The list - who goes at the end of the year?

Soidee

I am going to the Dees game but am taping Casey and will have a look later today or tonight. Look forward to your appraisal. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he will be the next Wayne Carey, he may in fact be the next Molan, but my main point is not to get rid of him before we really know whether he can make it.

I recall as an example North dumping Mooney some years back as they said he was not good enough and bingo. I also recall many Demonlanders calling for Jones' delisting a couple of years ago and I was one of several who argued for his retention. He will win our B & F this year.

Cook may be a dud, all I am saying is there are others who can go, (who have had their chances) first and then in a year or so we can assess his progress, if any.

This may already be later in this thread but would be keen to see what you thought if you watched Casey. I understand that talls take time but he is eternally slow and shows little if any chance of being a decent AFL player. I will not care if he stays or goes. I am amazed that we took him at pick 12 but at least can accept that we lucked it with Howe and T-Mac later in the draft which balances the order of things.

• Like 1

Oh come Rpfc ... do you really think you can turn someone into a distance runner? Very, very difficult.

He couldn't run 12km in a day, kids his age at other clubs can do it in 100 minutes.

He has not worked hard enough and the proof was in PS when he and Blease embarrassed themselves.

Let me tell you, RR. You can develop it. I remember a couple years back after being out of footy for a while I did a 10 on a beep test, three weeks later and a bit of running later, I did a 12.6.

If I were Gysberts I would take two weeks of in September then waive the rest of my rest and get Misson to take him through a mini boot camp before PS - it's the best thing he will do for his career.

Assuming he is still at the Dees of course...

Edited by rpfc

This may already be later in this thread but would be keen to see what you thought if you watched Casey. I understand that talls take time but he is eternally slow and shows little if any chance of being a decent AFL player. I will not care if he stays or goes. I am amazed that we took him at pick 12 but at least can accept that we lucked it with Howe and T-Mac later in the draft which balances the order of things.

I watched the game and didn't notice him at all. However I still stand by my last line in my post and I will repeat it here "Cook may be a dud, all I am saying is there are others who can go, (who have had their chances) first and then in a year or so we can assess his progress, if any."

Red, all I am saying is we can afford to give him another year to see if he can make it as there are plenty of others who can go first.

I have put my pencil through Bail, Jetta, Joel MacDonald, Moloney, Petterd, Spencer, Bate, Tapscott, Davey, possibly Dunn and even though he is playing well probably Green. Not sure if I have forgotten anyone. Oh yes Morton, who frustrates the hell out of me, but will probably be retained for another year as we would get nothing for him. Some of these will go this year no doubt and some might go the following year.

To look at our list you would have to agree with the picks we have had, we have failed miserably. There are still a few chances left with Taggert, Tynan, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Gysberts and Cook etc, but even if they all succeed our drafting would be viewed as poor.

We were promised skill and speed in the last few years and only Watts and maybe Howe have the former and only Blease and Nicho have the latter.

i am still of the belief that we are not that far away from being a competitive team if we can add some real speed and skill. 4-5 players completely change a side. Yesterday in periods we were ok. No one could deny that with Watts, Clark, Jurrah and Jamar in the side we would have been better. We had 15 players out. North had Ziebell. That makes a huge difference. Anyway I am over this season.

Edited by Redleg

He couldn't run 12km in a day, kids his age at other clubs can do it in 100 minutes.

He has not worked hard enough and the proof was in PS when he and Blease embarrassed themselves.

Let me tell you, RR. You can develop it. I remember a couple years back after being out of footy for a while I did a 10 on a beep test, three weeks later and a bit of running later, I did a 12.6.

If I were Gysberts I would take two weeks of in September then waive the rest of my rest and get Misson to take him through a mini boot camp before PS - it's the best thing he will do for his career.

Assuming he is still at the Dees of course...

I hope you're right Rpfc. Just a terrible sign though that a guy would 'not work hard enough'. Disgraceful really at this level.

I have put my pencil through Bail, Jetta, Joel MacDonald, Moloney, Petterd, Spencer, Bate, Tapscott, Davey, possibly Dunn and even though he is playing well probably Green. Not sure if I have forgotten anyone. Oh yes Morton, who frustrates the hell out of me, but will probably be retained for another year as we would get nothing for him. Some of these will go this year no doubt and some might go the following year.

There are still a few chances left with Taggert, Tynan, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Gysberts and Cook etc, but even if they all succeed our drafting would be viewed as poor.

Not sure how you can write of Tapscott but want to persist with Fitzpatrick?

Yes, I know big men take longer to develop but he has shown next to nothing, ever.

Not sure how you can write of Tapscott but want to persist with Fitzpatrick?

Yes, I know big men take longer to develop but he has shown next to nothing, ever.

Believe it or not Fitzpatrick is much quicker than Tapscott and that's official, is 20 cms taller, is 6 days younger ( only joking ) and to me has more upside. Where do you play Tapscott? What do you think is his position?

I did say that a few of the ones I named will be moved on and I am pretty sure that Tapscott will stay, but I am concerned that at 180cms and with his ability he is limited, despite his toughness and fearless attack on the ball, which at times has shown a lack of awareness of players around him including team mates. I hope he proves me wrong though.

