I would not advocate going too early on this, but somebody from above has to show some leadership, and get us on track. 2chins would have 1/2 of Westpac centre ripped to bits by now, thats before he let rip on anyone having a shot at his club.

Agree. Good post.

I hope McLardy and Schwab are presently crouched in the trench, shotguns locked and loaded, trained on the appropriate targets.

Edited by Range Rover

Just saw that a reporter from the Hun wrote an article today suggesting that Kevin Sheedy will lose against GC Suns to ensure they get first pick in the draft. The club president issued a press release within hours saying what an insult it was to the club and coach.

Meanwhile a former player accuses us of deliberately trying to lose and we do nothing.

Neeld told the players on the weekend that it's time that this club stood for something. I wish those further up the chain agreed.

• Like 1

Have i missed something? I can't understand why anyone would expect MFC to 'come out swinging'. Against what, against who? We tanked pure and simple, and of course we we not alone in this, so we can hardly take the moral high ground

What's McClardy going to rail against? McClean? phoeey - who cares what he says. The AFL? They haven't done anything wrong in this so far.

Playing it with a straight bat is the approriate response in my book.

Edited by binman
  • Like 2

What's McClardy going to rail against? McClean? phoeey - who cares what he says. The AFL? They haven't done anything wrong in this so far.

Playing it with a straight bat is the approriate response in my book.

Precisely. So much getting knickers twisted over so little substance. This all stems from a dumb comment from a dumb footballer that had words put in to his dumb mouth by a couple of parasites sitting on a couch. Those who want our senior management to "come out swinging" want them to swing at phantoms.

And as rpfc said (in the other thread?), the wording of the statement is subtly clever. It implies the AFL are investigating Brock McLean, not the MFC.

• Like 1

Guest Thomo

Precisely. So much getting knickers twisted over so little substance. This all stems from a dumb comment from a dumb footballer that had words put in to his dumb mouth by a couple of parasites sitting on a couch. Those who want our senior management to "come out swinging" want them to swing at phantoms.

And as rpfc said (in the other thread?), the wording of the statement is subtly clever. It implies the AFL are investigating Brock McLean, not the MFC.

I don't log on much these days because I got sick of Nasher, RPFC, and the demonland endorsed alias's of e45 (currently Jose) stifling all conversation that doesn't tow the party line, but I couldn't let this one go.

I didn't even think you could spin this one, but you have surprised me with the length that you will go.

The Melbourne Football Club brand is getting smashed in the media at the moment, the team is struggling on the field and the club has failed to meet membership and corporate supporter targets. The two major sponsors (I say 'major', but the dollar amounts were never mentioned like they normally are, it is assumed that it was given away at a rock bottom price after the energy watch debacle) are only signed on for this year. Deserved or not, an ex Melbourne player and the ex president have dragged the clubs name through the mud in the last two days.

Spending is up, and on the back of poor on field results and the off field shambles, revenue will be below target. In a couple of months Melbourne will again be without a major sponsor, however this time the brand is worth less.

The club is going to be in serious financial trouble again if this continues, but you are happy with 'subtly clever' wording when telling the world that we will roll over and play dead. It does not matter what the 'subtly clever' wording is trying to imply, the AFL has said that they will be investigating allegations of tanking at Melbourne, and Melbourne have said that they welcome that.

How about the 'subtly clever' wording say something along the lines of 'Melbourne will be interested to see the scope of the AFL investigation. With Richmond and Carlton coaching staff indicating that they had not coached to win, combined with out of the ordinary performances by Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast, we expect the investigation to be a wide ranging one'

Instead Schwab and McLardy have offered nothing. Both of them need to go.

• Like 2

How about the 'subtly clever' wording say something along the lines of 'Melbourne will be interested to see the scope of the AFL investigation. With Richmond and Carlton coaching staff indicating that they had not coached to win, combined with out of the ordinary performances by Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast, we expect the investigation to be a wide ranging one'

Why give your enemy the benefit of knowing in advance what you might do?

Say as little as possible and let them sweat on it.

In a game of chess you don't expose your King to attack unless absolutely necessary.

