• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The "Locker Room" board

old55

Guest Thomo

I don't like the idea. Splitting the forum for the draft is the most annoying and pointless part of this forum, I can see this making it much harder to read. With effective moderating and banning of repeat offenders posts with stay on topic.

How about the moderators fix one of their own constantly looking to attack another member first, that becomes as tiresome as the Cale Morton hijacks.

The "Jack Viney" thread is a good example of how it might work.

Old seeing you're going to be single handedly responsible for doubling the work load of the mods I think you should become one!

Be careful what you wish for - not sure if forumland is ready for my kind of "moderation" which description is close to an antonym for my likely approach.

I can see the logic though ...

The "Jack Viney" thread is a good example of how it might work.

Old seeing you're going to be single handedly responsible for doubling the work load of the mods I think you should become one!

When Jack Viney is playing for MFC do you think this will work as well? How much Jack Viney discussion proliferates other threads? I would say aside from Jack Viney trained today not much.

I am not saying it wont work but I think we are just creating more threads to try and follow and more work.

I'm not sure why some are against another forum. I'm a member of the world's biggest wrist watch site, which has 74 forums, many dedicated to discussions on individual brands, plus sales options, etc., but it's very clean and functional. That said, it has 123K members, so there's a massive difference. But it's not hard to work out when a thread is generating quite a bit of discussion.

I also agree that more moderators wouldn't hurt.

I am not saying it wont work but I think we are just creating more threads to try and follow and more work.

Might well be the reasons why it didn't go ahead and what Fan alluded to re: the early stages of D'Land.

Thomo, with regard to the Trade and Draft Forum (previously named The Jordan McMahon D&T Board and also the Finding another Jack Trengove D&T board) the idea is the forum only lasts a few months and it allows easy access to threads during the period, instead if placed on the Message Board (Melbourne Demons) dropping off into the abyss (ie.pages 5-20). Granted, there wasn't a great deal of traffic compared to other years - but that was more the case of the GC / GWS's monopoly on drafts. IIRC prior to the Scully/Trengove Draft selections the D&T Board had just as much - if not more - traffic than the main message board. (yeah, probably had something to do with our own monopoly....) But, all the draftee threads and pick threads remained separate from the main board which contained all other topics. Then come Christmas when all is said and done, the boards become one again.

From previous experince in a previous life I would like to suggest that having a "locker room" is not the answer because

1. As mentioned by a few posters, one has to think about which thread to post in when commenting and this can lead to mass confusion. ie when talking about the midfield composition and wanting say Grimes to be included: does it go in the current thread or the 'Grimes thread.

2. As also mentioned some posters just want to win an argument and won't even consider taking their debate to another thread.

3. There are usually only about 4 or 5 players under discussion/the hammer in any particular period of time; therefore we will have a lot of threads open with only 1 or 2 or none posts.

4. It would place an enormous burden on the moderators and they have enough on their plate now; work which is unrewarded and thankless.

In an ideal world we would all like to see one continually flowing thread without interuptions and only one thread per topic.

The answer IMO is to have a much discussed player thread ala Jack Viney; this thread is working a treat and should be used as an example of how to do it.

If some one wants to discuss a player assets or liabilities then a new thread should be started and if it gains traction well and good and if it doesn't then it just falls off the page.

I also believe that the mods should just delete posts which are offtopic or threaten to derail the thread. Posters will soon get the message.

And if we divide the board even more where will Rollo go?

Guest Thomo

Might well be the reasons why it didn't go ahead and what Fan alluded to re: the early stages of D'Land.

Thomo, with regard to the Trade and Draft Forum (previously named The Jordan McMahon D&T Board and also the Finding another Jack Trengove D&T board) the idea is the forum only lasts a few months and it allows easy access to threads during the period, instead if placed on the Message Board (Melbourne Demons) dropping off into the abyss (ie.pages 5-20). Granted, there wasn't a great deal of traffic compared to other years - but that was more the case of the GC / GWS's monopoly on drafts. IIRC prior to the Scully/Trengove Draft selections the D&T Board had just as much - if not more - traffic than the main message board. (yeah, probably had something to do with our own monopoly....) But, all the draftee threads and pick threads remained separate from the main board which contained all other topics. Then come Christmas when all is said and done, the boards become one again.

During the draft period most discussion regarding the club is related to the draft, why does it need to be seperate? The only reason I can see is so that someone can come up with a clever name.

I want to see the most recent posts on all topics when I come to the site, I don't want to spend any time seaching through several menus.

I think in general the mods do a very good job on this site , but I don't see the point in creating more work that will result in a less user friendly forum.

Guest Thomo

However, obsessing about 36 grown men chasing inflated pigskin around on grass ...

I hate how people have started using this American crap. AFL balls have never been made of pigskin.

• Like 1

I all for anything that stops every thread becoming an excuse to slag off whipping boys. Some people need whipping boys to justify their own warped views of the game, but I find it very tiresome to watch.

How do we do it? I don't care. A 'locker room', cleansing threads, cleansing posters .... I don't care.

• Like 1

I all for anything that stops every thread becoming an excuse to slag off whipping boys. Some people need whipping boys to justify their own warped views of the game, but I find it very tiresome to watch.

How do we do it? I don't care. A 'locker room', cleansing threads, cleansing posters .... I don't care.

Ok, so AoB is one vote for the Final Solution.

Anyone else?

As for rpfc, do I think it's time crack each others heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Yes I do.

Maybe the mods can convert this to a Poll before someone gets hurt ...

I reckon the "for" case should require a substantial majority to get up - size tba by Jack etc.

Yes I'll volunteer to moderate the Locker Room board if it does get up

Maybe the mods can convert this to a Poll before someone gets hurt ...

I reckon the "for" case should require a substantial majority to get up - size tba by Jack etc.

Yes I'll volunteer to moderate the Locker Room board if it does get up

I thought earlier in the thread WJ said it was a "go". Thanks for volunteering to be a mod, we need all the help we can get. But you're a mod, not a mod for one board.

Welcome aboard!!

I thought earlier in the thread WJ said it was a "go".

Well that sounds even better - as I said I hate democracy.

Thanks for volunteering to be a mod, we need all the help we can get. But you're a mod, not a mod for one board.

Welcome aboard!!

I'm not getting press ganged into that Navy!

I'll just moderate my own Frankenstein's monster ship thanks - it'll quite likely have the worst excesses in there anyway "Morton this ...", "Davey that..." "Green the other .."

Surely the worst thing about moderating is having to read every post in a thread - YUK!!!

I'm not getting press ganged into that Navy!

I'll just moderate my own Frankenstein's monster ship thanks - it'll quite likely have the worst excesses in there anyway "Morton this ...", "Davey that..." "Green the other .."

What will your title be?

Adjunct Moderator?