THE CONTRACTS THREAD [with updates]

rpfc

Titan, totally disagree, Tappscott I think will be a very good player. He offers us hardness at the contest, good overhead mark, good disposal, and once he gets his fiteness base up will be able to get to more contests and show this more. Has not done a full pre season yet.

Well it hardly matters since he's contracted, and since we're not in a position to be spending money paying out contracts, he'll be here next year.

Personally I think you're being far too lenient on a player who hasn't shown that good disposal in the limited chances he's had with the ball. He doesn't appear to work hard enough, he doesn't appear to have many strings to his bow, and he doesn't strike me as really being a talented player who will command a role. In fact, I don't even know what role he would have for us going forward.

In regards to Tynan and Taggert - only one of them can be kept in my opinion. Taggert is the keeper, has more aspects to like such as size and goal kicking nous.

We cannot afford to keep a heap of players who are only solid VFL at this stage in the hope that they'll lift to AFL standard. It's just stupidity.

It totally depends on what is available - No point dropping Tynan for a pick like 100.

Taggert is a MUST KEEP - has not had a full preseason yet due to injuries, has a good build, is a tall midfielder, can kick goals (and we desperately need mids) - Like a better version of Evans 2 years ago!

This is who I would delist in rough order - could keep one of Davis, Jetta and Tynan for depth/depends whats available. (e.g. Now that Davey has retired Byrnes is really our only small forward which could save Jetta - he has potential - depends on draft/trade table).

Delist:

Macdonald and Davey (retired), Nicholson, Sellar, Gilles, Rodan, Jetta, Davis and Tynan (depending on whats available)

Rookies:

delist: Magner and Couch (replace with youth - potential)

Edited by Young Dee

it is a shame, there a multiple i would delist, but the buggers are contracted.

delist: Gillies, Jetta, Rodan, Nicholson, Couch.

trade for anything: Dunn, Byrnes, Pederson, Sellar

trade for something decent (hopefully): Blease, Bail, Jamar, Tapscott, Evans, Strauss

retired, Davey, Macdonald

havn't seen enough to judge: Davis, Tynan, Taggert.

upgrade Clisby, and bring in Hogan

that is at least 17 out, perhaps we swap a couple of players for one good one? package deals etc.

and room for decent draft picks coming in, then who knows?

it is a shame, there a multiple i would delist, but the buggers are contracted.

delist: Gillies, Jetta, Rodan, Nicholson, Couch.

trade for something decent (hopefully): Blease, Bail, Jamar, Tapscott, Evans, Strauss

retired, Davey, Macdonald

havn't seen enough to judge: Davis, Tynan, Taggert.

upgrade Clisby, and bring in Hogan

that is at least 17 out, perhaps we swap a couple of players for one good one? package deals etc.

and room for decent draft picks coming in, then who knows?

Can you count?

You are a Collinwood supporter trolling demonland aren't you!

If we are not happy with Tapscott, why not move him back to defence as the small defender? I remember loving his first few years at the club when he was down there, he was ferocious (what he tries to show in the forward line).

Another thing in his favor of such a move is that he was renowned as one of the best kicks in the Draft that year and we don't have a small lock-down defender, and no-one can deny that he is not a hard player - he will never duck or not go back with the flight.

Also, the game on the weekend highlighted how poor our back-men are at hitting targets:

Mcdonald (can run, can't kick),

Frawley (can match most one on one, has speed, no left foot, right foot renowned as poor),

Garland (i think can kick but twice in first quarter running through the middle missed simple passes towards the forward 50),

Terlich's (Can run and attack better than most, but is all over the place with his kicking - e.g. first quarter switch to the middle [matt jones alone 20 m out from 50], kicks a high backwards (toward center) ball that Jones gets crunched on).

Dunn (can kick long, has experience, but twice turned the ball over with little ridiculous kicks that hurt and half the time his long kicks are to the advantage of the opposition).

-They might be the right size and age/experience, but if they are to be a part of a premiership defense they will need to get a lot better with their disposal.

I really hope they do (and maybe its all to do with the midfielders not running hard enough etc)

GO DEES!

P.s. COUGH - maybe some of the funding from the AFL can go to pay out player contracts ;)

• Like 1

How many sucker clubs do you think that are out there?

They have no value individually or within a showbag of NQRs. Really if you think a player is not good enough for a 4th world bottom club then why do you think that having two players of similar ilk makes them more attractive to another club?

