Little Lord Voldemort

Chelly

I would expect Goddard to go if the Saints continue their slide down the ladder. Why not cash up if the offer is there? Pendles has won a flag and achieved a good deal at the filth and with the one year contract ext, he's obviously considering it.

Hurley will stay at Essendung while they are on the rise.

Hurley will go to GW$ if he is offered enough. Essendon have been trying to sign him for months.

Hurley will go to GW$ if he is offered enough. Essendon have been trying to sign him for months.

I'm not so sure. If they finish right up there this year he would be mad.

Will be a real test of his character and resolve to play coy right until the end of the season.

I'm not so sure. If they finish right up there this year he would be mad.

Will be a real test of his character and resolve to play coy right until the end of the season.

No doubt we will watch it all closely. GW$ will be throwing money around big time.

Not sure if this has been covered and can't be shagged reading through the whole thread.

How much damage did the constant speculation do last year?

The Ablett saga the year before certainly seemed to effect Geelong, even with a rock solid culture and coming off 3 consecutive GF's for 2 premierships. Things appeared tense from the outside, we know Gary and Bomber weren't even talking. They didn't drop far but they had their worst year of the past 5.

Our culture was nowhere near as strong as Geelong, how much of a role did the constsnt speculation have in the eventual unravelling that led to 186? I'm not suggesting it was the sole cause of our annus horribillis, I think that started when Wellman left, but it was certainly a factor.

It's been a blight on the game and I'm glad this is the last year of these concessions, even happier that we're immune. It will be interesting to see who the media concetrate on this year and how their club handles it.

Pendles or Hurley would make nice GWS targets, both even. No love for either club. There is only one club I'd really wish this upon though, that's why I've been telling anyone that will listen that Gibbs is gone.

It's been done before a couple of times.

Yes it has. And many of us are not real adept at picking the bleeding obvious - at least until after it's all happened that is..

No they don't, I didn't phrase that well but I think it's more likely to be Hurley, Essendon have been trying to sign him since last season and he is holding out till the end of this season. Sounds familiar. I was pretty sure Pendlebury would be the one but you are right on the cap, they can't have it all and Sheedy has often spoken about building the team from the spine. I don't think Goddard fits their blueprint, but who really knows, Sheeds apparently hasn't met or even heard of Hurley, Pendlebury or Goddard.

Hurleys age bracket, plus his upside as an Key Defeder or Forward makes him irresistible to a new franchise. Bound to be him over a 27 Yr old. Pendlebury, hmmn, yeah. If they can get him.

The Scully infatuation makes this club look sadder, weaker and more desperate than anything.

He became just another AFL player the day the GWS stuff was made official as far as I'm concerned, it's disappointing the vast majority on here can't seem to see it the same way.

We got 2 high draft picks for the inevitable sell-out, have some patience and watch how those picks play out.

Looking at this thread is the equivalent to watching a rejected prom-date who can't seem to get over it.

Why would it make the club look sad?

The club's moved on from the little pt1ck and said nothing after the press conference to announce he was p1ssing off to GWS for the money.

We supporters, on the other hand, have every right to have a bit of fun at Scully's expense and to speculate about who the next Scully is going to be and there will be more. Let there be no doubt that there are Essendon fans out there who are very nervous about the prospect of losing him to that mob. They also know that even if Hurley stays, there will be a cost to the club in the form of salary cap pressure which is likely to force other needed players out.

Guest Jackie

A quote from today's Age article:

"People who know me will say I'm a loyal person and I can honestly say I gave everything to the Melbourne football club in the two years I was there and did everything thing I could do to help that club while I was there".

Translation

I am loyal to my dad Phil and to the highest bidder. I used THAT CLUB to my advantage to extract maximum monetary value whilst giving least in return. Not a bad result for an indifferent two seasons at THAT CLUB. So why does everybody hate me?

"People who know me will say I'm a loyal person and I can honestly say I gave everything to the Melbourne football club in the two years I was there and did everything thing I could do to help that club while I was there".

Translation

I am loyal to my dad Phil and to the highest bidder. I used THAT CLUB to my advantage to extract maximum monetary value whilst giving least in return. Not a bad result for an indifferent two seasons at THAT CLUB. So why does everybody hate me?

Thank you Tom.

Quite simply, you have left a massive legacy, for which we are truly indebted.

Translation

After reading that article i am supposed to like him am I?

Tom, your press conference on March 5 2011 said it all Tom.

You are not loyal at all.

I just listened to Col Garland's interview with Matt Burgan on the MFC website.

Dead set, that guy was an inspired selection. I love him. If I could give Scully any advice, it would be to listen to that interview and then reflect on why someone like Col Garland is in the leadership group and why he will most likely go down as a really important player in this club's history.

Garland strikes me as a considered thinker and a selfless individual.

In short, a real team player.

I find it very interesting that $cully always likes to portray himself as the victim in all these articles & press conferences.

It is so far from the truth, I wish a journalist had the balls to ask him about his March 5 presser. None of what he said there had ANY truth.

Guest Jackie

This interview is no different to most of the others he's done. True to form no acknowledgment of the disruption to the club and angst to the supporters he caused. Not the slightest regret expressed.

Guest melbman

I find it very interesting that $cully always likes to portray himself as the victim in all these articles & press conferences.

It is so far from the truth, i wish a journalist had the balls to ask him about his March 5 presser. None of what he said there had ANY truth.

Yeah he seems to get a free run in the media, there is no real journalism happening, just reporting verbatim. The PR folks will have to be hired for him if not already.

This interview is no different to most of the others he's done. True to form no acknowledgment of the disruption to the club and angst to the supporters he caused. Not the slightest regret expressed.

I think he may have some narcissistic tendencies.

I think he may have some narcissistic tendencies.

I would bet my left one on that very point. Went up to sydney to "view the facilities" with Dad, and never came back.

I wonder whether anyone is yet to open his old locker at AAMI Park?

Or just express posted a parcel to Breakfast Point.