Lift the tone-stick your neck out now where will Dees finish in 2012.

thaipantsman

For anyone that's followed Melbourne for over 40 years it's not hard to see MFC is heading in the right direction. To be frank after returning to Demonland this year nothing much has changed re constant criticism of both past and present players. Am referring to general slagging off and critique lacking any construction. Not by all Demonland members but many. Recents posts about Gary Hardeman and Jack Watts are examples. "Spoon for thought" was a post added to unite positive discussion about the differences between the last time we were this excited and today. That year ended with one win and the reasons were pretty clear with most players in that particular team well past there prime though many were still Champions. I can still clearly recall the first quarter of that season thinking this was going to be the year. Turns out I was dreaming!

So here we are again not 1981 but 2012 but the difference with this team is we must be patient. We're good at that yeah? The 81 team was a ready made one, a team of champions, ageing stars compared to the side of today which has the potential "to be anything". No passengers!

Watts, Jurrah, Mitch Clark, Jamar, Moloney, Sylvia, Grimes, Frawley, McKenzie, Petterd, Jones, Trengove with new coach Neeld and assistants are a rock firm base to build a wonderful Football club. The Norsworthy/Tilbrook/Templeton days are long behind us. Jack Watts could be a sensation even this year. To expect him to be blazing through packs and taking screamers in NAB games is just a joke.

Where are we at? Will soon find out but I am one to put my hand up now and say we'll push between 6-10 and with some extraordinary injury luck with guys of the Sylvia Jurrah Grimes ILK , some Watts blossom and Magner's ice cream not melting maybe could push up even higher. PREDICTION 8.

I will be disappointed if we don't make the eight, but realistically I think our range is between 8 and 12.

As to where we ultimately finish will probably be set up in the first 8 to 10 weeks of the season proper (good draw), and I don't feel we have heaps of momentum coming out of the NAB Cup (unlike some other teams in our band, eg, Adelaide and Richmond, even Essendon despite missing a game).

Sylvia's injury is not what we needed. Our midfield still lacks the blend of class and grunt enjoyed by many other teams.

Neeld, Misson Craig and others (ie, the new football department), even though I think it's been absolute coup to get them, can only do so much.

I'm hoping for 7th or 8th. Realistically, 10th or 11th (with less big beltings than we suffered last year).

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 1

It all depends on the first 11 rounds of the season. If we can get 5 wins out of those matches it would be a massive result for us. Our final 11 matches are all very winnable. I'm not saying that I think we're going to win all 11, but I think we are a good chance to win 7 or 8 of those matches. I'm hoping for a top 8 finish, and I think it is entirely possible. We could finish anywhere from 6-12th, IMO.

• Like 1

Boys and Girls..read the topic. Lift the tone? This negative anal type response. A simple number wouldn't kill you? I apologise . Wasn't aware we had to scan every single topic to make sure there was no repeats? Fair Dinkum how sad are you both. rhino and Old Dee

Don't we already have a thread on this subject?

Don't we already have a thread on this subject?

Read the topic/subject. "lift the tone" about posts simply wanting to bag out on players and other Demonland members making comments. Even it it was a "repeat" what the hell is the problem. There's a hell of lot of posts up and the chance of a repeat is high I suspect.

It all depends on the first 11 rounds of the season. If we can get 5 wins out of those matches it would be a massive result for us. Our final 11 matches are all very winnable. I'm not saying that I think we're going to win all 11, but I think we are a good chance to win 7 or 8 of those matches. I'm hoping for a top 8 finish, and I think it is entirely possible. We could finish anywhere from 6-12th, IMO.

lets hope a Watts is born!!

Read the topic/subject. "lift the tone" about posts simply wanting to bag out on players and other Demonland members making comments. Even it it was a "repeat" what the hell is the problem. There's a hell of lot of posts up and the chance of a repeat is high I suspect.

So in other words a thread that agrees with you!

So in other words a thread that agrees with you!

In thaipantsman's favour, the other thread was a poll and people could add a comment if they so wished... this thread is inviting people to commit to a number AND put their (stage) name to it :-)

I'm going to stick my neck out and say 7th... I think we are a lot better than our last couple of games would have us believe.

If the passing of Jim doesn't give the boys a reason to put their head over the ball and fight to the end, then nothing will.

I'm going to say we'll finish 5th.

You should never use death as a motivator. This is from Leigh Matthews' mouth at the start of 1992, the first season following from Darren Millane's passing.

In regards to the OP, I'm like Dandeeman, I have NFI. The immedaite number that comes to me is 10th (based on 2011, and just starting to lose confidence in a number of our players), but there is absolutely bugger all between 6th and 16th this year. I wonder if it is mathematically possible that we could finish 16th, but 2 games out of the 8?!!!

• Like 1

Anywhere from about 7th to 15th - I think it'll be at the bottom end, maybe 13th or 14th but that doesn't worry me - maybe a step backwards with the new regime before we go forwards.

You should never use death as a motivator. This is from Leigh Matthews' mouth at the start of 1992, the first season following from Darren Millane's passing.

I wouldn't call it a motivator. But geez, if the person that literally saved our footy club...our white night, dosn't get the red and blue blood pumping then what would?

Jim showed till the end what disire and hard work can achieve. Together with our new ruthless footy department, well i'm a glass half full kind of guy but i think that the MFC has all the ingredients to finish the job that jim started and get this club cilmbing back up the ladder.

The press conference yesterday with the leadership group showed exactly what this great man means to our club and i'd be surprised if that doesn't carry over onto the field.

I wouldn't call it a motivator. But geez, if the person that literally saved our footy club...our white night, dosn't get the red and blue blood pumping then what would?

Jim showed till the end what disire and hard work can achieve. Together with our new ruthless footy department, well i'm a glass half full kind of guy but i think that the MFC has all the ingredients to finish the job that jim started and get this club cilmbing back up the ladder.

The press conference yesterday with the leadership group showed exactly what this great man means to our club and i'd be surprised if that doesn't carry over onto the field.

Neeld wont use it as a motivator, but it sure will be. Loss is one of the most powerful motivators there is. My football club lost a player suddenly on a Tuesday last year, and after our team had been struggling (100+ losses) we took it to an underfeated team on their home ground where they haven't lost and dropped short by less than a goal. We were playing for him, even if it wasn't directly referenced.

The players know how much Jim gave for this club, they will ALL be out to repay that round 1, round 2 and for years to come.

Everytime they walk out and put their hand on whatever it takes, they will know why they are there.

I expect 7 - 10

The Flag.

"Whatever it takes".

Have you changed your diet in the last two weeks wyl?

You seem to making some strange comments lately.

Perhaps you need a holiday.

Take off the next 6 weeks, Europe is beautiful in spring.

I think you've nailed it in one - if we are break-even at the mid year, our second half draw is favourable. It's in our own hands, no excuses

Have you changed your diet in the last two weeks wyl?

You seem to making some strange comments lately.

Perhaps you need a holiday.

Take off the next 6 weeks, Europe is beautiful in spring.

Always full of suprises OD. Life's like that. Footy jimper is in the mail. Hope it arrives soon.