Wojcinski to face VFL tribunal over Viney's broken jaw

Satan

Interesting. He got reported for hitting Viney earlier in the match also, I saw the hit on tv i think (looked fairly light but a hit to the face none the less) - it must have also been been after a review as they didn't mention it on th Channel 7 when showing the footage of him playing.

We have a new arch enemy. Bastard

Will be interesting to see what he gets for the bump.

Conduct = Intentional

Impact = Severe

Contact = High

This works out to be 9 Activation points or 550 total points.

This equates to at least 5 match suspension. On top of this the first incident incurrs carry over points equivalent to at least a 10% loading bringing the total to more than 600 points.

He will be lucky to get less than 6 weeks.

It doesnt look like he will be back playing AFL footy in a hurry.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what he gets for the bump.

Conduct = Intentional

Impact = Severe

Contact = High

This works out to be 9 Activation points or 550 total points.

This equates to at least 5 match suspension. On top of this the first incident incurrs carry over points equivalent to at least a 10% loading bringing the total to more than 600 points.

He will be lucky to get less than 6 weeks.

It doesnt look like he will be back playing AFL footy in a hurry.

An eye for an eye-six to seven is nearly fair .

Some days they take the consequence into account: other ties they don't, at least the AFL tribunal / MRP.

I am not so sure regarding the VFL. I do seem to remember some p'weak penalty dished out in the last year or so to someone who intentionally severely injured one of our Casey players.

Interesting. He got reported for hitting Viney earlier in the match also, I saw the hit on tv i think (looked fairly light but a hit to the face none the less) - it must have also been been after a review as they didn't mention it on th Channel 7 when showing the footage of him playing.

We have a new arch enemy. Bastard

Yes I think he deserves our hatred. He'd never try anything like that in the seniors. He's weak. If the definition of offences in the VFL is the same as the AFL he should struggle to get off the rough conduct charge. He would have to show either (a) he had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball other than to bump (clearly he could have tackled) or (B) that the high contact was due to unforseen circumstances (eg sudded change in position of the victim player - again this defence does not look available.

gotta say, i didn't have a big problem with the bump other than the fact he broke his jaw.

the punch was a cheap shot though.

I agree... I watched that footage several times and the hit happened just a fraction after Jack got the ball... both players were committed and Wojcinski at full pace was never going to stop in time. He may well go for it, but I think the "Conduct = intentional" is a bit ridiculous.

couldn't imagine Geelong's coaches being really impressed with Wojo getting frustrated and taking a swing at at teenager. I think Viney may have ended Wojo's time down the princess.

Not what you expect from a triple premiership player, I am thinking that Wojcinski must be pretty frustrated with football life. Hitting a first gamer and then trying to wipe him out with a bump; when a tackle was all that was needed.

With the cats having two byes coming up and being out for 5 to 8 weeks (adding the three weeks (1 week for striking and two for the byes) to the penalty) may be the finish of his career. I believe that this is the last year of his contract. Not a good high to end on.

I agree... I watched that footage several times and the hit happened just a fraction after Jack got the ball... both players were committed and Wojcinski at full pace was never going to stop in time. He may well go for it, but I think the "Conduct = intentional" is a bit ridiculous.

Could have tackled and hit was high resulting in broken jaw! Multiple weeks possibly 4-5

The haters and torch wavers need to take a breath. You are sweating the small stuff. Wojo will be finished at year end.

So your assumption that Wojcinski will be retired? Delisted? Unable to get another AFL game after this season? Does this make it okay that a triple premiership 31 yr old player smacked an 18 year old in the face and then crunched him and broke his jaw that will have him out of action for minimum two months?

Sweating the small stuff?

Do yourself a favor and put yourself in Jack Vineys shoes.

Small stuff?

So your assumption that Wojcinski will be retired? Delisted? Unable to get another AFL game after this season? Does this make it okay that a triple premiership 31 yr old player smacked an 18 year old in the face and then crunched him and broke his jaw that will have him out of action for minimum two months?

Sweating the small stuff?

Do yourself a favor and put yourself in Jack Vineys shoes.

Small stuff?

He's 31 wallowing in the VFL/ reserves. Now looking at a lengthy ban. There are a number of players in Geelong from their golden era that will finish up at year end. He looks a defnite candidate.

Calls for retribution and revenge when we next play them are unnecessary as he wont be figuring in the AFL.

Wojo has a great career record which has been sulllied by a gutless and cheap act on a kid. He dserves to go for plenty.

Thanks for melodramatic response and missing the point. Mind the small stuff now.

He's 31 wallowing in the VFL/ reserves. Now looking at a lengthy ban. There are a number of players in Geelong from their golden era that will finish up at year end. He looks a defnite candidate.

Calls for retribution and revenge when we next play them are unnecessary as he wont be figuring in the AFL.

Wojo has a great career record which has been sulllied by a gutless and cheap act on a kid. He dserves to go for plenty.

Thanks for melodramatic response and missing the point. Mind the small stuff now.

You bite so easily.

Surely will be a lengthy ban, chose to bump, could've tackled, kid out with broken jaw for 6 weeks. 3-4 weeks total with his cheap little jab.

Big stain on Wojcinski's career for mine. Real 'hero stuff' to get stuck into an 18yo first gamer the way he did.

A one-off reflexive incident is one thing, but he clearly targeted Jack V. for attention. Weak as pizz.

Agreed, if you look at the tackle he laid on Viney before the jab, that in itself was crude in nature

So a crude tackle, he then held him down, when Viney pushed him off he punches him in the face, then later cleans him up when he clearly could've gone for the tackle

I have no doubt he was targetting him

Agreed, if you look at the tackle he laid on Viney before the jab, that in itself was crude in nature

So a crude tackle, he then held him down, when Viney pushed him off he punches him in the face, then later cleans him up when he clearly could've gone for the tackle

I have no doubt he was targetting him

or Jack was targeting Wojo..?

or Jack was targeting Wojo..?

Didn't see the game, so no idea

All I've seen is wojo's crude tackle, holding Viney down, punching him in the face when Viney pushed him off and then cleaning him up resulting in a broken jaw