2011 Player Review - # 31 Tom Scully

Demonland

Absolute [censored] in the highest order and hopefully buried on the MCG wing members side by Moloney or Sylvia in 2012.

I hope those that believed his [censored] and bull story have stopped smoking their hopium, he was gone a long time ago and he played accordingly.

Scum.

unlike everyone else on this forum, I still believe him,

that he wouldn't decide until the end of the season,

and that he hadn't talked until the end of the season,

and there is no evidence from managers or him that he didnt stick to his word.

If any of you were offered such ridiculous amounts of money, and with no guaranteed fitness with a dodgy knee,

playing for a club you hadn't even barracked for as a kid,

how could you resist.

Would you stay in your current job if offered millions to join another company?

So stop this [censored], please.

But I did boo each time his name came up on brownlow night!

• Like 1

Hey, let's give the kid a break. Which of you, if offered $6m for four year's work (or is it 5?) and were told you had to keep it a secret wouldn't do the same? Hell, I know I would. And I'm an oldie. Imagine having to do that as a kid?

And, as a matter of interest, if in 4 (or 5) years time he's a gun and wants to come back to Melbourne FC, would you want him? I know i would.

As to a report on his 2011 performance? Not much to see here. Just an ordinary, uninspiring year at a club that had (at best) an ordinary, uninspiring year.

The greatest injustice was carried out long before he even pulled on a Melbourne geurnsey.

It was the instant that he was chosen ahead of Jack Trengove - the real 2009 No. 1 draft pick.

I will boo him for his whole career, and then some.

Edit: post 31.... the irony.

Edited by Kick it LONG

I absolutely understand his monetary decision and I absolutely bear him ill will.

He had a choice to make and as far i am concerned he made it. As said all along - I have zero idea what went downand when and to re-iterate I dont really care - I bear him malice and Tapscott bearing down on him at 100 mph. May he be Rhys Shawed severely.

To me, he'll always be regarded as Ned Scully. Not because he took the money and did a runner but because of the contempt in the way he and his camp treated this football club, its players and supporters.

Thankfully, we have enough good people at that club to overcome and Ned's previous presence at the MFC will be well and truly erased when the first siren sounds at the start of next season.

My favourite show is Curb Your Enthusiasm and I just love your avatar. Its the best on Demonland IMO.

I wrote this but was banned at the time

“An ode to Scully”

TOM – IF ONLY

Oh Tom, where art though in this time of need?

Where art though as others sign and pledge their faith in the Demon rising.

Where art though as supporters unite to reduce the debt and sing your praise?

Where art though as a new coach and professionalism begins to appear?

What is that I hear?

More money is your only fear?

Be not scared Tom the money is fine right here, plenty for the Jacks to sign

Even Colin put pen to paper, for much less than you were offered.

Is there more I hear?

Not happy with the club, players drinking and having fun not your thing young Tom you Gun.

Well [censored] off then you mercenary [censored],

We will Boo you like no other, may the crazy man wreak havoc with your plan.

May the weight of expectation cause your shoulders to slump and your degenerative knee to collapse,

May living in a Bogan castle in Shitsville give you nightmares as you team parties into the night.

What is that I hear, you don’t drink or have any friends, not our problem loner,

Well enjoy your restricted training program as your knee forces you to become a long forgotten footnote

as the most expensive flop in AFL history.

I hope the AFL’s corporate spin doctors had a glove on Tom because the anus is a terrible pace for an infection.

How does it feel to be a puppet Tom? with that long slimy arm far up your behind.

Anyway, good riddance. We will continue to play at the home of football as you see out your days in the recovery room of GWS hoping for a miracle on that troublesome knee.

At least you’ll have money Tom, so much in fact that you’ll be able to afford a beautiful big plastic house, filled with beautiful big plastic things and best of all you can watch the Demon rise on your 1200 inch mega plasma HD, 3D, sonar equipped TV and think what might have been.

If only, if only, if only, if only you had the courage, the commitment, the guts, the determination to play for the AFL’s oldest and greatest team.

Watch us rise Tom, with our hardships, watch our improvement and watch Tom, watch as Jack Watts and Jack Trengove hold the cup aloft and watch as someone in the background flips you the bird as you sit, injured in your McMansion with Mummy holding your hand as you sob, If Only!

• Like 1

Scullys form and recurring knee injuries softened the blow of his deception/defection

Im ashamed to have #31 on my jumper

Never be ashamed of the number 31 on a Melbourne jumper. That number stands for much more than a certain no-name can ever mean for it.

Scully hasnt stained the reputation of either the club nor that number, only himself.

• Like 2

If any of you were offered such ridiculous amounts of money, and with no guaranteed fitness with a dodgy knee,

how could you resist.

I don't blame him for taking the $$$ at all. What i do take offence at is how he let others take the heat for the whole year for him, and then too disappear via a phone call. The MFC deserved better than that.

But i think we are stronger now because of it. I wonder if his locker has been left untouched??

• Like 1

how could you resist.

Scully's name came up on Brownlow night??!!

Scully is just the quintessential, modern sportsmen. Never seemed to have any appreciation for the history and culture of the club, he was just an employee on a two-year contract.

I don't begrudge him for taking the money, but he should have been straight up with us.

Edited by wisedog

Scully is just the quintessential, modern sportsmen. Never seemed to have any appreciation for the history and culture of the club, he was just an employee on a two-year contract.

I don't begrudge him for taking the money, but he should have been straight up with us.

Probaly summed up the scully situation perfectly. Unlike us he has no loyalty to MFC. just a boy playing footy who got offered millions to go somewhere else. If i was 20 and playing for, say, freo, and was offered millions to go to another club Id be gone. However i would play it with a straighter bat than $ully did

I don't think there is any need for ppl to come on this thread and give us the "it was a lot of money", "what would you do" or "give the kid a break" BS

The purpose of the thread is to review his season, it's in the title!

If you think he had a great year, gave 100% and was totally committed to the MFC, its supporters and his teammates go ahead and post such, by all means. You'll only be kidding yourself....again!

While he wasn't on his own that day, I do recall his 1 touch second quarter against West Coast when they kicked 8.

For the majority of the year he either didn't play, or played poorly.

So long, and thanks for all the picks (/cap space/Clarks/resolve/Trengoves)

When this thread dies I never have to see this name on Demonland again.

I should have started this thread. The only thread I have ever started got like 5 responses and went down quicker than Rosanne on a Hershey bar.

Die thread die!!