Eddie Declares War on GWS

Good Times Grimes

it's not a cheap shot its true. We lost our future in tom scully and we didn't even have a voice. We had no-one like Eddie telling GWS or the AFL to shove it. Weak and pathetic.

what would you have said Freak that would have altered our situation?

it's not a cheap shot its true. We lost our future in tom scully and we didn't even have a voice. We had no-one like Eddie telling GWS or the AFL to shove it. Weak and pathetic.

We lost our future in Scully ? Sheesh , we'd better disband the club licketysplit before total humiliation sets in !!!

I am happy with Jim Stynes myself.

So am I wyl

However I admire Eddie he takes no crap when it comes to the Pies.

Pity we did not have his and the Pies cash.

We would not have to kowtow to the AFL all the time.

We could say get stuffed to a white clash jumper.

still, deep down

I wish we had an Eddie....

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot?

What have you been taking, Mephis?

• Like 1

Enjoy the year of uncertainty, Pies fans (which includes you McChins). If history is anything to go by, once one of the new clubs zeros in on a main target, you might as well pack their bags.

Even if Pendlebury doesn't go, they will still have to get through a year of speculation which has proven to be a distraction no matter what the players say.

We lost our future in tom scully?!! are you for real? why does everybody keep thinking this guy has jedi powers or something. one player , - even if he is as good as judd, how many premierships has carlton one since judd joined them? OR, how did geelong go after losing their Messiah, ablett jnr? im so sick of this rubbish about scully being the second coming or something. the club dodged a bullet - imagine trying to re sign JT etc in a few years time with bugger all room in the salary cap because the club paid overs in an effort to out bid GWS.

2 compo picks which give the club a chance to secure a couple of top line(not necessarily guns) mid fielders which will give the midfield depth is potentially more valuable than one kid on twice as much money as his fellow mid fielders and all the internal resentment at contract time that that would cause. Please everyone, ....... dry your eyes and get over Tom Scully!

• Like 1

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot?

What have you been taking, Mephis?

Haha! wow bit of a response

Let me clarify, I love Jimmy and wouldnt trade him as our President for the world

Somewhere, in the Melbourne football club fold though, wouldnt it be great to have someone with the Chins aggression, power, and ability to instill fear in your enemies and inspire the masses.

Dont get me wrong, i hate the man to no end. but you have to admire the power he has created around himself and his club

Edited by mephis

So am I wyl

However I admire Eddie he takes no crap when it comes to the Pies.

Pity we did not have his and the Pies cash.

We would not have to kowtow to the AFL all the time.

We could say get stuffed to a white clash jumper.

It will happen O.D. since Jimma took over the debt has been erased, sponsorship has in creased and $40 million + will go through the club next year....we will tell the AFL to get stuffed, but right now is not the time....Seeking some straight answers and clarification with these latest revelations i would like...We do not deserve to be walked over i agree.

Edited by why you little

Well said Eddie....

About time that we, as a football club both inside and out learnt to stand up for ourselves.

If this had happened to Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon then it would have hit the fan and answers would be demanded.

I love my club but from an outsiders perspective (which does matter because of sponsors, fixtures and free to air) we are weak and happily took it from GWS and the AFL as we usually do.

Eddie is having a whine and you want our club to emulate him, sorry I don't see what there is to like about it personally. MFC had no control over the farce that unfolded this year, T$ signed or (made the decision to go) late last year but due to a gag order put in place (by the rules) he or GWS could not tell anyone let alone the MFC. MFC were taking T$ word for it all year and when he left it happened so quickly. How do you stand up for yourself in this situation? If you demanded answers in that situation you would look like a bunch of slow learners, because the answer is: he was uncontracted and he signed with GWS simple. would you prefer the club to puff out its chest and beat it and carry on like a pork chop and cry unfair what exactly does it achieve. What exactly is Eddie's rant going to do? Do you think it will stop other clubs from approaching Pendlebury next year if he is not under a contract? If Pendlebury wants to go and someone makes him an offer he likes what's stopping him?

If I was GWS I would approach him on principle and do all in my power to get him and then watch Eddie implode. I would also make sure I had nailed down all my required and developing players and leave the fringe players and non required players as bait and see if Eddie falls for it. Hopefully he waste a lot of money trying to poach them all. (I doubt Eddie would fall for it) But that's just me lol..

I just hope Neeld does turn us into the Hardest team to play because to me that's where it matters on the field. The successful clubs let their football do the talking all the rest is just the supporting act.

So I say Cry me a River Eddie, Cry me a friggin River..

You wouldn't wish 12 months of destabilization and frustration on Collingwood would you?

Wonder how many pages their supporter site their supporter site will grow to?

Should be a nice comfortable season for them all.

You wouldn't wish 12 months of destabilization and frustration on Collingwood would you?

Wonder how many pages their supporter site their supporter site will grow to?

Should be a nice comfortable season for them all.

It will be interesting to see how this is played out.

Collingwood was said to be under salary cap pressure this year and had to "lose" some valuable players this year. We know that GWS has a swag of room within its cap (Scully gets $2m in 2012 and only $1m in 2013 - that alone frees up $1m). Assuming the Pendlebury camp hasn't already accepted a GWS mega deal in the October window of opportunity then he'll certainly receive one soon (and possibly his pet dog is about to become the AFL's highest paid club mascot too!). Eddie' s reaction will be worth seeing.