North Melbourne: 18, 40, 58, 76, 94

Port Adelaide: 6, 28, 33, 51, 69, 87

Richmond: 14, 37, 55, 73, 91

St.Kilda: 20, 42, 60, 78, 96

Sydney: 21, 43, 61, 79, 97

West Coast: 23, 45, 63, 81, 99

Western Bulldogs: 17, 39, 57, 75, 93

EDIT: This is the revised order.

Obviously order will change if certain teams decide to use "priority picks".

I don't believe there are any priority picks available.

Clubs with compensatory picks from last year were able to nominate these for use this year. It looks as though only Brisbane has exercised this option in 2011 and they get pick 27.

9 out of the top 15 picks for GWS, and the same thing next year too. Add to that extra salary cap room, and their persmission to poach 1 x uncontracted player from each club, and you have a team that will have a premiership cup bought for it within the first decade of the clubs inception in to the competition.

Obviously order will change if certain teams decide to use "priority picks".

I think you mean "compensation picks" not "priority picks" they're something else for less than 5 wins.

Last year WC had a priority pick at the end of the 1st rouind for less than 5 wins - where are the picks for GC and Port? It looks like Brisbane may have one at 27. It doesn't make sense.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/complete-2011-draft-order/story-fn69a32t-1226157936865

27 Brisbane Lions *

* This is an end-of-first-round compensation pick. It was originally the pick granted to the Western Bulldogs (for the loss of Jarrod Harbrow to the Gold Coast), but was then traded to the Brisbane Lions as part of the exchange for Justin Sherman during last year’s trade week.

Looks like you're right Jack - no Priority Picks this year, but WC picked up Darling with a PP last year - it doesn't seem fair to Port and Brisbane (not that GC needs any more picks).

9 out of the top 15 picks for GWS, and the same thing next year too. Add to that extra salary cap room, and their persmission to poach 1 x uncontracted player from each club, and you have a team that will have a premiership cup bought for it within the first decade of the clubs inception in to the competition.

Next year is back to normal in terms of the draft. GWS can still poach uncontracted players from teams they haven't already poached from, but come draft time its all based on ladder position just like it was before these 2 joke teams joined the league.

No.

Next year is back to normal in terms of the draft. GWS can still poach uncontracted players from teams they haven't already poached from, but come draft time its all based on ladder position just like it was before these 2 joke teams joined the league.

Yes.

Samsara - you might be confused with the GWS still being able to poach players next year. No more draft concessions - but they will get picks with the 17 year old draft/trade thing...

I think you mean "compensation picks" not "priority picks" they're something else for less than 5 wins.

Last year WC had a priority pick at the end of the 1st rouind for less than 5 wins - where are the picks for GC and Port? It looks like Brisbane may have one at 27. It doesn't make sense.

YEP thats exactly what i meant! i get really confused with all of this.

OK typical of the HUN they f'ked it up.

Here's the real order from the AFL site with the Priority selection for GC, Port and Brisbane included:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122666/default.aspx

25. Collingwood

26. Geelong

Priority selections

27. Gold Coast

28. Port Adelaide

29. Brisbane Lions

Uncontracted player compensation selection

30. Brisbane Lions

Round two

31. GWS

32. Gold Coast

33. Port Adelaide

34. Brisbane Lions

35. Adelaide

36. Melbourne

37. Richmond

you don't realise how good of a run GWS gets until you actually see it there.

to put it into perspective if a club had these picks in 2008 they would have

1. Melbourne -- Jack Watts (Sandringham Dragons)

2. West Coast Eagles -- Nicholas Naitanui (Swan Districts)

3. Fremantle -- Stephen Hill (West Perth)

5. Essendon -- Michael Hurley (Northern Knights)

7. Brisbane Lions -- Daniel Rich (Subiaco)

9. North Melbourne -- Jack Ziebell (Murray Bushrangers)

11. Collingwood -- Steele Sidebottom (Murray Bushrangers)

13. St Kilda -- Tom Lynch (Sandringham Dragons)

15. Geelong -- Mitchell Brown (Sandringham Dragons)

28. Adelaide -- Shaun McKernan (Calder Cannons)

46. Collingwood -- Luke Rounds (Geelong Falcons)

64. Melbourne -- Rohan Bail (Mt Gravatt)

82. Brisbane Lions -- Pass

Yeah, but it's not THAT good.

It's like most teams - a couple of stars, and bunch of good players and then the rest made up of filler.

By the time their kids are old enough to have a real impact, all the poached guns will be ready for retirement age.

That extra pick for Brisbane is apparently a priority pick but others say it's the compensation pick the Western Bulldogs received for losing Jarrod Harbrow to Gold Coast. The Dogs then traded that selection to the Lions in exchange for Justin Sherman.

Yeah, but it's not THAT good.

It's like most teams - a couple of stars, and bunch of good players and then the rest made up of filler.

By the time their kids are old enough to have a real impact, all the poached guns will be ready for retirement age.

And with any luck NSW will be back to having one AFL team.

OK typical of the HUN they f'ked it up.

Here's the real order from the AFL site with the Priority selection for GC, Port and Brisbane included:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122666/default.aspx

I thought so. Those 3 clubs to get priority picks, (@ end of 1st Rnd)... is how I understood it.

And with any luck NSW will be back to having one AFL team.

Sorry, but I think that's a stupid sentiment.

I don't want GWS to win a flag any time we're contending for it, but I hope the clubs succeeds and becomes popular in west Sydney.

I can't understand the thinking of wanting them to fail.

That would hurt the game and the AFL, and that hurts MFC.

I find it odd that the teams that finished at the bottom of the table get every second pick from 4 onwards.

GWS: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 28, 46, 64, 82

I'd suggest that GWS should get 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35...until Collingwood gets the last of the first round selections.

This appears to be more equitable and I'm sure GWS wouldn't complain.

Sorry, but I think that's a stupid sentiment.

I don't want GWS to win a flag any time we're contending for it, but I hope the clubs succeeds and becomes popular in west Sydney.

I can't understand the thinking of wanting them to fail.

That would hurt the game and the AFL, and that hurts MFC.

That's not our problem. Andy can deal with that .I hope they fail also .

So, the question is, given that we have 2 first round draft picks from the Scully compensation....and our first pick is pick 12....we really can make a bit of a statement this coming draft with 3 picks inside top 15 if i understand correctly (if we wanted to of course)

For me, not entirely understanding the young hopefuls within the upcoming draft, is it worth us using all our picks now? Or waiting for the next draft where it is uncompromised?

Thoughts?