NEW COACHES

jayceebee31

Not sure I agree with that.

Neeld is coach and has control over how the team is coached.

He'll control game day. He'll control what, when and where in regards to training.

He will set the gamestyle, tactics and gameplan, and instill that within the playing group.

But Misson says when the players can and can't train and how much.

He ensures they are fit and firing to follow Neeld's instructions.

And Viney will manage the personal development of players, especially the younger ones at Casey.

He'll tell them what to work on to become better players.

None of these blokes so much as answer to Craig, rather they are guided by him.

That way they can individually completely focus on diving headfirst into their own role, and he will ensure everybody is on the same page.

It enables Neeld to focus on what he wants, rather than having to oversee the other departments, which makes his workload too great and his performance would suffer.

This is not an adversarial system - it is designed for them all engage collaboratively to work towards success.

In the end it's all about preventing the coach from being too stretched.

I think Neeld is the type to insist on what he wants and won't take shyte from anyone

I think so too.

I just hope peoples noses are not too bent when Neeld punches them out of shape.

I am not sure this is quite right RPFC. What you are stating is an outsiders perspective of the status of the coach in the football department. They are the public face for the football team, they put the coaching strategy in place, But they don't run the whole show. Neeld would work with Misson and together they would come up with a strategy for fitness, performance etc... but it's not Neeld's role to put it into place. Similarly with other areas such as player recruitment etc... Neeld would work with Prendergast on the types of players he wants... the gaps he sees in the list, Prendergast's job is to recommend the best fits and the 'likely' candidates.

I have no doubt that the club when chosing Neeld looked at his vision and proposed solution to making the football team a success, and then provided the resources in order to help him achieve that. But Craig reports to the CEO, the Senior Coach reports to whoever heads up the football department.

.... otherwise you end up with something more like Grant Thomas and his time @ St Kilda.... or worse still Greg Miller (Not that he was coach,) at Richmond.

People on here are right to say that footy clubs don't have the same structure as typical organisations.

They are right - and here lies the problem.

The CEO isn't the head of the club. Schwab is important but the club has to be driven by the coach, because they are the ones in charge of the mechanics - the players.

The coach is in charge, and to pretend otherwise the way this structure is set out can only lead to confusion and frustration when Neeld doesn't listen to his Sports Performance mentor or his Dev Strategist peer and does what we have asked him to do - be the Head Coach of the club.

The buck stops with the coach and we should cut the BS and realise it.

president

I

MFC Board

CEO (Cameron Schwab) / Football Director (Lyon (for now))

\/

Director of Sports Performance (Neil Craig)

\/

Senior Coach (Neeld) / Elite Performance Manager (Misson) / General Manager Player Devt & Strategy (Viney)

\/

Backline Coach (Rawlings / Midfield Coach (Royal) / Forward Coach (L.Brown)

\/

Backs Asst Coach (?) / Mids Asst Coach (Greaves) Devt Fwd Line Coach (Satterley)

i think I read on the Mfc site when Craig was appointed that he is answerable to the CEO cameron schwab.

as he is the 'director of sports performance can anyone explain or perhaps you jbc, why he isn't answerable to the soon -to-be appointed football director -currently lyon - who has a voice on the Mfc Board ?

i don't think schwab is on the board is he ?

They're all men with variable experience that have been assembled by a strict process that has been put together in order to deliver a flag.

I for one have the utmost faith in the group and that interdependency will be critical to the success of the MFC. Who gives a shyte about organograms anyway.

Let them get on with it.

They're all men with variable experience that have been assembled by a strict process that has been put together in order to deliver a flag.

I for one have the utmost faith in the group and that interdependency will be critical to the success of the MFC. Who gives a shyte about organograms anyway.

Let them get on with it.

I would like a similar statement from Schwab or Craig (although Craig touched a little bit in the interviews he has done).

The org structure was a slight source of amuse/bemuse-ment until JCB said that there is a org chart at AAMI stipulating this nonsense.

It's not a massive issue but I just hope that Cam is ready to accept it when Mark tells him to get out of the rooms, Neil to step in line on match day, etc.

Mark Neeld is the man.

Neil Craig's role and weather or not he is at the "top" of the tree is irrelevant.

Neeld is the one in charge of the team, there is no doubt in this, but somebody needs to watch what he and the other department heads, fitness, development ect do, this guy is Craig, Neeld wont "answer" to Craig, but they will talk about whats happening.

I dont think Craig will actively voice his opinion to often, but be there to provide another perspective on issues, maybe ask questions to understand where everything is and how it all fits together, ensuring that everything that is done is towards the same end as the others (Neelds)

Should we feel sorry for Bailey? Did he not have the same support because MFC wasn't prepared to allow/financially able to have this significant support structure? or did Bailey get everything he wanted but it was just a smaller team?

Feel sorry ? I don't think so.

