• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice thought - the deal was done last year.

GWS would like to get out of it now they know the kid has a crook knee, but can't because a committment - note, not a contract - was settled during GWS' approach window in 2010.

And yes, that would make TS a consummate liar.

I dont for a moment think anyone who actually realises the true culprits will see Melbourne as a mockery. A pawn perhaps but once they ( MFC ) understood the scam its played a clever bat.

People are I suppose apt to get riled about it all. But then take a second to consider who the real winner is out of all this ? US :lol:

Many wont see it as such...but today is a great day for Melbourne.!!!

Go Dees

The only way we will be winners is if the MFC grows some Kahoonas and takes on the AFL and demands adequate compensation for our perceived lost . Notice I say perceived!!

Months ago others amongst myself said Scully was gone . I remember the bagging Swartz took for even mentioning it as fact ..

There was no way the kid could nock back the money but that isnt the point . I dont know how many times I have to say this !!!

THE AFL IS TO BLAME !!!

The MFC is not the only club that is suffering as a result of the Deal the AFL has Done to get GWS setup .

As has been said before, do you think if this was happening to Collinwood they would just lay down and take it ???

MFC has to now Stand up and Be counted !! Otherwise all the work and all the Effort that has been put in by so many who are so passionate about this club will have been Wasted !!

I hope Tom was honest to Garry about what he thought was wrong at melbourne Dean Bailey apparently said on friday night on SEN Tom went to him a few times about issues. If there are issues and it looks like they are then they must be dealt with. We need to start fresh next season and maybe some people ned to go and not have a boys club mentality.

Also what did happen in China last season. Did Scully really get vomitted on and did the players just treat it as a end of season trip.

ANyway for those interested Tom will be on SEN ont he rum home after 4. I hope OX asks some hard questions.

If that is the case and he did go and see DB during the season then if there was credence to his complaints then why didnt DB crack the whip and do something about it. DB = too much like a friend = soft

I've been seething at work for the past hour, and now I'm at home.

- 2 years. Thanks, AFL. Nice system you got there.

- Jack Viney better run him over in 2013 after Jack Trengove delivers the perfect tackle on him next year.

- Unless we get a #1 draft pick or O'Meara, we have been screwed.

And I'm far more [censored] off about it now than I thought I would be. This club, this institution of the city, the second-oldest club of any footballing code in the world continues to be systematically screwed over. I'm sick of it as a supporter. I want success and yet the AFL continues to rob the poor to pay itself. The losers have not been the 'big' clubs of Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, West Coast - instead they have been Melbourne, the Bulldogs, Adelaide (who are currently struggling financially due to the AFL partly) and Port.

The first part, I suggest you go back through the (multiple) Scully threads and read what I have contributed. Like yourself, I no doubt tended to some repetition, but essentially my contributions were based on the "innocent until proven guilty" premise; and I think you might find that I was not the one banned for insinuating that Scully was a liar but not being forthright enough to come out and say it in so many words.

However, you will find that my "snide and purile ramblings" (a description I am more than happy to accept) have only appeared in retaliation to RR's equally purile and self-centred boastings and derision of those who were prepared to take Scully at his word.

Good post - at a trying time for us all.

Not the moment for snide comments and even more insults.

No, I just find it interesting that if his contract is currently still with Melbourne that he can appear in opposition colours and with opposition sponsors. I realise he is not the first to do this, but it's interesting none the less.

Actually may be grounds for breach. If so could save a few dollars and not pay him the remaining. He certainly won't miss it, and we certainly could use it.

The only way we will be winners is if the MFC grows some Kahoonas and takes on the AFL and demands adequate compensation for our perceived lost . Notice I say perceived!!

Months ago others amongst myself said Scully was gone . I remember the bagging Swartz took for even mentioning it as fact ..

There was no way the kid could nock back the money but that isnt the point . I dont know how many times I have to say this !!!

THE AFL IS TO BLAME !!!