Your move AFL.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest Thomo

Why give your enemy the benefit of knowing in advance what you might do?

Say as little as possible and let them sweat on it.

In a game of chess you don't expose your King to attack unless absolutely necessary.

Your move AFL.

To follow you with an analogy;

Why go enter into prolonged gorilla warfare when you can end it with a swift pre-emptive strike?

I don't log on much these days because I got sick of Nasher, RPFC, and the demonland endorsed alias's of e45 (currently Jose) stifling all conversation that doesn't tow the party line, but I couldn't let this one go.

I didn't even think you could spin this one, but you have surprised me with the length that you will go.

The Melbourne Football Club brand is getting smashed in the media at the moment, the team is struggling on the field and the club has failed to meet membership and corporate supporter targets. The two major sponsors (I say 'major', but the dollar amounts were never mentioned like they normally are, it is assumed that it was given away at a rock bottom price after the energy watch debacle) are only signed on for this year. Deserved or not, an ex Melbourne player and the ex president have dragged the clubs name through the mud in the last two days.

Spending is up, and on the back of poor on field results and the off field shambles, revenue will be below target. In a couple of months Melbourne will again be without a major sponsor, however this time the brand is worth less.

The club is going to be in serious financial trouble again if this continues, but you are happy with 'subtly clever' wording when telling the world that we will roll over and play dead. It does not matter what the 'subtly clever' wording is trying to imply, the AFL has said that they will be investigating allegations of tanking at Melbourne, and Melbourne have said that they welcome that.

What if Anderson said, "shut up boys and let me take care of this?"

To follow you with an analogy;

Why go enter into prolonged gorilla warfare when you can end it with a swift pre-emptive strike?

A pre-emptive strike to prevent what exactly?

No-one that matters has threatened us with anything.

Yet.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Piss the AFL off before the investigation has even started - good plan. Why not give it the opportunity to blow over on its own first?

BTW, I believe the club should make a statement to or about Gardner, but that's a story for a different time I think.

A pre-emptive strike to prevent what exactly?

No-one that matters has threatened us with anything.

Yet.

I liked your post because it's spot on, but I'm a bit confused because you seem to be arguing against your own OP.

I liked your post because it's spot on, but I'm a bit confused because you seem to be arguing against your own OP.

Yes I jumped the gun a bit with the OP, expecting the AFL to declare open season on us.

They didn't thank God. But I'm still not convinced they won't.

• Like 1

At least McGuire has said something, pity we've heard nothing from our guys....

''It's a bit staggering this has come on the back of Brock McLean, when we had an investigation and quotes [last year] from Dean Bailey. I don't know what they [the AFL] are hoping to achieve from this.

''It apparently didn't happen, they had their investigation; move on."

''It's a bit staggering this has come on the back of Brock McLean, when we had an investigation and quotes [last year] from Dean Bailey. I don't know what they [the AFL] are hoping to achieve from this.

Yes we did. We welcomed the investigation into Brock McLean.

Thomo, I've generally extended the invitation but I've had no takers so far, Range Rover is waiting in his trench with his armoury and old dee is "grandfathering" - maybe you'll be the first. Please pen your press release here ...

• Like 1

As others have said (or stifled) - why do we need to say anything to inflame a situation that the AFL will sweep under the expansive AFL 'Sgt Schultz' Carpet ©?

I keep on saying this - NOTHING WILL COME OF THIS.

We don't need to inflame other clubs and give McLean any credibility.

We are getting murdered in the media?

Huh, must be the footy season - we are the [censored] of the footy world right now.

But can we pick our fights, please?

Nothing will come of this, Paul Gardner will get a series of polite 'WTFs?' from his mates and that will be that.

Apologies for the stifling.

• Like 1

Oh how I wish he was the President of the MFC

Yes we did. We welcomed the investigation into Brock McLean.

Technically yes, so maybe I should say to my satisfaction and many others here they could have come out strongly on this. As has been said the issue has already been investigated why would you welcome opening it up again.

Technically yes, so maybe I should say to my satisfaction and many others here they could have come out strongly on this. As has been said the issue has already been investigated why would you welcome opening it up again.

Very simple rjay we need the AFL way more than they need us.