I count 8 -- however some may not sit in the box..

Neeld seemed to really enjoy the boundary line- similar to Craig.However the 8 are :

Craig, Neeld, Rawlings, Royal, Brown & the 3 assistants.

I also think Kelly O'Donnell will also sit in the box. A lot of people in the box now...

Does anyone know exactly what Kelly O'donnell actually does ?

I really think he's trying to change the "near enough is good enough" culture we've had in place for too long.

Can you name the MFC players or officials who have stated that that they abide by the "near enough is good enough" doctrine?

i would have thought it was more a case in the past 4 to 5 years that we are "not near enough because we were not good enough yet" given the huge turnover in the list and the immaturity of the talented younger players.

The org structure was a slight source of amuse/bemuse-ment until JCB said that there is a org chart at AAMI stipulating this nonsense.

It must be on the game-day magnet board. That explains the confusion.

Nice get jcb!

I'm tipping Leigh Brown for forward coach, no info basis at all.

Nice get/tip old55.

Yet Kim tipped him for backline coach. SNF should be contacting you soon :)

I wasn't aware of his coaching at TAC level over the last 4 years. Having read Neeld's comments since after a big weekend in football, once again we allegedly have another very good communicator by reports, on board.

Neeld is building a team around him he can trust to get the work done.

I found this reading on one of the assistants appointed in Satterley : http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/star/werribee-hoppers-crossing/316/story/141670.html

Nice get/tip old55.

Yet Kim tipped him for backline coach. SNF should be contacting you soon :)

I wasn't aware of his coaching at TAC level over the last 4 years. Having read Neeld's comments since after a big weekend in football, once again we allegedly have another very good communicator by reports, on board.

Neeld is building a team around him he can trust to get the work done.

I found this reading on one of the assistants appointed in Satterley : http://www.starnewsg...ory/141670.html

Nicol said: “While we are sad to see him leave Avalon Airport Oval, history tells us that another chapter will begin for Werribee under a new coach. Paul joins the likes of Alastair Clarkson, Donald McDonald and Chris Bond as former coaches of our great club who have gone onto AFL level.”

Was very good article thanks HT, would be pleased if he was half the coach clarko is currently

Our former coaches are in demand with Bails going to Adelaide and having a sling at the club as he was appointed-http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/06/bailey-has-one-last-dig-at-melbourne/ whilst Mark Wiliams has accepted an offer to go to Richmond as an Assistant coach. It is believed to be the role that Bails declined at Richmond.

Our former coaches are in demand with Bails going to Adelaide and having a sling at the club as he was appointed-http://www.sportsnew...g-at-melbourne/ whilst Mark Wiliams has accepted an offer to go to Richmond as an Assistant coach. It is believed to be the role that Bails declined at Richmond.

Yeah..lol. I read that too. Look I'll give the guy a couple of freebies and just a tad of slack. Must infuriate somewhat to see everything being thrown at the FD now and he didnt get it. But the real question is even if he did would he stil lbe the man ? I dont think so. Im glad weve moved on. Dean needs to too..thats all..and good luck to him ( but more to us ..) :lol:

Yeah..lol. I read that too. Look I'll give the guy a couple of freebies and just a tad of slack. Must infuriate somewhat to see everything being thrown at the FD now and he didnt get it. But the real question is even if he did would he stil lbe the man ? I dont think so. Im glad weve moved on. Dean needs to too..thats all..and good luck to him ( but more to us ..) :lol:

Yep -but gee one can really see what has gone on this year in our football department. No doubt the in fighting and the Scully affair would have really caused friction and now the money spent to gain better results are mind bogging to a bloke like Bails.

I dont think the dig at our FD is much of a dig either - he is stating what we all knew.

Our former coaches are in demand with Bails going to Adelaide and having a sling at the club as he was appointed-http://www.sportsnew...g-at-melbourne/ whilst Mark Wiliams has accepted an offer to go to Richmond as an Assistant coach. It is believed to be the role that Bails declined at Richmond.

Wasn't having a sling. The writer has put his slant on a 12 minute interview & picked out quotes to suit. He did say he preferred the Crows to Port because of the resources they had available.

Tip Watters for Coach with Ayres as Senior Assistant.

Posted this earlier this week (in relation to St. Kilda's vacant coaching position). Interested to see if I am close. At the time Barrett named 10 coaches being interviewed but did not include Ayres.

I dont think the dig at our FD is much of a dig either - he is stating what we all knew.

quite possibly.. The other reality is we simply didnt have the money to spend then. We do now. Unfortunate timing in a manner. . Thats life.

Tip Watters for Coach with Ayres as Senior Assistant.

Posted this earlier this week (in relation to St. Kilda's vacant coaching position). Interested to see if I am close. At the time Barrett named 10 coaches being interviewed but did not include Ayres.

I think you will go close but maybe not the same odds as Black Cavier tomorrow.