The MFC is not the only club that is suffering as a result of the Deal the AFL has Done to get GWS setup .

As has been said before, do you think if this was happening to Collinwood they would just lay down and take it ???

MFC has to now Stand up and Be counted !! Otherwise all the work and all the Effort that has been put in by so many who are so passionate about this club will have been Wasted !!

And you dont think the Club has this in mind ??

Come on.... the club is playing it for all its worth..and good on us.

Stynes and Co wil lhave been about 99% certain this was all about to unfold after his little chat with Tom way back in March. The Club will have known , as it does now that our compensation relies on many components. The finishing positon of the player related to his club, the various offers on the boards , amount of games etc etc..

Who say we are just laying down ? If Tom signs he signs.. bugger all we can do really short of putting a gun to his head is there !! Maybe the Club realised very early its best return was to play along. Make GWS pay top doillar....shine the trophy up a bit. I imagine the club has for some time had a committee , a working party etc totally focussed on garnering the best compensation possible. So just because we havent received anythig in the mail about it you think we're doing nothing ??

Ah I get a laugh out of this board sometimes B)

I've been seething at work for the past hour, and now I'm at home.

- 2 years. Thanks, AFL. Nice system you got there.

- Jack Viney better run him over in 2013 after Jack Trengove delivers the perfect tackle on him next year.

- Unless we get a #1 draft pick or O'Meara, we have been screwed.

And I'm far more [censored] off about it now than I thought I would be. This club, this institution of the city, the second-oldest club of any footballing code in the world continues to be systematically screwed over. I'm sick of it as a supporter. I want success and yet the AFL continues to rob the poor to pay itself. The losers have not been the 'big' clubs of Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, West Coast - instead they have been Melbourne, the Bulldogs, Adelaide (who are currently struggling financially due to the AFL partly) and Port.

Couldn't agree more, it is the weaker clubs who have been shafted up the A$$ with these new Clubs (Ablett the exception, BUT that was after he helped win the cats 2 flags-Gary did his time)

We must fight back...I keep saying it today, but this decision might just galvanize this club & turn us into a ruthless Machine...A Machine that Tom Scully one day will miss.

A nice thought - the deal was done last year.

GWS would like to get out of it now they know the kid has a crook knee, but can't because a committment - note, not a contract - was settled during GWS' approach window in 2010.

And yes, that would make TS a consummate liar.

GWS upped the ante with an extra year, so not sure that this is accurate.

Couldn't agree more, it is the weaker clubs who have been shafted up the A$$ with these new Clubs (Ablett the exception, BUT that was after he helped win the cats 2 flags-Gary did his time)

We must fight back...I keep saying it today, but this decision might just galvanize this club & turn us into a ruthless Machine...A Machine that Tom Scully one day will miss.

Would love to share your optimism WYL, but I think it will sting the sh!t out of us for a couple of seasons.

To top it off, Nathan Jones got on his Twitter saying that he understands the decision and wishes him luck. Jonesy - I know your a nice bloke and all, but have a bit of c*nt about you pleeeeease. So are you saying that any of our players are free to leave if the money is right? No wonder we are a long way off from winning a flag - I'm quite certain the Hawks of the 80's, the Lions of the early 00's and the current Geelong and Collingwood crop wouldn't take this, they would make a statement as a group.

And you dont think the Club has this in mind ??

Come on.... the club is playing it for all its worth..and good on us.

Stynes and Co wil lhave been about 99% certain this was all about to unfold after his little chat with Tom way back in March. The Club will have known , as it does now that our compensation relies on many components. The finishing positon of the player related to his club, the various offers on the boards , amount of games etc etc..

Who say we are just laying down ? If Tom signs he signs.. bugger all we can do really short of putting a gun to his head is there !! Maybe the Club realised very early its best return was to play along. Make GWS pay top doillar....shine the trophy up a bit. I imagine the club has for some time had a committee , a working party etc totally focussed on garnering the best compensation possible. So just because we havent received anythig in the mail about it you think we're doing nothing ??

