• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What questions would you most like to ask Mark Neeld if you were having dinner with him tonight?

Footynut

Deadwood, The Wire and Weeds are better than both of these but all 5 are terrific viewing.

Agree on the first two, add Sopranos, remove Weeds (final 2 seasons disappointing). Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Justified clearly the best three currents although new series Homeland is an absolute cracker.

Uh... No. Not for me.

We've strayed well off the topic, but has anyone seen Boardwalk Empire?

Yet to see it, but heard it was good.

And everyone loves Steve Buscemi.

Boardwalk Empire is very good - Scorsese directs and the show has excellent production levels .

Gonna check out "Homeland" as well thanks "big red" - looks good

Yeah we have strayed way off topic ! Though Mark's answered a few questions ( for now ).

Edited by Nuggets

Uh... No. Not for me.

We've strayed well off the topic, but has anyone seen Boardwalk Empire?

Yet to see it, but heard it was good.

And everyone loves Steve Buscemi.

Watched season 1...Epic...collecting 2 and will watch once BB is done.

Nuchy Thompson is a classic.

Game of thrones, followed by the 2nd Season of Downton Abbey and boardwalk empire are my current faves.

Gee, Downton Abbey has been good lately.

That's good - our playing group isn't qualified to select its own leaership group. Getting new draftees and 1 and 2 year players to vote is a farce.

Would it be safe to assume that Leading Teams is no longer? Surely Neeld would not believe in it after his time at the Filth.

I didn't realise your importance Mr F.

Haha and on that note Arrested Development one of the best US comedies of recent years are making another 9 episodes plus a movie! Happy times all round.

Agree with the rest of the shows mentioned love BB and nothing beats Sopranos. I have The Wire, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy and Deadwood downloaded and ready to watch just gotta find the team. Seen season 1 of Dexter and was very good but haven't watched the rest yet.

Haha and on that note Arrested Development one of the best US comedies of recent years are making another 9 episodes plus a movie! Happy times all round.

Are they? Awesome! When is the new season coming out?

How did this thread turn into TV talk?

Yes I watch Sons of Anarchy, and ask WYL if I watch breaking bad lol! Oh you want comedy you have to turn to BBC. Peep show one of my all time favs!

Dear Mr Neeld. Ive heard strong rumors that the previous leadership group was a bit prone to bullying or perhaps belittling the younger players esp in areas of fitness and muscle.....or keeping up with "the Jones,es" if you like..... Is this sort of culture something that you would inspire in your leadership group?

Are they? Awesome! When is the new season coming out?

How did this thread turn into TV talk?

Yes I watch Sons of Anarchy, and ask WYL if I watch breaking bad lol! Oh you want comedy you have to turn to BBC. Peep show one of my all time favs!

Pretty sure the new AD series and movie won't be out til 2013 but after this many years wait another 1.5 won't be too bad.

I love British comedies, much better than the American ones (with rare exceptions like AD). Been watching Misfits & Inbetweeners recently as well as An Idiot Abroad and am downloading Psychoville to watch (made by the same guys who did League of Gentlemen). I've seen one ep of Peep Show on FTA was very funny gonna have to download that series as well.

I've seen the first 10 episodes of BB series 4, just gotta watch the last 3.

Dear Mr Neeld. Ive heard strong rumors that the previous leadership group was a bit prone to bullying or perhaps belittling the younger players esp in areas of fitness and muscle.....or keeping up with "the Jones,es" if you like..... Is this sort of culture something that you would inspire in your leadership group?

Could you please expand on this?

Because it leads the reader to extrapolate that Nathan Jones was/is belittling younger players for their physique and/or running capacity.

Is this where you intended to lead the reader?

Pretty sure the new AD series and movie won't be out til 2013 but after this many years wait another 1.5 won't be too bad.

I love British comedies, much better than the American ones (with rare exceptions like AD). Been watching Misfits & Inbetweeners recently as well as An Idiot Abroad and am downloading Psychoville to watch (made by the same guys who did League of Gentlemen). I've seen one ep of Peep Show on FTA was very funny gonna have to download that series as well.

I've seen the first 10 episodes of BB series 4, just gotta watch the last 3.

Oh yeah Inbetweeners- awesomely funny the boys mesh so well together lol. Briefcase [censored]! An Idiot abroad- GOLD! Karl Pilkington is my idol he has the most twisted view on everything, he is a comic genius without meaning it. Listened to his podcasts with Ricky and Steve?

Yeah you have to watch all of Peep show- one of those comedies with the gut busting tear jerking laughs... This is a thread about dinner with Neeld hey? Lol!

Seems like you and I have the same taste in comedies!

Other BrItish comedies - Pulling , Whites , Miranda and The Trip - all very different from each other .

Could you please expand on this?

Because it leads the reader to extrapolate that Nathan Jones was/is belittling younger players for their physique and/or running capacity.

Is this where you intended to lead the reader?

True RFPC only put it that way because he was in that group, but the rest of the post stands. And no I wont expand on it.

Edited by Wadda We Sing

- when asked about the leadership group, Neeld said he needed to sit down in his office Monday and begin working on that.

It's something he hasn't yet considered, but he will be choosing the captain and the leadership group.

As has been his mantra since coming to the club, he aims for high performance with high INTEGRITY, and for that reason he won't discuss what his decision will be until the players themselves know.

I took a slightly different emphasis from what he said Lutz - I had the impression he has worked out what he wants to do, and will be telling them Monday as you said. I don't think we are going to be bemoaning lack of direction with this coach and his colleagues.

It was an event that made me feel better about our prospects. I know that one would hope that a new coaching group would give off a positive vibe, but just talking to some of them I got the feeling that they are very energised because of the clear support that the board is giving to the coaching dept in terms of resources. Seems like a good reason to feel positive, particularly since the facilities are cutting edge (as said by Neeld and Craig), and the playing group provides a lot for the new well-resourced coaching group to work with.

True RFPC only put it that way because he was in that group, but the rest of the post stands. And no I wont expand on it.

May I ask why you bothered with your first post if your unwilling to actually reveal what you know?

• Like 1

Okay, then...?

May I ask why you bothered with your first post if your unwilling to actually reveal what you know?

That's what I am wondering.

"Breaking News!

Demon youngsters are being belittled and demeaned by those in the leadership group!

For more on that tune in never because I'm not telling!!"

Thanks Footynut, that's fantastic information. We really appreciate it. But reading through it, you would say that we won't necessarily be firing on all four cylinders next year because the players are, in Neeld's view, so far off where he needs them to be. So maybe it will start kicking in around 2013.

I took a slightly different emphasis from what he said Lutz - I had the impression he has worked out what he wants to do, and will be telling them Monday as you said. I don't think we are going to be bemoaning lack of direction with this coach and his colleagues.

I thought he said he was yet to address the leadership group, and it would be determined based on what he sees at training.

Could be wrong though.

Either way, I agree with the rest of your post.

The players will never be in doubt about our direction or what is expected of them.

It will be blatantly clear.