Mitch Clark

Arrow

I'd hate to see how many goals he'd kick once he's learnt how to be a forward, because according to the great one, Leigh Mathews, he isn't one. Also I wonder how he'd go as a permaforward in a good team.

I love this bloke. His aggro, his finishing, and his attitude - doesn't seem to drop his head and sook like todays spoilt forwards tend to do (maybe that's what's fooled Leigh). I thought he might just wonder why the f he decided to join this rabble of a club.

One week, he'll kick all of our goals, just watch.

• Like 1

I love this bloke. His aggro, his finishing, and his attitude - doesn't seem to drop his head and sook like todays spoilt forwards tend to do (maybe that's what's fooled Leigh). I thought he might just wonder why the f he decided to join this rabble of a club.

I completely agree. Is exactly what this club needs.

Instead of a 'leader' who drops his head and sulks when things don't get their way, we have a bloke who gets angry and more determined when the chips are down.

Dunn, Moloney, and a few others get the 'angry' thing but think that jumper punches is the best way to channel their 'determination.'

Guest Jose Murinho

I think the key is that he is a good player and he is MATURE.

Not just physically, but mentally.

I think far too many of our players are immature of mind and attitude.

• Like 1

Isn't it a standard thing for a Melbourne supporter to want to shift a player once they've found their position? Ie. Frawley to the forward line call that is often made?

Leave Mitch forward.

On the flip side though, there were far too many 1-on-1's that Mitch needs to win. Yep, kicked 5, happy with that, but he needs to take contested marks. The "excuse finders" will talk about the times he was 2-on-1 or 3-on-1, but let;s look at the 1-outs and why he didn't mark those.

Mitch has been a shining light for the club.

All forwards fumble but this guy has put in effort and shown leadership.

Agree with whats been said above doesn't sulk and just tries harder.

Get him to change the culture.

i think we atleast got 1 thing right.... we got him to our club...

True -

We have a terrible recent past .

Trengove ,Watts ,Grimes ,Frawley,Clark ,Sylvia ,Gawn ,Martin ,Magner and Howe give me hope for the future .

Less than half a team .

True -

We have a terrible recent past .

Trengove ,Watts ,Grimes ,Frawley,Clark ,Sylvia ,Gawn ,Martin ,Magner and Howe give me hope for the future .

Less than half a team .

Throw Jurrah into that list. If he can get himself right. He was our number one goal scorer all last year, and we'd all love him to be lurking up forward with Clark at the moment!

He just might be our version of Cam Mooney. No coincidence that they eventually lost their 'hand bag' status during the years that followed. Not saying it was solely the result of Cam alone, but no doubt had a fair influence on the change.

Mitch is a natural at CHF for mine albeit i think he'd still give a fair fist of it (and has so far) no matter where he's asked to play. But i strongly feel this is where he'll shine even more for us, and be most effective from a team point of view, when played there.

One player that has the 'mongrel' in him that's for sure and would even make a good 'solo' captain IMO.

Edited by Rusty Nails

He just might be our version of Cam Mooney. No coincidence that they eventually lost their 'hand bag' status during the years that followed. Not saying it was solely the result of Cam alone, but no doubt had a fair influence on the change.

Mitch is a natural at CHF for mine albeit i think he'd still give a fair fist of it (and has so far) no matter where he's asked to play. But i strongly feel this is where he'll shine even more for us, and be most effective from a team point of view, when played there.

One player that has the 'mongrel' in him that's for sure and would even make a good 'solo' captain IMO.

Agreed. He definitely is a strong leader, not sure if you noticed or not but on saturday i saw several times him running up to the middle of the ground yelling instructions etc. to the midfielders before each bounce and giving them a "razz up" and then running back to the forward line.

Its a shame it didn't work but he definitely has fire in the belly!

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

Pity he hasn't got the delivery to him, imagine him with some slick midfield passes down his throat !!!!

Throw Jurrah into that list. If he can get himself right. He was our number one goal scorer all last year, and we'd all love him to be lurking up forward with Clark at the moment!

I'll add Jurrah if we can count on the legal system . Still- thats 11 out of 22 .

• Like 1

Currently watching FOX FOOTY classic game of Melbourne Brisbane Round 3 2011.

One Mitch Clark is playing CHF start of the 4th quarter with 23 touches 10 marks 9 inside 50 and 4 or 5 scoring assists. Honestly I was under somewhat of an impression he was far better in the ruck but he has done literally everything I hope for this year. Breaking packs, bringing the ball to the ground and even more so being a presence.

Watching this really makes me feel like this yea could be fun!!

This is key to me. Particularly with a young inexperienced team and a poor mid. We need to get him into the contest as much as possible (higher up the field) and to bring others into the game with assists (hopefully) and bringing the ball to ground for our small forwards to crumb ...oops... haven't got any of those atm have we...damn it :(

• Like 1

Agreed. He definitely is a strong leader, not sure if you noticed or not but on saturday i saw several times him running up to the middle of the ground yelling instructions etc. to the midfielders before each bounce and giving them a "razz up" and then running back to the forward line.

Its a shame it didn't work but he definitely has fire in the belly!

I didn't but i'm going to watch the replay if i can handle the pain again, so i'll look for it. I sure noticed that amazing effort/assist on the flank though in that third quarter when the chips were down. Team lifting stuff....at least i thought it might lift them anyway :wacko:

He's a big positive so far that's for sure. I'm thinking that as a supporter in such grim times, i can take some small positives out of his effort so far (and that of Jonesy, Magner, Howe and some odd others) and maybe i just go support them as such and it'll give me some hope and i'll feel a tad better about going. Like i'm there for the individuals for as long as the team (as a collective) aren't gelling etc.

Maybe the cheer squad could start to crank up the support for individuals who are performing too with targeted chanting and specific signs on the banners (if they aren't already). Try and bolster them for the efforts they're showing.

Edited by Rusty Nails

• 3 weeks later...

Are we kidding ourselves here playing Mitch Clark Forward? We potentially have one of the best ruckmen in the comp on our list. Recruit another Power Forward once free acgency arrives & unleash Mitch in his correct position.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

would have thought the fact he is clearly already our best forward, and we have arguably the 3rd best ruckman in the league would make this thread redundant...

of course, should Jamar be attracted elsewhere through free agency, who knows?

but on our current situation, ridiculous thread.

• Like 2

Keep him at full forward. We on this forum and the club have been crying out for a pack-crashing, bag kicking forward, and we finally have him. Let Jamar, Martin and eventually Gawn handle the ruck duties.

• Like 5

Tried to edit No Luck

Look I agree he is playing an interesting role we have sadly lacked since Neitz

I just stumbled on his 2009 Stats & they where remarkable, he was a very dominant force.

Kicks, Handballs , Marks, Hit Outs, tackles he had the whole package going on.

Would be wasted in the ruck. Jamar can handle that bit provided he's fit. Hawks won a GF in 2008 with a pretty average ruck set up.

A great CHF clunker/goal kicker/leader up forward in the making....and will be way more valuable to us here (unless Jamar gets injured).

Not sure what Mitch Clark has done that would make anyone doubt he isn't exactly what we need up forward. I am sure he could do the job in the ruck also, but I think he has been excellent so far this season considering the minimal amount of inside 50's and the shite delivery of those entries.

• Like 1