As for Fitzpatrick he has the size and pace to play a number of positions and that makes him more valuable IMO. He has also been hindered by Glandular Fever and now Diabetes which he will now hopefully get under control. He has also had some very good games for Casey, kicking some great goals and rucking one out. "Fitzpatrick 46 hit outs" yesterday. Couch, Morton and Gysberts had 90 possies between them, they might have an opinion of Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

Believe it or not Fitzpatrick is much quicker than Tapscott and that's official, is 20 cms taller, is 6 days younger ( only joking ) and to me has more upside. Where do you play Tapscott? What do you think is his position?

Tapscott is a funny one, he should be a lot better than he is.

Other than height and speed, I don't see what else Fitzpatrick brings. At least Tapscott has the tools to be a good player (strong hands, strength, kicking and aggression), I don't see anything with Fitzpatrick.

Tapscott is a funny one, he should be a lot better than he is.

Other than height and speed, I don't see what else Fitzpatrick brings. At least Tapscott has the tools to be a good player (strong hands, strength, kicking and aggression), I don't see anything with Fitzpatrick.

Clint, I just edited my post to mention his hitouts yesterday and the assistance he gave to Couch, Morton and Gysberts, 3 of our best against Frankston. I just think Fitzpatrick will have more to offer as he can play in more important roles. With Tappy, I like him I just am not sure where he plays and it obviously can't be on a tall. He doesn't appear to be a mid. He would seem to be suitable only to a forward or back flank and not on a speedster.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

I don’t think making mass changes to the list is a great idea given the requirement for new draftees to be given two-year deals. I would prefer to retain players like Cook, Bail, Green, Gysberts and Dunn on one-year contracts.

Tapscott will only make it as a small defender IMO. He does not have enough pace or tricks to play forward and cannot develop the tank required to play as a mid. But we would need to structure our defense to accommodate him. (i.e. play only three key defenders.)

I've had it with how pathetic the team is getting. They are getting worse every week and there are players in the team who don't even deserve to be paid. I think at the end of the year they need to get rid of about 12 players and the same the following year. If they don't improve next year Neeld will have to go as well.

Watching again today even with the injuries..is simply horrible football at this level. Too many on our list cannot take there game to a higher level. The mistakes are the same every week, and it is plainly awful football to watch. I turned off the game halfway into the third quarter.

If Neeld and the other powerbrokers at the club want people to watch in 2013, then it must be watchable footy!!

I love my footy but for the first time in my life, I am being put off by what this team is NOT doing as a professional level football club. It's bloody bad to watch.

They need a total clean out.

I would get rid of, Petterd,Morton,Joel McDonald, Bail, Bate.Bennell, Davey, Dunn, Moloney, Couch, Fitzpatrick, Martin and Trengove could be traded.

I would go hard for Cloke(although [censored] Denham) says he will not go to to Melbourne even for 7 million over 7 years, Boak if the could get him, Goddard plus about 5 new early picks. We need to totally start again as much as l hate the fact that we will be useless for a few more years.

Edited by baysidedave

I would get rid of, Petterd,Morton,Joel McDonald, Bail, Bate.Bennell, Davey, Dunn, Moloney, Couch, Fitzpatrick, Martin and Trengove could be traded.

Keep Moloney, Petterd and Trenners. Trengove will be a GUN in 2-3 years. Patients with him. Should not have been given the Captaincy. Shocking call.

These threads are becoming incredibly tiresome.

Disagree! The forum is good for venting out. Not simply follow with blind faith and not question what the hell is going on. One could easily reply that your lack of input simply to say "These threads are becoming incredibly tiresome" are very boring and off the mark. If you have nothing to say then simply don't comment.

• Like 1

Quite simply I've had it with supporters saying how pathetic we are and how I've supported for x years so I'm leaving. Melbourne FC shouldn't be a leisure and for me and many other people on here it's a religion.

No-one on here likes losing, but I'm not in for a quick fix either. In 2 years what will the Bulldogs remember from their 2000-09 years. Nothing because there is no cup. Prelims mean nothing. If I have an extra year of rubbish to get all the bs gameplans this list had been taught in the past I'll deal with it and look to the greener pastures.

Your suggestion that we could trade Trengove just about gives me enough ammunition to comfortably say we'll be fine without you; but I'll extend an olive branch and say this. Instead on posting the problems lets start threads about what we are developing and moving towards because if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Go Dees.

• Like 2

I think Petterd is safe, Trenners aint going anywhere and if you look at his youtube footage in 2011 you will see why he will be back, otherwise Id probably add Bartram, Cook, and a few others to your list. I have it on the authority that Davey's foot is cooked.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Bartram played like a man possessed by some sought of higher power in his most recent game. He was fierce and we miss him right now. Not fair to cull young guys with long term injury such as him. Would ad Bennell to that list. Very sad . Neeld likes him. Now you guys all love Neeld so there's go to be something there.

Melbourne could consider moving Sellar, Davey and Joel Mac on. Joel will probably be a star at Gold Coast or GWS. Rivers, Mcdonald, Garland, Bartram and Frawley will form an imposing back line. Viney will be just what the doctor ordered and pick up another mid. Clark back next year with the emergence of a Cook or Leigh Williams and things could turn around very quickly.....

Go Deeeess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by thaipantsman