Demonland

I am saying, if neeld is not sacked by the board, there may be a challenge to the board. A new ticket if you will.

I'd love to see the group of learned members that would challenge based upon the current board not sacking a coach during his first season.

I'm sure that it would be credible alternative .... as long as they are allowed out long enough to do their duties.

• Like 1

Although I suggested to others that we would lose by 9 goals...

This brings me to an idea.

More commenters on here should post their thoughts on the losing margin before the game. I reckon I would have picked at least a 9 goal loss today, as I couldn't see us kicking more than 10 for the game with that midfield and forward line.

It's really irritating when people come on here and kick the coach, FD and players while completely ignoring the lack of experience and skill in the team that took to the field. If your going to be Mondays expert have the balls to have a dip on Friday.

• Like 3

Regards to the football that was played today.

Servicable mentions

Jones - really the only reason to go to the footy at the moment tries week in week out.

The rest can go and get stuffed.

Dishonorable mentions

Jake Spencer - is tall..... Yep he's tall....thats all I got

Jordie mckenzie - I love his toil and heart but if your a starting midfielder you have to be able to execute the most fundamental skill of the game which he absolutely can't.

Garland would of made an ostrich look goo playing out the tonight 4 disposals.

This may sound stupid to some of you all but I for one would like to see a mass brawl with punches thrown and opposition players smashed around for a few minutes .I would like the opposition to actually have some fear associated with playing us .We have so much Sh!t on our list that they may as well be used for something.It's all a bit nice and professional and"not the face".The effect this would have would be to inject some passion and some desire to run hard for your mates .

They dont look like mates ATM .

They look like guys trying not to make mistakes .

• Like 1

Gee you fired me up nasher. Your the boss, ok.

One of the very few things youve cottoned on to !! well done
If you heard talk back radio after the game from older Melbourne supporters, ie, prior to 64, you would have heard genuine disgust with mark neeld, and the commentators did not disagree.
Now theres a qualified survey result if ever there was. On what basis would any disgust be warranted and since when do most media commentators know jack sh!t ? Most are full of their own import and make the mistake of beleiveing that simply because something they utter is printed or broadcast that it might actually be worthy of any real consideration.
I, am now probably in the majority of supporters who think neeld is done. Many of us have seen enough.
By what sampling can you possibly support that...oh thats right...your 're delusional
This is a democracy correct?
Actually, NO. You are here by invitaton and your agreement to toe the line , i.e obey rules. You dont get to make them; neither do I
I am saying, if neeld is not sacked by the board, there may be a challenge to the board. A new ticket if you will.
Feel free to form your own
Because the board members gave g.Lyon to much authority and power of influence that resulted in a 5 year rebuild that has left us worse than we started.

They gave him exactly the autority that was required and long overdue. Were actually in a very good position, but you wouldnt recognise that. We are at teh position of knowledge, raw, bare and utterly unmistakable knowledge. Theres no hiding or mistaking what we have or dont have. You can build from that. You cant build on illsuional footings.
Nb: Financially we are doing well because of stynes and wealthy supporters.

We are doing well because enough ppl cared to keep this club afloat. That same G Lyon you so ungraciously harpoon was very instrumental in this. Care to go say thankyou ?

If you heard talk back radio after the game from older Melbourne supporters, ie, prior to 64, you would have heard genuine disgust with mark neeld, and the commentators did not disagree.

I, am now probably in the majority of supporters who think neeld is done. Many of us have seen enough.

Why?

Because the board members gave g.Lyon to much authority and power of influence that resulted in a 5 year rebuild that has left us worse than we started.

So the guys on the talkback radio are sorting it all out for us .Cool. Everything is under control .

I am not sold on Neeld based purely on his press conferences. How you respond to scrutiny I think partly defines your ability to coach: you need to be able to address obvious issues highlighted by the common man.

Nothing has changes this week vs most other weeks this year.

Those who say Neeld can't coach - they don't know

Those who say he can - they don't know.

What we do know is that under any coach, we have a whole lot of spuds. That we do know. Terrible to say, and a lot of it is list management as much as anything, but it is the case. And it means more losses to better sides.

• Like 3

Why?

No, this board is not a democracy. Posters are not all equal. No-one votes the mods in. THANK CHRIST

The board challenge and Neeld are two separate issues. They should be kept separate.

Edited by timD

If anyone can explain what's going on and it makes sense for the last 5 years I'll fall over.

We are experimenting with our list and waiting for all the good teams to get old .

Tanking is such a negative word.