Ah I get a laugh out of this board sometimes B)

Hopefully from your mouth to Gods ears

But Ill believe it when I see it our record as far as the AFLis concerned is 0zip when issues arise .

To top it off, Nathan Jones got on his Twitter saying that he understands the decision and wishes him luck. Jonesy - I know your a nice bloke and all, but have a bit of c*nt about you pleeeeease. So are you saying that any of our players are free to leave if the money is right? No wonder we are a long way off from winning a flag - I'm quite certain the Hawks of the 80's, the Lions of the early 00's and the current Geelong and Collingwood crop wouldn't take this, they would make a statement as a group.

Hehe.. I saw that and tweeted back at him with: "Yep, a few $mil to re-live Skilled Stadium on a weekly basis... not bad work if you can get it"

At least Jones and the other players will have some more insight into Scully's motivation/dissatisfaction, and I'm sure there is nothing to be gained from them bad mouthing him via the social media... would probably do more damage than good if the media got hold of it (as they surely would).

DS..Id probably agreee that our strike rate in the past has lefft a bit to be desired. Ive got my fingers crossed somewhat, that the current officialdom at Dees have a few more smarts about them.

After the dust settles a little later today Id expect the media hyhenas to start focussing on the very notion of level of compensation. I know its already started here and there but Im inlcined to htink it will really heat up. Many vested parties in all of this. . We arent alone in having a player nicked. Ours just happens to be the most expensive and hihgest placed so Im expecting any fire into the arguments will hopefully drive up our position. The club doesnt need to actually be at hte front, jsut as long as its stoking.

We need to play a balanced hand here....partly agrieved , partly deserving of highest return etc As someone once put it..Walk quietly , with a big stick !! :)

DS..Id probably agreee that our strike rate in the past has lefft a bit to be desired. Ive got my fingers crossed somewhat, that the current officialdom at Dees have a few more smarts about them.

After the dust settles a little later today Id expect the media hyhenas to start focussing on the very notion of level of compensation. I know its already started here and there but Im inlcined to htink it will really heat up. Many vested parties in all of this. . We arent alone in having a player nicked. Ours just happens to be the most expensive and hihgest placed so Im expecting any fire into the arguments will hopefully drive up our position. The club doesnt need to actually be at hte front, jsut as long as its stoking.

We need to play a balanced hand here....partly agrieved , partly deserving of highest return etc As someone once put it..Walk quietly , with a big stick !! :)

I have plenty of Big Sticks they can Borrow in fact more than one , Im happy to make them available to the MFC if they need them . In fact ones so big its called a LOG

They are welcome to it !

As long as Demetriou gets hit with it at least 5 times B)

Hehe.. I saw that and tweeted back at him with: "Yep, a few $mil to re-live Skilled Stadium on a weekly basis... not bad work if you can get it"

At least Jones and the other players will have some more insight into Scully's motivation/dissatisfaction, and I'm sure there is nothing to be gained from them bad mouthing him via the social media... would probably do more damage than good if the media got hold of it (as they surely would).

I'm not saying they need to bad-mouth him Hardtack, but something along the lines of what Trengove has said a few times in regards to money isn't everything and that he plays to win premierships, or something subtle about missing out on sharing this ride with his mates.

It was a soft response from Jones. As I said earlier, basically saying that it is ok for players to leave if they are offered big dollars. Pathetic.

Yes Range Rover, you were right. Most of us knew it was coming, some held out hope that he would stay. No need to go on and on about it.

This is a painful day, and it will be more painful in a few years time when Tom is tearing it apart. He will be a great player, but unfortunately, not outs. We have a great young list anyway, with players that are loyal and love the club. 2012 is our year to make a statement.

I wouldn't be so sure he will be a "great player" and "tearing it apart"

He has a number of deficiencies in his game

I personally think too many overrate him because he was a no 1 draft pick

Of course only time will tell