If they are OOC, they're gone. They either perform will under contract or they're gone when they are OOC.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

THE CONTRACTS THREAD

Dawes, Grimes

Clark, Trengove, Jamar (UFA), Garland (RFA), McKenzie, Howe, Jones (RFA), Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Pedersen,

Frawley (RFA), Tapscott, McDonald, Blease, Strauss, Spencer, Bail, Dunn, Byrnes, Barry, Kent, Jones, Terlich

Watts, Sylvia (UFA), Davey (RFA), Taggert, Tynan, Nicholson, MacDonald, Sellar, Jetta, Davis, Couch ®, Magner ®, Rodan, Gillies, Clisby ®, Stark ®

2014 Primary List Spots Created: 7

2014 Additions: Hogan, ND2, ND17, ND35, ND58, ND 78, PSD2, Free Agent 1, Free Agent 2

FA Eligibilty (8+ years from being drafted/recruited)

Sylvia UFA

Frawley RFA

Jamar UFA Garland UFA* Jones UFA Spencer UFA*

Grimes RFA Watts RFA/UFA* Blease RFA/UFA* Strauss UFA* Jetta UFA* Bail UFA* McKenzie UFA*

Trengove RFA Tapscott RFA/UFA* Gawn UFA* Fitzpatrick UFA*

Howe RFA McDonald RFA Nicholson UFA* Evans UFA*

Clark RFA Taggert UFA* Tynan UFA* Magner UFA* Couch UFA* Sellar UFA*

Toumpas RFA Viney RFA Kent RFA M.Jones UFA* Terlich UFA* Stark UFA* Clisby UFA* Dawes RFA

* Likely outside of top 10 of earners at club.

Updated.

Taggert, Nicholson, and Jetta sweating on trades, and FAs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Frawley (RFA), Tapscott, McDonald, Blease, Strauss, Spencer, Bail, Dunn, Byrnes, Barry, Kent, Jones, Terlich

That list looks light on for pain to me, right now only Frawley and McDonald cause any concern. It's unlikely that important players will get one year and be added to this list. It will be interesting to see if others on that list improve their rating under Roos (if they don't get traded this year).

I am always curious at this time of year our obsession with packaging up players as if 2 ordinary players is better than 1 ordinary player. Yet at trade time I have no memory of multiple players(good or bad) ever having been traded amongst clubs. Is this a misguided game that we play or is there some history to this actually happeneing. The only one I can remember is Hawthorn trading Thompson and someone else to North back in about 2003 or 4.

Can anyone help?

I am always curious at this time of year our obsession with packaging up players as if 2 ordinary players is better than 1 ordinary player. Yet at trade time I have no memory of multiple players(good or bad) ever having been traded amongst clubs. Is this a misguided game that we play or is there some history to this actually happeneing. The only one I can remember is Hawthorn trading Thompson and someone else to North back in about 2003 or 4.

Can anyone help?

I remember Brisbane trying to do it for Fev. Was Bradshore and another player from memory, didn't work out to well in the end ?

I remember Brisbane trying to do it for Fev. Was Bradshore and another player from memory, didn't work out to well in the end

I believe Henderson from Brisbane to Carlton was part of it.

The only reason why I remember is I give my boss (mad lions supporter) crap over it everytime Henderson plays well.

• Like 1

I remember Brisbane trying to do it for Fev. Was Bradshore and another player from memory, didn't work out to well in the end

Rischitelli and Bradshaw i think it was, they both walked out on Brissie after that.

Rischitelli and Bradshaw, but the premise is wrong.

It wasn't a case of 2 ordinary players for 1 and Carlton weren't interested.

It was a case of Carlton agreeing to the deal but the players didn't want to leave.

Eventually to push the deal through, Brisbane offered Henderson & pick 11, which the blues used on Kane Lucas.

Rischitelli wanted stay in QLD as his partner was from there & he had settled there, but any loyalty was destroyed, so he jumped at the chance to take the money at GC.

Bradshaw wanted to retire a 1 club player, but was so incensed by the trade attempt by his supposed "mate" Voss that he left the club for Sydney as soon as he got a chance, and friendships still aren't mended.

Has anyone heard any news on the possible extension of Frawleys contract now that the chief is at the helm?

He's contracted until the end of 2014 so there's no urgency on it. He had a good 2nd half to the year but first half wasn't great so I'd say he'd like to have a big year next year to push his value up.

Edited by Pates

• 3 weeks later...

Dawes, Grimes, Watts, Michie

Clark, Trengove, Jamar (UFA), Garland (RFA), McKenzie, Howe, Jones (RFA), Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Pedersen, Hogan

Taggert, Nicholson, Jetta, Magner ®, Clisby ®, Stark ®

2014 Primary List Spots Created: 8

2014 Additions: Hogan, ND2, ND21, ND22*, ND41, Michie, ND 78, PSD2, Free Agent 1, Free Agent 2

* - TBC

Updated.

8 down to 6 vacancies with Hogan and Michie on the list.

• Like 1

So from the 2013 primary list we've lost: Sylvia, Gillies, Davey, Rodan, Macdonald, Davis, Tynan and Sellar.

That's 8 spots opened up (not worried about rookie list at this stage).

Hogan comes onto the list, leaving 7 spots.

Michie comes in a trade, leaving 6 spots.