As Carlton found out-it doesn't work.

If anyone can explain what's going on and it makes sense for the last 5 years I'll fall over.

The only real progress has occured since the late and great Jim took to the problem with a different approach.Weve only been making any inroads for 3 years. As far as the FD goes weve only really started properly as of recreation of the FD as of late last year. Were now seeing a weeding out process. That will result in a serious revision of the stylel and makeup of the list going into 2013.

Some how many seem to think this all happens overniight

We are experimenting with our list and waiting for all the good teams to get old .

Tanking is such a negative word.

As Carlton found out-it doesn't work.

You forgot to mention we're letting others go past us also.

Port

Richmond

Brisbane

North

We will have achieved the rebuild when GC and GWS go past us.

There is no way in hell I am paying for myself and my family (who never go and I'm an MCC member) to be MFC members next year. Say what you will but I'd much prefer to give my money to people who need it. Personally I think our list is ok but it's miles from a Premiership list and I don't trust this club to do what it takes to become a Premiership club. If we are seriously considering paying Cloke millions to play ordinary footy for us for 3 years and then spend his pre retirement playing seconds then we're more farked than I thought. I'm going to watch the better clubs play football for the rest of the season.

This post possibly represents the views of the 'silent majority' of demon supporters - if it was politics, the thoughts behind this post would be carefully considered. Perhaps the club should take note and not just dismiss it as just another critical view.

• Like 2

Nothing has changes this week vs most other weeks this year.

Those who say Neeld can't coach - they don't know

Those who say he can - they don't know.

What we do know is that under any coach, we have a whole lot of spuds. That we do know. Terrible to say, and a lot of it is list management as much as anything, but it is the case. And it means more losses to better sides.

Sad but very, very true.

The only real progress has occured since the late and great Jim took to the problem with a different approach.Weve only been making any inroads for 3 years. As far as the FD goes weve only really started properly as of recreation of the FD as of late last year. Were now seeing a weeding out process. That will result in a serious revision of the stylel and makeup of the list going into 2013.

Some how many seem to think this all happens overniight

The has been no natural improvement in any of the list we're the least skilled established club in the game.

Frawley

Garland

Mckenzie

Bail

Trengove

Dunn

All gone backwards where is the natural development we're actually getting more shite

Edited by Diablo Deemon

I'm always here mate, sometimes quietly, but always taking note of comments made - what is needed is obvious, but the course of action is not easy. Just keep holding people accountable, eventually success will come.

I'm always here mate, sometimes quietly, but always taking note of comments made - what is needed is obvious, but the course of action is not easy. Just keep holding people accountable, eventually success will come.

Maybe you and Tone can join forces and start forming your ticket to challenge the board.

• Like 2

Maybe you and Tone can join forces and start forming your ticket to challenge the board.

You could get on board Nasher - we need a good front-man - my 'suit' days are gone!

Honestly, as a Demon supporter for 60+ years, and yet again a current member, this has turned into the very first season (yes, including the 70s and early 80s) ever that I just cannot bear to watch them play. I had always made every effort to optimistically get to games when family and work allows, but today I just could not bring myself to watch or even follow the scores more than two or three times.

I will sign up again 2013, and no doubt be "optimistic" about the forthcoming season, but I really think I can take it only one more time.

I have become genuinely depressed about our future and actually feel like crying when I read about our lack of progress.

Yep, I understand. I'm really struggling to tune in to watch us. Just pathetic frankly. Ugly footy and flogged week in, week out. Heightens my respect for Nate Jones though, how he just keeps going.

But frankly, injuries or not, we're a miserable team and I'm struggling for optimism on 2013. I don't see any light.

Yep, I understand. I'm really struggling to tune in to watch us. Just pathetic frankly. Ugly footy and flogged week in, week out. Heightens my respect for Nate Jones though, how he just keeps going.

But frankly, injuries or not, we're a miserable team and I'm struggling for optimism on 2013. I don't see any light.

I get bored watching us dish up the same stuff week on week, so I turn the TV off. Then I can't bear to not know what's happening, so I turn it back on again. That's been my last few weeks. It's probably different for people who go each week.

I think what keeps me going is not loyalty, but the fear that when the "happiness train" arrives that it will leave without me. I could withdraw my emotional investment, but I choose not to, because I want to be able to truly enjoy the moment when it comes and I don't think I could if I dumped the club during the hard times. Every bit of pain is a credit in the bank that I intend to reclaim when success comes.

It better bloody come.

• Like 3